Game day should be there Nov 19, 2016 | The Boneyard

Game day should be there Nov 19, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
my prediction is ESPN and game day will be covering this historic moment if both teams are playing well, and have winning records.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Anything is possible. When my brother played football at Amherst College college gameday came to Amherst/Williams.

Reaction Score
The only way Gameday is there will be if that's a ACC league game..and we all know that isn't happening.

Reaction Score
Des & Joe D. should confer to get their facts straight. Des' article says that UConn & BCU will be Nov. 19, 2016 with the return date Nov. 18, 2017. Yesterday, on WTIC Sportstalk, Joe D. refuted a caller who made that observation by saying that his sources said that the game will be in September on the date formerly scheduled as the UMass game. He did, however, say that he hadn't gotten any confirmation from "official" sources.

Reaction Score
Just a curiosity question: Now that this game is being scheduled, will the board be infested by postings by any of the incarnations of "CHIP". We haven't seen any postings from that delusional soul in eons.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Des & Joe D. should confer to get their facts straight. Des' article says that UConn & BCU will be Nov. 19, 2016 with the return date Nov. 18, 2017. Yesterday, on WTIC Sportstalk, Joe D. refuted a caller who made that observation by saying that his sources said that the game will be in September on the date formerly scheduled as the UMass game. He did, however, say that he hadn't gotten any confirmation from "official" sources.

Lazy. He also shot down the first caller to their show that mentioned the games at all, going as far as to jab at the number of twitter followers in play. He didn't do his own homework, was caught off guard, and sniped.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Lazy. He also shot down the first caller to their show that mentioned the games at all, going as far as to jab at the number of twitter followers in play. He didn't do his own homework, was caught off guard, and sniped.
Just signed in to say that Joe D is an unmitigated asshat. His contempt for pretty much every sports fan shines through on the sportstalk show. And he sucks at football play-by-play, to boot.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Oh, and that OP is insane. Nobody outside of New England gives a rat's ass about this game.

Reaction Score
So I assume you looked at the schedule and every SEC, B1G, ACC, Pac12 and B12 teams will have the week off.

Reactions: TKs
Reaction Score
Oh, and that OP is insane. Nobody outside of New England gives a rat's ass about this game.
My guess is very few in NE even care about this game. This board seems to care the most.

November games kind of guaranty that neither game will bring a lot of casual fans. Mix in cold with likely weak record of at least 1 team (BC has no offense and their games are as boring as watching grass grow), attendance will be okay, but nowhere near sell outs. If both teams have suprisingly great records, then maybe you get a better gate.

And as far as game day goes, a venue in New England, between two schools with the smallest of fan bases in the country, versus major SEC, PAC or B1G match ups near the end of the season when playoff spots are starting to be on the line? Son, please pass me some of those brownies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I hope Diaco makes up some kinda rivalry trophy for this game too... Thinking a "Battle for New England" trophy or something. Maybe its a giant thing of granite thats in the shape of the New England states?

Reaction Score
Only way Gameday is hear is if the FAA has grounded flights nationwide.

Reaction Score
I hope Diaco makes up some kinda rivalry trophy for this game too... Thinking a "Battle for New England" trophy or something. Maybe its a giant thing of granite thats in the shape of the New England states?
I think you are allowed only 1 made up trophy per head coaching gig. I think it is in the bylaws. So Diaco has his one in place with UCF.

And you need to include UMass in the trophy too even though all 3 schools will not be playing every year. This is not a 2 team series. Its a threesome.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

If Crazy Bob does this, it will show that he gets us, the UConn fan.

The UCF trophy was for the players. To focus them.

The BCU trophy would be a signal he wants the fans to buy in the way they did when he came to East Hartford that night with VA.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Speaking of trophies. Does anyone know the significance of the wooden table leg that the players carry out of the tunnel at The Rent? I keep forgetting to ask.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
When I was in school my roommate's dad had season tix to BC football (they had them for years) and I went to a couple games with them.

It really is a sad scene. We were able to tailgate because they had a hookup through the tickets, but the sheer size of the tailgate was pathetic by Rentschler standards.

When UConn played BC in 2004 we went up there without his dad's tickets and were basically harassed and chased around Alumni Stadium by campus security for 90 minutes before kickoff.

It really is a terrible tailgating environment.

Reaction Score

Somebody mentioned "Colonial Cup" in another thread. Sounds pretty legit to me.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think you are allowed only 1 made up trophy per head coaching gig. I think it is in the bylaws. So Diaco has his one in place with UCF.

And you need to include UMass in the trophy too even though all 3 schools will not be playing every year. This is not a 2 team series. Its a threesome.
Crazy Bob is allowed one per personality so we have a little room to maneuver here.

Reaction Score
I read that and I honestly just feel sad for BC now... Haha. What a terrible place to play college football.
Tailgating isn't good - though if you're a student it is, not sure where the comments about the student atmosphere being bad come from - but other than that the environment is decent. The whole campus gets involved which is nice. If you live on or near campus it can be a fun time, if you're from farther away, it's pretty annoying. A good amount of why they can't do more (build more lots, paths to get to the games, tailgate longer, etc.) there has to do with the NIMBYs of Brookline, Newton, and Allston/Brighton. It's a problem every college up here shares - the locals hate that they live near universities. Yet they all decided to move into houses near universities....

Reaction Score
Tailgating isn't good - though if you're a student it is, not sure where the comments about the student atmosphere being bad come from - but other than that the environment is decent. The whole campus gets involved which is nice. If you live on or near campus it can be a fun time, if you're from farther away, it's pretty annoying. A good amount of why they can't do more (build more lots, paths to get to the games, tailgate longer, etc.) there has to do with the NIMBYs of Brookline, Newton, and Allston/Brighton. It's a problem every college up here shares - the locals hate that they live near universities. Yet they all decided to move into houses near universities....
That's the advantage of an on campus stadium if you're a student. I tailgated in the "mods apartments" once and had a pretty good time.

Reaction Score

Gameday has been to BC several times, regardless of the tailgating scene. No way this game is on Gameday in 2016, since it's the first game in the series, under the radar, and both teams should be just-taking-a-step-forward.

Now if UConn and BC do well in 2016 AND both are winning in 2017...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom