Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
What a joke by the zebras.

Reaction Score
Is it possible to pick up a technical in football? Can Weist please kick one of the refs in the nuts on the way to the locker room.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The DL gets no push whatsoever.

Reaction Score
That's just unreal, the refs make the right call and then reverse it. We always get screwed.

Reaction Score
Other than the first or second play of the 2nd quarter we didn't run McCombs again

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Good use of timeouts on our part...a shame the defense choked against such a miserable South Florida offense but Weist seems to be much better than Pasqualoni at both motivating his players and game management.

The drops on both sides of the ball are murder. Yes, the refs suck but they're not the main reason why this game is close.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one wondering what Whitmer could be doing behind this line that has miraculously remembered how to block?
I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but we all knew the line would be better, i just wish we had waited at leeway one more game before burning TB's RS.

Reaction Score
Good use of timeouts on our part...a shame the defense choked against such a miserable South Florida offense but Weist seems to be much better than Pasqualoni at both motivating his players and game management.

The drops on both sides of the ball are murder. Yes, the refs suck but they're not the main reason why this game is close.

I do think the replay both is responsible for the game being so close. If they run a reply, no TD for USF.

Reaction Score
Nah, that was a fumble.

The QB was a fumble.

I guarantee you that Freind's knee was down with possession of the ball. I rewound it. Knee down. Possession. He lost it as he was going down to the ground.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Am I the only one wondering what Whitmer could be doing behind this line miraculously had remembered how to block?
I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but we all knew the line would be better, i just wish we had waited at leeway one more game before burning TB's RS.

I'm not gonna blast you as our O-Line has looked better but to say it's learned how to protect the QB is a massive overstatement. Boyle has not had tons of time back there. He's just more comfortable with rolling out it seems than Whitmer was. If our WR can learn how to catch this game would be completely different. Foxx was wide open and missed that catch and Parker had the ball hit his hands in the endzone. Boyle looks like he will be good but the O-Line is no where near fixed in regards to QB protection. Run blocking does look improved.

Reaction Score
I'm not gonna blast you as our O-Line has looked better but to say it's learned how to protect the QB is a massive overstatement. Boyle has not had tons of time back there. He's just more comfortable with rolling out it seems than Whitmer was. If our WR can learn how to catch this game would be completely different. Foxx was wide open and missed that catch and Parker had the ball hit his hands in the endzone. Boyle looks like he will be good but the O-Line is no where near fixed in regards to QB protection. Run blocking does look improved.

You make good points. But i disagree on the Foxx drop. That one is on Boyle. Absolutely no touch on that throw. You have a guy wide open deep, you have to put some touch on it. Throwing a line drive like that turns it into an unnecessarily extremely difficult diving catch. He's young, though, he'll learn.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
You make good points. But i disagree on the Foxx drop. That one is on Boyle. Absolutely no touch on that throw. You have a guy wide open deep, you have to put some touch on it. Throwing a line drive like that turns it into an unnecessarily extremely difficult diving catch. He's young, though, he'll learn.

That's fair as Foxx didn't have a defender within 5 yards of him. I don't remember though if Foxx stopped running as someone said they thought he did. Anyway, there's going to be some disconnect at first since Boyle has only had 2 weeks to work with the 1st team receivers. Thankfully USF is terrible so we're still in it.

Reaction Score
That's fair as Foxx didn't have a defender within 5 yards of him. I don't remember though if Foxx stopped running as someone said they thought he did. Anyway, there's going to be some disconnect at first since Boyle has only had 2 weeks to work with the 1st team receivers. Thankfully USF is terrible so we're still in it.

wow, it's really nice to agree amicably with someone on here for a change......... all this newfound optimism is great!

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
It's now time for TJ to differentiate himself from PP. For the past 2 and a half years PP has been notorious for ZERO 2nd half adjustments. Let's see if TJ changes that and we see a team ready to win come out to start the 2nd half.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If they convert a 3rd and 26, I want Hughes shot at midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom