Game thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I have no idea how you even process something like that as a Coach given the context of this team. Dunno if you nuke them blind in the locker room or just kind of keep plugging. That team literally just quit. Literally quit.
Nuke them. Something tells me Ollie is too soft. His teams aren't scared of him the way JCs were. You aren't recruiting anymore so stop coaching as a friend.

Reaction Score
Ollie is incompetent late in games.
Impossible to argue after watching the worst meltdown I can recall. Consistently low basketball IQ shown on BOTH ends of the floor, over and over again.

Reaction Score
The scary thing is that we've lost more of these types of games than we've won under Ollie. His record against "top" teams is terrible for a guy getting paid what he's getting paid.

And I think that, to a man, the coaching staff would say that Gibbs has really not performed as well as everyone thought he would coming into the season.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
If we go NIT. Remember tonight.

Reaction Score
We have a hard time admitting it but we don't have the talent. Nobody on the team is clutch and not a single player can always be counted on. Until we get a leader, a guy we can depend on every game, this will continue. That player won't emerge this year, we can only pray we found such a player next year.

Reaction Score
Gibbs was horrible... He's not a point guard.. He over dribbles and the rest of the team stops playing. Brimah is the weakest player I've ever seen take the court for Uconn.

Reaction Score
This team is miserable to watch. How many ways can we blow a 12 point lead with 4+ minutes to go??? Complete meltdown...
This is a clear trend. Team puckers under pressure. Period.

Reaction Score
They weren't set on D.

They weren't set because of the drives to the basket on the other end.[/

No excuse. There was only one way Temple gets back. If they did the scouting report they are heavily reliant on threes. Take your chances with the 2 but for Christ sake don't leave them open.

Reaction Score
The scary thing is that we've lost more of these types of games than we've won under Ollie. His record against "top" teams is terrible for a guy getting paid what he's getting paid.

And I think that, to a man, the coaching staff would say that Gibbs has really not performed as well as everyone thought he would coming into the season.
Gibbs is key, he just doesn't have IT. I was expecting a boatright type, someone that you can hang your hat on, a leader, he just isn't even close to being talented enough. Can't create off the dribble for himself or others and is prone to make bad decisions.
Don't get me wrong this loss was a team loss plenty of bad play to go around, but yes going into the season I expected a higher caliber of player than we got.

Reaction Score
After the no call on his drive he definitely lost his mind a bit. Then the whole team followed suit and idiocy ensued.

Yep. That's my sense of the entire game. Gibbs got angry, lost his head. He was also fouled on another drive as well.

Reaction Score
AWFULL!!...they defended the 3 all second half then, with 5 minutes left up 12 they stopped defending 3. This is the worst melt down IVE seen by UCONN in a very long time.

Reaction Score
.........Purvis double dribbled at midcourt with the game on the line....I honestly haven't laughed that hard during a game of basketball. How in the world do you do that? How in the world do they continue to just dribble and kick out to the perimeter instead of feeding it to Miller. Miller should touch the ball every time down the court. He is the best player on the team and plays hard and tough, probably the only one I can say that about

Reaction Score
This team has plenty of Talent but lacks that winner mentality of UCONN teams in past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom