Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I thought Scaife played as well as or better than Jefferson today and she is only a freshman, so she should keep improving.

All Rutgers fans should be excited by the play of Scaife; she's going to be a great scorer. I'm not sure why the comparison to Jefferson, though. Seems unnecessary, and also not accurate that she played better than Jefferson. Scaife scored more points than Moriah but Moriah is not asked to score a lot of points on this UConn team. As the point guard Moriah ran the offense flawlessly, distributed the ball flawlessly (8 assists/0 turnovers), scored (13 points) when she had the opportunity, held Scaife to one basket when asked to defend Scaife in the 2nd half and chipped in 4 rebounds and 3 steals.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
First off, congrats on the win. Secondly, while we are not on the same level as UConn, I think we have as good a shot at making the final four as most of the rest of the teams out there. We scored more points against UConn than any other team has so far this season - without shooting 3's. We have some pretty decent players. I thought Scaife played as well as or better than Jefferson today and she is only a freshman, so she should keep improving. Copper played well today too, as she has all season. We do not match up well against UConn - especially when Geno had Dolson, Stewart and Stokes on the floor at the same time. We did not defend well today - especially against Hartley and we have no answer for Stewart (who does?), but let's see what the team learns from this and how they play going forward. We only had 10 turnovers today - same as UConn and that is what killed us in the other games we lost. Coach also didn't play Hollivay much today. She has been in a bit of a slump the past few games. If she comes out of it and starts playing like she did earlier in the season, I think we have a legitimate shot at making some noise in the tournament.

Oregon scored 4 more points than us, but yes...and we shot better then all all the other ranked teams too. I'm quite proud of that.

Reaction Score
All Rutgers fans should be excited by the play of Scaife; she's going to be a great scorer. I'm not sure why the comparison to Jefferson, though. Seems unnecessary, and also not accurate that she played better than Jefferson. Scaife scored more points than Moriah but Moriah is not asked to score a lot of points on this UConn team. As the point guard Moriah ran the offense flawlessly, distributed the ball flawlessly (8 assists/0 turnovers), scored (13 points) when she had the opportunity, held Scaife to one basket when asked to defend Scaife in the 2nd half and chipped in 4 rebounds and 3 steals.
I didn't mean any disrespect to Jefferson. She is exciting to watch (so quick) and took good care of the ball. I only used the comparison as someone in this thread pointed out her stat line and Tyler's stat line was impressive too. They both did their jobs today. They actually looked like they were having fun when they were matched against each other. Moriah even cracked a smile at one point when Scaife was trying to steal the ball from her. As to who played better, well that is truly a matter of opinion. I think they both played great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom