Game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That was just pathetic. Up by 4, with the ball, with just over a minute left, and that's how the coach runs the last minute of the game. Just so sad. Oh well.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Adams needs to be more assertive.

Reaction Score
CardiacAndre7 said:
They call a foul on Miller on the last play then he doesn't get a call when he gets hacked? Good stuff refs.

If Ollie doesn't call the refs out on that in the post game press conference he's a

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
They can barely average over 50 a game lol.
Never seen such a dysfunctional team
And that includes 09-10 and 11-12

Reaction Score
Had a 4 point lead & the ball last minute and gave up a lazy turnover.

Backbreaking loss. Just like Temple.

Reaction Score
Gibbs shot was not a good one but it was heroic for Shonn to get the rebound and put it back up, no call there was contact. We lost a rock fight, we were bullied inside and we have no answer for that.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Why do you have Nolan in on the last defensive play crowding up the backcourt? He contributed nothing all game but fouls, what a horrible coaching decision. I realize he didn't commit the foul but what kind of coaching is that? Down 2 go small

Reaction Score
Nightmares of the NIT and no tournament appearance are not too farfetched when we make 7 consecutive stops and score on one of them. It's embarrassing that we don't come out of games like that with a W, or more importantly, make our free throws. Five for eight still is not proficient for a team like UConn.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Anyone who comes on here and firstly blames the refs is severely out of touch. This team lacks continuity, organization and leadership. Too relaxed when we are winning, too much sulking and frustration when we are losing. Blowing a 4 point lead with a minute left is inexcusable. Late turnovers, terrible shots, letting the shot clock run down to 5 sec. every possession is inexcusable. Same story almost every game with this team.

Reaction Score
They call a foul on Miller on the last play then he doesn't get a call when he gets hacked? Good stuff refs.

That's my reaction, right there. As bad as they played the last 6 minutes, the last 12 seconds were inexcusable from the zebras.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Hamilton killed us. Stupid turn-overs. Lousy shooting.
His rebounds and assists may not be enough for the one-man wasted possessions he brings

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
We NEVER get good shots, or even shots, off of TO's. He needs to get JC in at practice and learn some stuff because we are horrid out of the TO's.
Or get a better x-s and o-s guy on his staff

Reaction Score
I have to say there was no foul on the last play on Miller so I can't whine about that. The big balls call was the "and 1" on the Clark lay in especially after the prior possession Purvis was hammered going to the hole. No foul anyway bad job there.

But the game wasn't lost there anyway it was lost on the other end of the court. The offense went stagnant.

Reaction Score
Hamilton killed us. Stupid turn-overs. Lousy shooting.
His rebounds and assists may not be enough for the one-man wasted possessions he brings

He's lost I can't wait for AB to come back because he will start averaging 20 a game.

The kid is mentally gone you can see it. He doesn't pump fake in the interior anymore he just shoots the ball on the run, falling whatever. I'm nervous it may not return in time for a run.

Reaction Score
I have to say there was no foul on the last play on Miller so I can't whine about that. The big balls call was the "and 1" on the Clark lay in especially after the prior possession Purvis was hammered going to the hole. No foul anyway bad job there.

But the game wasn't lost there anyway it was lost on the other end of the court. The offense went stagnant.
No the refs were pretty good all game, thought a few calls in te first half we should've gotten, thought Cincy deserved some in the second down low. But if they are gonna that foul on us at the end you can't not call the one on Miller. Pretty much exactly the same except Miller got hit by more than 1 player. Gotta be consistent down the stretch

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
That's my reaction, right there. As bad as they played the last 6 minutes, the last 12 seconds were inexcusable from the zebras.

This was the game in a nutshell. The refs were brutal down the stretch. No clue how you call that foul on the home team in a 2 point game with 15 seconds left then swallow it on the other end.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Our offense was clicking for a while. I don't get it. It is like they forget how to play. KO rarely calls a TO when this is happening. Hamilton doesn't get pulled for a breather when he creates turnover after turnover. I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom