Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shabazz had a great half on the offensive end scoring and distributing, Boat was very solid as well. Should be a lot closer than it is we've had some very stupid turnovers that cost us at the end of the half. Hope to see Oriakhi play over Drummond in the 2nd half, Andre really has been taking some very low percentage shots against the zone, not playing with his head at all. Like what i saw for the most part, Cuse shot the lights out and were still in it. Cut the turnovers down and we can make this very interesting.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think we are playing about as well as can be expected and we're still down by 9 at the half. Three observations, if Giffey won't take a wide open 3 he has no business on the floor, Lamb continues to pass up wide open shots in rythmn and instead makes bad passes or puts it on the floor into traffic, and lastly, Fab Melo looks like a tall, skinnier version of Ol' Dirty Bastard.

H

huskymagic

Our team is better and has more potential than Syracuse. Syracuse is shooting lights out and we were still right there before the last miserable 2 minutes to end the half. I like what I see from everyone not named lamb today, he is just playing scared and awful out there. If he doesnt play well and score we wont be able to win these types of games all year long.

Reaction Score
If we play this way next week, we might beat DePaul. Decent first half from Bazz. Gotta stop the three though.

Reaction Score
Now that was the real curse of the 'Scoe, allowing Roscoe to keep exhibiting his frighteningly low basketball IQ. His dumb turnovers and lack of offense really hurt the team at the end of the half. Couple that with Lamb playing like a frightened 5 year old girl and Syracuse/Melo shooting out their ass, and you don't have a recipe for a particularly good half. We actually played the best we have in a while, and really need a bit of luck/momentum/Lamb to start the second half. At least we're still in it. Let's make a run and shut the crowd up.

Reaction Score
Ill give props to Napier as he is playing well. The reason why we are down is because of Lamb today not Roscoe or anybody else. He is supposed to be our best player and is playing like crap. He is scared to take a shot and doesn't have any confidence. He moves like inspector gadget out there and doesnt demand the ball. Step up your game or go home Lamb. Even Napier threw the ball at him telling him take the frickin wide open three that he had. Lamb is pissing me off.

magicman get off your high horse. Jeremy is not playing well but he's okay. Roscoe was dreadful as was Andre. If either played decent we'd be at least tied. Alex got screwed on his 2nd foul, his first was dumb on the charge. Andre's first trying to take a charge was again, really immature. Cuse is playing out of their respeective a**es and it happens. Joseph is playing as well as he can and Fab making jumpers is just pure unfortunate luck. Even his layup was blocked in by Alex.

The truth is Roscoe let up 2 FT's a dunk on an alley oop, traveled, threw a pass ahead of the court to Waiters and missed a jumper. If you can't do anything with it at the post you can't play vs Cuse. Andre threw 2 awful passes, missed 3 opps for weasy dunks instead trying to be nice and made stupid fouls. These 2 players are the key to them coming back, either both playing better or staying out of the lineup. The guards were great, Boat and Bazz both. Problem is Boeheims adjustments will be simple - it will be more of a 3-2 with them keying on the guards knowing thats the only way we can score. They will make the bigs make plays and they can't - or at least they better!!

Reaction Score
Our team is better and has more potential than Syracuse. Syracuse is shooting lights out and we were still right there before the last miserable 2 minutes to end the half. I like what I see from everyone not named lamb today, he is just playing scared and awful out there. If he doesnt play well and score we wont be able to win these types of games all year long.

we're better than 'cuse? not so sure about that.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Here we go again. Down by double digits again early in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
I really dont see why Drummond plays

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Drummond takes so many weak tentative shots.

Reaction Score
Drummond has been very weak on the offensive end this game, hasn't tried to dunk everything. He needs to much tougher to play in this league.

Reaction Score
Should have been another foul on Fabulous Melo

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
two in a row! drummond should try to dunk every time he has the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom