GAME THREADDD!!!! UC Davis - Uconn | Page 11 | The Boneyard

GAME THREADDD!!!! UC Davis - Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Funny, all those green lights to shoot didn't work out for UC-Davis.

Kidding. Respect to them, they played tough. Just completely overmatched.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Chong's shot was great tonight. She and KML scare the begibbers out of me when on the floor at the same time.

Reaction Score
Chong's shot was great tonight. She and KML scare the begibbers out of me when on the floor at the same time.
She's a little slow getting it off though. We'll see if her ability to hit 3s can offset that which Nurse brings to the table. Nurse just looks like a comfortable veteran out there. That's going to be hard to keep on the bench as the season wears on I think. I guess it's a great problem to have if you're UConn and you have all these top players competing for playing time.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Probably the same reason that Baylor played #316 ranked Grambling last year, and at least UC Davis was around #150. Answer is, they're just desperate for a win any way they can get it.

I asked that same question about almost every team Baylor played last year.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I thought Kiah looked good. She was getting great position in there, but UC Davis was really packing the post and we were so hot from the outside, we didn't really need her offense. She got some great rebounds on both ends.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I actually didn't mind this ESPN broadcast crew. They were like the 4th string and knew it, so they actually tried.
They are like 37th string - one camera, one producer, and two talent ESPN3 travel team - but I agree they produced a good broadcast.
People complain a lot about announcers and ESPNU broadcasts or this ESPN3 only broadcast but in reality we are spoiled rotten. I doubt there are many if any other women's games that ESPN would send a crew to simply for the web cast. Kudos to them!

Reaction Score
For someone who is supposed to be the best 3pt shooter that Geno has ever recruited (didn't he say that recently),
Courtney Ekmark's shot does not look that great, even the time she was wide open. Hopefully it was just first game
jitter for a freshman. She seems to play hard on both end of the court. Gaby Williams jumping ability is amazing.
Some of her rebounds seem like they are at the rim level, but she looks so raw as a basketball player.

Reaction Score
I recall a couple of views from under the basket looking down the court, so
they must have had at least two cameras.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I agree about Ekmark. Her form is kind of like Saniya's...more of a push shot (NOT trying to get into the set shot vs. jump shot thing).

She has kind of a flat follow through. And her misses are weird...not soft on the rim.

Hopefully just nerves and she gets into rhythm soon. Geno gave her lots of playing time, especially in the second half.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
For someone who is supposed to be the best 3pt shooter that Geno has ever recruited (didn't he say that recently),
Courtney Ekmark's shot does not look that great, even the time she was wide open. Hopefully it was just first game
jitter for a freshman. She seems to play hard on both end of the court. Gaby Williams jumping ability is amazing.
Some of her rebounds seem like they are at the rim level, but she looks so raw as a basketball player.

"All Caruso could do was sing."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I recall a couple of views from under the basket looking down the court, so
they must have had at least two cameras.
Nah - just a really fast camera man! :eek:
You are probably right, but it was a skeleton crew compared to a standard TV broadcast crew.

Reaction Score
[QUOTreasonasttexastrash, post: 1126632, member: 1706"]I have to ask. Why is UCONN playing UCONN Davis? This is embarrassing for UCD and WCBB.[/QUOTE]
Same reason other big name schools play low/mid major schools. We have one of the toughest schedule in WBB

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She's a little slow getting it off though. We'll see if her ability to hit 3s can offset that which Nurse brings to the table. Nurse just looks like a comfortable veteran out there. That's going to be hard to keep on the bench as the season wears on I think. I guess it's a great problem to have if you're UConn and you have all these top players competing for playing time.

I think Nurse will be starting soon. The announcers said that Geno commented that Nurse does not play like a freshman and that he will not treat her like a freshman.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think Nurse will be starting soon. The announcers said that Geno commented that Nurse does not play like a freshman and that he will not treat her like a freshman.
Not as long as Chong is hitting the 3 and takes care of the ball as well as she does. There is no real need for her to start to be a big contributor. With her and Tuck coming off the bench his has two great tools available. Nurse is awesome but unless Chong starts to fade I don't foresee Geno making that change soon and risking the gains Chong has made by shaking her confidence.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
IB- interesting decision and a great position to be in. If offense is flowing w Chong I agree. Geno has always talked about having a spark plug off the bench. Nurse could be that in many ways, maybe defensively. I can't help but think, if Chong was able to be the one off the bench nailing a few threes when we need them in a tough game- that would be ideal. Either way, I'm euphoric, (I feel blessed) with Nurse/Tuck as our 6th/7th players.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not as long as Chong is hitting the 3 and takes care of the ball as well as she does. There is no real need for her to start to be a big contributor. With her and Tuck coming off the bench his has two great tools available. Nurse is awesome but unless Chong starts to fade I don't foresee Geno making that change soon and risking the gains Chong has made by shaking her confidence.

Very good point about not wanting to shake Chong's confidence. I had not thought of that perspective.

Reaction Score
Nurse will get plenty of minutes early and before the "dogs" get called off - I'd like to see her in with Tuck or instead of Tuck with the rest of the freshmen and walkons at the end - they could use her to control tempo and movement to develop and maintain understanding of how the women play that makes watching UConn play such a pleasure.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nurse will get plenty of minutes early and before the "dogs" get called off - I'd like to see her in with Tuck or instead of Tuck with the rest of the freshmen and walkons at the end - they could use her to control tempo and movement to develop and maintain understanding of how the women play that makes watching UConn play such a pleasure.
Absolutely, Both Chong and Nurse will have plenty of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom