Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Stoopid motherf**kers. Arghhh!

Reaction Score
Lol, the last 5 mins of this game encapsulate every single complaint about this team all year long. Jesus.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
There was no rhyme or reason to the two possessions before Purvis' travel. Like the Cincinatti game.

Reaction Score
That was one of the worst losses I can remember. This team is so freaking frustrating to watch! Arrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
This team symbolizes everything that is currently wrong with college basketball.

Reaction Score
Literally the dumbest UConn basketball team I've ever watched grace the floor
Well-as annoying as it was watching our perimeter defenders forget about their man when they sort of gave help down low, only to allow an easy pass back to the perimeter for a 3, the thoroughly incompetent job we would then do running a stall-oriented offense 25' from the basket until a shot clock violation was imminent DID help me temporarily forget how mind-numbingly dumb we just played down the other end....

Reaction Score
It so f###king simple. We built the lead BECAUSE WE DENIED THEM THE THREE. Why couldn't Ollie point that out! So what did they d? Did the b### hedge where the three point shooter is all alone. And the did this FOUR F##KING TIMES IN A ROW!!!

STUPID!!!! JUST STUPID!!!!!

They weren't set on D.

They weren't set because of the drives to the basket on the other end.

Reaction Score
We have no killer instinct. We just shut off up any amount in the last 5 minutes of every game....

Reaction Score
18-2 to close the game. Team is pathetic. Ollie has been pathetic. Can't believe this, had looked hopeful before this game, I think im fresh out of hope now, and it's a shi**y feeling.

Reaction Score
Another gag coaching job by KO

You're right. Blowing a wide open dunk, turning it over on a double dribble and a behind the back turnover by Adams has nothing to do with it.

Reaction Score
This team is miserable to watch. How many ways can we blow a 12 point lead with 4+ minutes to go??? Complete meltdown...

Reaction Score
Ollie left Jalen on the bench way too long in the second half. The last turnover by Jalen didn't really matter, the game was already over. If you let Gibbs run the offense and be on the ball the team will lose.

Reaction Score
You realize that when I posted that, UConn had a 12 point lead without Adams?

I mean, in the first half, they had defensive breakdowns.

I did too.

Funny how I could see the stalled offense happening.

My point was simple. He's our best lead guard. I don't care about his defensive mistakes (particularly when he won't be the only one making them...and wasn't..) Our offense runs better with him in. So leave him in. We'll play through his mistakes. We can't afford to play too many minutes without him.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how you even process something like that as a Coach given the context of this team. Dunno if you nuke them blind in the locker room or just kind of keep plugging. That team literally just quit. Literally quit.

Reaction Score
I dunno guys, I feel like Ollie and the staff had a vision of this team and how it'd play offensively. And that's constantly at odds with what they actually are. They get up like that, it's more drive, kick stuff like there's some hope if they work on it in game situations up big that somehow they'll become what the staff envisioned them to be.

Just can't make a circle a square anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom