Game Thread: UConn-Marquette | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game Thread: UConn-Marquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This announcing team are homers to the max! I know a lot of people say MPC and Bob are homers. But I don't recall hearing Meghan ever say when a UConn player is taking three foul shots where there doesn't appear to have been a foul "this will work", or audibly grunt and say "oh come on" when Marquette misses a shot. And she just did it again!!!!

They are painful to listen to.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I do not understand the posts being on the bench. If you are upset with Kiah and Stef put Buck in we need the strength on the boards.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I do not understand the posts being on the bench.
Seriously...if you want to send them a message, get Buck in there. At least she'd stop all of these offensive rebounds MArquette has been getting.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Re: the announcers, did anyone note the woman's excitement when noting St John's beat UConn and MU beat St John's?

LOL, love the groan when the MU player fouled.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This announcing team are homers to the max! I know a lot of people say MPC and Bob are homers. But I don't recall hearing Meghan ever say when a UConn player is taking three foul shots where there doesn't appear to have been a foul "this will work", or audibly grunt and say "oh come on" when Marquette misses a shot. And she just did it again!!!!

They are painful to listen to.
And you missed her gosh darn it. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Still out there ! :cool:
Something is going on. No posts on the floor, we are being out scored 11-2 on second chance points. I, usually, understand Geno but I don't get this.

Reaction Score
I do not understand the posts being on the bench. If you are upset with Kiah and Stef put Buck in we need the strength on the boards.
I suspect that Geno is trying different combinations to see how they'll function in upcoming games as well as trying to win this game.

Reaction Score

in 16 years I have defended Geno buy get rid of that stubborness and play a big girl We get your point

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
When I see people sitting, the first thing I ask is: what did they just do? When they don't return, I ask: How's their health? (For instance, Pepperdine (iirc) had to reschedule a game 'cause all of their players were sick)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Seriously...if you want to send them a message, get Buck in there. At least she'd stop all of these offensive rebounds MArquette has been getting.
Definitely. Plus we have only 2 fast break points because we aren't getting the ball out on the break.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
One really bright spot: KML is playing like a young woman possessed.

I don't care if she has a bad game or two at some point over the course of the rest of the season- she is the damn truth.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
If he was going short and losing, I could understand being upset. But UConn is winning -- even though it's ugly. Banks is getting playing time. If not for UConn's poor shooting, we'd be up by 25. I say not a big deal.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Could this be the plan that Geno has for ND, play a small lineup for most of the game. If it is, I sure hope not.

I suspect he wants to keep in front of the ND guards in hopes that he'll stop their dribble drive to the basket which allows ND to live at the free throw line.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Okay...Geno wasn't happy with the play of Dolson and Stokes in the first half...so, why not play Buck...unless Geno for some reason decided that small ball gives him a tactical advantage...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If he was going short and losing, I could understand being upset. But UConn is winning -- even though it's ugly. Banks is getting playing time. If not for UConn's poor shooting, we'd be up by 25. I say not a big deal.
Except that it is only Marquette's really poor shooting, 18%, that has us in the lead.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Maybe this is a Geno 'Rope-A-Dope' strategy for Notre Dame. :)

Reaction Score
Geno obviously upset with both Stef and Kiah...in the meantime, those dumb homie announcers are making a big deal about the number of UM offensive rebounds....duh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom