Game Thread: UCONN/L'ville | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Game Thread: UCONN/L'ville

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
BTW anyone want to discuss whether or not KML is rusty after being out with her elbow injury AND mono? Seems NOT!!
She looks great. And I really think that some of the complaints about her conditioning earlier this year were due to her mono, even if it was undiagnosed. She probably had it for a few weeks before they realized it. What a tough kid.

U

UCONNfan1

I will say - horrible shooting game from Bria today. I get she's supposed to shoot when open, but maybe they are leaving her open cuz she's missing most of her shots. Maybe try getting a better shot from another player?

Reaction Score
I don't want to be nervous any more. Can we get this lead up to 20. PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!

Don't make me take a Xanax....

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
That's the second time the picking LV player knocks a UConn defender into the ball handler. .... can't Dee see that. (Forget I even asked.)

She's too busy looking for the carry call.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
UC "dancing" a little more slowly, killing more clock on most possessions. UL is pressuring the ball at the arc, may open up a driving lane for Huskies.

Reaction Score
Honestly, this is the ugliest half of basketball I have seen all season. This is more brutal than the old Villanova game days.

U

UCONNfan1

The problem for L'ville, or any team who plays UCONN, is that it's totally possible for another really good team to play UCONN evenly for about 32 minutes per game. The problem comes, like in the first half, when UCONN held L'ville scoreless for a 5 minute stretch. All it takes is for one poorly played 4 minute stretch, and your team is done for.

I think it's hard to realize how much pressure that puts on opposing teams. It's interesting when fans talk about it taking an A+ game from the other team to beat UCONN because on most days UCONN never plays below an A- for an entire game. It also highlights what happens when UCONN never takes a play off, never stops hustling and playing with 100% intensity. No other team in the nation can do that, which is one thing I think really sets UCONN apart...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I will say - horrible shooting game from Bria today. I get she's supposed to shoot when open, but maybe they are leaving her open cuz she's missing most of her shots. Maybe try getting a better shot from another player?

No one is shooting for a good percentage tonight except for KML and Gibbs.

U

UCONNfan1

Honestly, this is the ugliest half of basketball I have seen all season. This is more brutal than the old Villanova game days.
Right? UCONN scored 42 in the first half and 13 with 6 minutes left in the 2nd half? Fortunately L'ville no better...

Reaction Score
Anyone else absolutely love how Louisville is the team draining the clock down 14 with 6 minutes to go.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone else absolutely love how Louisville is the team draining the clock down 14 with 6 minutes to go.

Noticed that myself - I love the strategy from the UCONN point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits