Game day should be there Nov 19, 2016 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game day should be there Nov 19, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tusky said:
Gameday has been to BC several times, regardless of the tailgating scene. No way this game is on Gameday in 2016, since it's the first game in the series, under the radar, and both teams should be just-taking-a-step-forward. Now if UConn and BC do well in 2016 AND both are winning in 2017...
Blow me

Reaction Score
I cannot think of a worse tailgating atmosphere than BC. Better atmosphere at a Trinity - Williams game.
It's really not terrible. Not ideal, and has its pitfalls, but I've seen far worse. Really the only issue is space and ease of access.

Reaction Score
That's the advantage of an on campus stadium if you're a student. I tailgated in the "mods apartments" once and had a pretty good time.
Yeah, I've not met one person who goes or went to BC who didn't like the atmosphere for students on gameday.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's really not terrible. Not ideal, and has its pitfalls, but I've seen far worse. Really the only issue is space and ease of access.

Oh, is that it?

Husky25

Reaction Score
Well, little space to tailgate and being difficult to access by car/van/RV is a rather big problem for a sizeable segment of fans.

That's the point. You said tailgating at BC is not terrible. Not having space and being difficult to access is a rather large part of the very definition of a terrible tailgate in my view.

Reaction Score
That's the point. You said tailgating at BC is not terrible. Not having space and being difficult to access is a rather large part of the very definition of a terrible tailgate in my view.
It has improved a bit since the last visit by Uconn. They now sell parking passes by the game. The lot is a non-tailgating lot on the old seminary and it is about a mile walk up to the stadium. I think it is about $50. Once you hit campus, you can open beers. Also some open tailgating spots (grill and beer) on the old seminary as well close to Comm Ave. The baseball field/Shea field lot has changed since the last time too as you have a finite number of guests and need a wristband for access. Taking the T from Riverside also works with about a 1.2 mile walk from the Chestnut Hill stop to campus.

Think Uconn Alumni Club/Association or whatever it is called now will have an event available?

Reaction Score
Has there been an official announcement from either school yet? I'd wait for the ink to dry before I'd worry about tailgating.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Ok so to sum this up.......We NEED someone to rent out a bar for us. Ok, good, check. Who's on it?

Husky25

Reaction Score
It has improved a bit since the last visit by Uconn. They now sell parking passes by the game. The lot is a non-tailgating lot on the old seminary and it is about a mile walk up to the stadium. I think it is about $50. Once you hit campus, you can open beers. Also some open tailgating spots (grill and beer) on the old seminary as well close to Comm Ave. The baseball field/Shea field lot has changed since the last time too as you have a finite number of guests and need a wristband for access. Taking the T from Riverside also works with about a 1.2 mile walk from the Chestnut Hill stop to campus.

Think Uconn Alumni Club/Association or whatever it is called now will have an event available?
Improved =/= good. It's just a lesser degree of suckitude. It occurs to me that if I go (and I probably will.), I will probably take the T from Riverside to Reservoir or something and just go to the game. Maybe I'll bring a cocktail or four for the train and walk around the reservoir and if a bar takeover manifests itself I'll contribute, but I do not expect any real cost-beneficial tailgating opportunity like the one UConn fans are used to 6 or 7 times a year, or the experience that was afforded to fans for the Mieneke Bowl or in Ann Arbor. I foresee less a Patriots and more a Red Sox pregame type experience, which is fine, but a football gameday stadium experience has always included tailgating for me.

Reaction Score
But it's not for everyone. Student tailgating, and tailgating for those who live nearby, or those who can get a spot, is decent. I've heard rave reviews from students I knew down there of what football gamedays are like. I've seen it with my own eyes too, there are enormous tailgates the students set up outside their dorms and apartments. Therefore on the whole it's not terrible. Not the best at all, but not atrocious.

DrG

Reaction Score
My recommendation from personal experience: Fill a disposable Styrofoam cooler with beer and ice, take the T to the campus, find a reasonable spot on campus where you can mingle with BC tailgaters (not Shea Field), finish the beer and toss the cooler. If you're well behaved, nobody will bother you.

Reaction Score
brasssbonanzaa said:
But it's not for everyone. Student tailgating, and tailgating for those who live nearby, or those who can get a spot, is decent. I've heard rave reviews from students I knew down there of what football gamedays are like. I've seen it with my own eyes too, there are enormous tailgates the students set up outside their dorms and apartments. Therefore on the whole it's not terrible. Not the best at all, but not atrocious.

It's horrible, really. I have been to a ton of college stadiums and BC has by far the worst atmosphere. And I have tailgated at BC many times, with students (my brother went there) too. Just not lively at all. And yes, space is one of the reasons it is horrid. Just a poor set up.

Reaction Score
After we get in the B1G we may have to buy out the series for conference games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom