Game Thread: UCONN/L'ville | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Game Thread: UCONN/L'ville

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
That crowd did not have a very high basketball IQ. One could say they did not comport themselves well.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I like Jeff's shirt. Of course I only wear black.

You might try showing up in the pulpit in one of Jeff's shirts. Bet you would get their attention!

U

UCONNfan1

What is this rabbit out of a hat? This is the 2nd game it's been hinted that Walz is "holding back" some tricks.
I think it would be hog-tying Stewie and leaving her in the locker room. That's about the only trick he could play that could slow UCONN down. Seriously, sometimes the announcers are complete idiots. Like he doesn't want to win the game on senior night in front of 22,000 screaming fans?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think it would be hog-tying Stewie and leaving her in the locker room. That's about the only trick he could play that could slow UCONN down. Seriously, sometimes the announcers are complete idiots. Like he doesn't want to win the game on senior night in front of 22,000 screaming fans?
This was great practice for UCONN. Huge hostile crowd on the road is great practice for the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Kinda what I was thinking. I doubt he's OK with losing 3 times as long as he gets that 4th crack at UConn where he will definitely for sure positively no doubt pull out all the stops to win the game.

Reaction Score
It was great seeing Mosqueda-Lewis playing confidently tonight. Great time of year for the shooter to get her touch back. Kaleena loves burying those dagger 3s against Louisville, and how about Jefferson's 3-point shooting the last few weeks? Of the starting five, there is no one you can sag off which is what makes them so dangerous right now. Also thought Kiah played great again tonight.

Reaction Score
Gotta love these women. What other team can go on the road into a sold out hostile environment and play a complete game against the #3 team in the country. I know if LV were playing USF or SMU there would probably only have been 7,000 or so for senior night! That was by far the most physical game I have seen played this season, Cudos to Uconn for not loosing their composure and lowering them selves to the cards cheap and physical level of play.

Reaction Score
I do not want to see UConn in Louisville's bracket. The Huskies need to go to Lincoln and keep Notre Dame in the other half. Two undefeated teams meeting in the championship game would be incomparable to anything that's ever happened before, an epic battle of The Titans.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, if UConn does end up meeting the Irish in the NC, ND now knows a third way to get fouls on Huskies besides diving and flopping because of how MoJeff fouled out. They can just run into each other. Expect to see Achonwa and McBride practicing this maneuver on each other in their next few games.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, if UConn does end up meeting the Irish in the NC, ND now knows a third way to get fouls on Huskies besides diving and flopping because of how MoJeff fouled out. They can just run into each other. Expect to see Achonwa and McBride practicing this maneuver on each other in their next few games.
Hey it almost worked for Baylor. Kind of ridiculous that a team can make it their strategy to foul as much as possible because the refs won't/can't call them all. That really hurts a team like UConn that does not foul much, because everyone one of theirs will be called.

Reaction Score
22,14,4,2 even with all the pushing ,and shoving Stewie had a decent stat line, got better as the game wore on. It might be a good idea for Jeff next game to try to have his team not play that style, it seems to get Stewie riled up.

Reaction Score
I know if LV were playing USF or SMU there would probably only have been 7,000 or so for senior night!
False. The previous 3 seasons averaged close to 10,000 for senior night. There was just more excitement this year due to Shoni and all the different tribes that came in and a battle between two top 3 teams. Rutgers was here last week and we had over 14,000 for that one too. We're not fans that only show up in droves for UCONN.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, not at all. Another 12,900 above the Louisville average 2013 attendance of 9358 just happened to stumble in for the game and help set a record.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
One stat you definitely want to shy away from if you're going to go after Louisville is attendance, since they are 3rd in the country after last night's game behind only herd'em-in UTenn and Iowa State at 9,127. UConn is 4th at 8,773.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom