Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Referees totally screwed us on the last fumble/drive. That timing fiasco let them save time and then have time to set up plays. Unreal.

Reaction Score
The level of D intensity is pitiful. They are tentative and not attacking. They need to attack and disrupt. Crash the D-ends. Blowup it up between the tackles. Hit the sh1thead QB every time with malice. He needs to be hurting badly.

Reaction Score
What did replays show on the fumble? Tough to tell in the stadium.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
mcallister was the first to touch it and then he came up with it. So by any measure it should have been uconn ball

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The point being that what Navy is doing to us is not a surprise.

Fair enough. I remember reading the prediction thread and seeing that only one person out of dozens predicted a loss. I think that this response is a problem of expectations.

Reaction Score
whomever #22 is for UConn needs to be replaced. or coached. He literally is the target of 85% of Navy's plays and he hasn't made a play all half. One of the worst performances I've ever seen by safety, largely because he is never where he should be.

I'm sure someone touched on this, but if you are third and 2 from the 12 yard line and are planning to go for it, don't run a play that has a chance to lose yardage. and then still go for it. Mind-numbingly stupid. Diaco needs a common sense coach badly.

You watch these two teams and you see a staff that knows who they are, how to execute a plan and how to win. and then you have the UConn staff

Reaction Score
Definitely a fumble. Impossible to tell who got it in the scrum but we came out with it. By any measure should have been UConn ball. not sure how Navy kept the ball.

Reaction Score
Getting destroyed on edge runs too. We seem to never have enough guys outside the tackles

Reaction Score
Navy's execution has been almost flawless. Understand how they blew out ecu

Reaction Score
Ok so the qb is either going to keep it or toss it why can't we have both options covered? Statistically speaking they don't throw much so trust ur corners

Reaction Score
Navy executes the triple option well

We can still win but the offense has to have long meaningful possessions
Not kicking the FG was stupid ,this would be a one possession game.
Anything could happen in a one possession game.
The defense needs two or three stops

Reaction Score
Why are our safeties playing like this is a down field team?

Reaction Score
It's hard to get stops when there's a team that doesn't throw the ball. They're pretty much always making positive plays...even if it is just a short gain. Tough to make stops when their momentum is putting them forward.

Reaction Score
whomever #22 is for UConn needs to be replaced. or coached. He literally is the target of 85% of Navy's plays and he hasn't made a play all half. One of the worst performances I've ever seen by safety, largely because he is never where he should be.

I'm sure someone touched on this, but if you are third and 2 from the 12 yard line and are planning to go for it, don't run a play that has a chance to lose yardage. and then still go for it. Mind-numbingly stupid. Diaco needs a common sense coach badly.

You watch these two teams and you see a staff that knows who they are, how to execute a plan and how to win. and then you have the UConn staff

I think your talking about #20. Adams is our play maker on defense. He's been on a lot of tackles. The LB's needs to get off these blocks and help out the safeties.

Reaction Score
It's hard to get stops when there's a team that doesn't throw the ball. They're pretty much always making positive plays...even if it is just a short gain. Tough to make stops when their momentum is putting them forward.
HCBD could learn something from this.......

Reaction Score
Navy executes the triple option well

We can still win but the offense has to have long meaningful possessions
Not kicking the FG was stupid ,this would be a one possession game.
Anything could happen in a one possession game.
The defense needs two or three stops

Good luck with 2 or 3 D stops. Haven't seen anything that convinces me yet that is remotely possible.

Reaction Score
Kicking the first field goal and not kicking the second was coaching malpractice. I

Reaction Score
I think your talking about #20. Adams is our play maker on defense. He's been on a lot of tackles. The LB's needs to get off these blocks and help out the safeties.

No he's correct Adams looks like crap and has been our weakness not obi

Reaction Score

Exactly why we needed to score every time we touch the ball. Navy can score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom