Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This has been disappointing on a couple of levels. But for a fumble recovery though it could be tied or us in the lead.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
At this point, I'm just pissed that a dumbs.hit penalty wiped out a kid's first career catch. Even the little things aren't going right.

Reaction Score
Can Knappe block? It's not good that he gives up a sack or takes a penalty every week.

Reaction Score
We got too tentative given the opponent and the game situation. Stilled pissed at the refs but hopefully their complete incompetence evens out as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
Newsome caught that ball they reviewed.
We got too tentative given the opponent and the game situation. Stilled pissed at the refs but hopefully their complete incompetence evens out as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
chuck shick said:
Newsome caught that ball they reviewed.

And we recovered 2 fumbles that they didn't want to give, plus they sure wanted to give them the onsides

Reaction Score
I still love this team and it will be fun watching them improve. Glad to have something to believe in after last season.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The team is improved. They can move the ball. There were some very questionable short yardage 3rd dowm play calls on our first few drives that resulted in losses or no gain. We definitely can move the ball. On D, the most disappointing thing through midway through the 3rd quarter was the constant inability to beat anyone to the corner.

I think Sherriffs is okay, but his greatest problem is that he's just inaccurate enough to miss being totally effective. By that I mean he tends to under lead several passes so the receiver is reaching a bit behind, or he is under throwing low. Balls that are marginally catchable or maybe not realistically catchable at all. A little sharper and we become much more effective. But he is able to move the ball and the team I think is headed in the right direction. We definitely have a fine receiving core and I was glad to see Newsome used so often. When all this materializes into Wsof course is the question.

As for attendance, it seemed okay but not great. Still too many choice seats that are empty but sold or occupied by fans of the visitors. I know because it's constantly that way in my 50 yard line upper deck section and I know that almost all those seats within at least 5-6 rows of me up and down are sold to seasons ticket holders.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We barely beat Nova and Army at home and now are playing legit teams and are 2-2. Thank God for those cupcakes or we might go winless. I don't like being so negative but this team is two years away from being competitive.

Reaction Score
D playing with Pride where was this from the beginning.

Pro
They held Navy to 7 points in the second half. They must have made some adjustments.
Surprise Navy is much better than a young Missouri team especially on offense.

They didn't quit on D holding Navy when it would have been easy to lay down.
That has to bode well going down the road.
Con
Not kicking the FG early was huge from a strategic standpoint.
That was an inexperienced decision that haunted us the entire game especially.
late. 28-21 with 7minutes to play gives the offensive co-Ordinator more options and put pressure on their defense. One possession allows you to run what_ever you want.Our QB is decent but put into a must pass situation takes some of his skills away.
The late Navy Drive in the first half was a low point on defense and probably cost us the game. You can't allow a team 7 in that situation 3 was no problem.
Again that a one possession game.
Thats a 7 point swing
So after the on side kick recovery were down 24-21 with the ball in Navy territory
At that point with the crowd rocking its 60-40 that we win the game.
That's how close we came to beating a very good team.

We have another brutal game next week , our schedule is pretty difficult so improvement might not get results.
I'm actually more optimistic this week than I was last week.

Reaction Score

Pro
They held Navy to 7 points in the second half. They must have made some adjustments.
Surprise Navy is much better than a young Missouri team especially on offense.

They didn't quit on D holding Navy when it would have been easy to lay down.
That has to bode well going down the road.
Con
Not kicking the FG early was huge from a strategic standpoint.
That was an inexperienced decision that haunted us the entire game especially.
late. 28-21 with 7minutes to play gives the offensive co-Ordinator more options and put pressure on their defense. One possession allows you to run what_ever you want.Our QB is decent but put into a must pass situation takes some of his skills away.
The late Navy Drive in the first half was a low point on defense and probably cost us the game. You can't allow a team 7 in that situation 3 was no problem.
Again that a one possession game.
Thats a 7 point swing
So after the on side kick recovery were down 24-21 with the ball in Navy territory
At that point with the crowd rocking its 60-40 that we win the game.
That's how close we came to beating a very good team.

We have another brutal game next week , our schedule is pretty difficult so improvement might not get results.
I'm actually more optimistic this week than I was last week.

Yeah realistically we are still a year away, BYU on the road is going to be real tough not to mention they will be fired up being at home and coming off a loss. Diaco better be on his game Friday night. We need to play these teams if we wanna get better in the long run. Im sick of moral victories but I realize this is going to be a long process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom