Gabby Williams........OMG!!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gabby Williams........OMG!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
GABBY, just think!!!! If Gabby was an average high school BB player, what did Geno & staff see to recruit her. I believe this is the GENIUS of GENO.
She is joy to see playing BB.
She was not considered average, but with her injuries her development was really stunted the last two years of HS and her rating dropped only a little.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'm prone to take things literally and am probably a bit over the top. I should take a chill pill (or two) because why wouldn't there be so many people here enthused about how Gabby played, how Napheesa played, how solid and steady Saniya is and I somehow get myself to neutralizing some of this great enthusiasm. Maybe I should change my name from Buzzyboy to Doctor Killjoy! I'll try and improve my outlook but I hope you and the other Boneyarders know that I love this program and these girls and this staff and what a legacy they have created in Storrs Connecticut. In any case, GO HUSKIES!
This board is also very different from most sports boards which are covered with harsh criticisms that nobody even notices. There is a very protective feeling towards individual players and the team that is collective, and sometimes feels like a bed of cotton wool, wide and very deep and cushioning. :)

It is actually pretty refreshing, and it extends outward towards other team's players and even coaches. It gets thinner and narrower as it goes until it reaches the edges of the state of TN when it seems to be replaced by a bed of nails! :eek:

Criticism is acceptable as long as it is 'constructive' - 'I wish she was better at _______' works, but it is even better if phrased 'I love the way she _____, just wish she were better at ______'. The bald, 'She stinks at _____' will get you banned! :rolleyes:

One thing I really like is the Mods try to police the derogatory name calling - sometimes a little cute, but often just mean.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Gabby is clearly playing tremendously and with great force but I am a little concerned how she may fit in to the WNBA (or other top-tier professional leagues). It seems at her size, continuously fighting among the trees may be too much to ask (especially in these foreign leagues which have the reputation of being physically tough) and can potentially affect her long term career based on old knee issues and more recent soft-tissue issues)

I hope that Geno will try groom her a little (during conference play ??) to play some more guard which seems to me the position she would dominate in a pro-league. I think her passing is more than good enough and maybe her handle ? but
clearly some more work on jumpers to the 3pt line would be needed (she clearly has improved up to the elbow)

I also see this as very helpful in keeping Gabby on the floor in her senior year (50 - 50 split between guard / forward ?)
when Batouly and Azure come on board.

While this may cut a little into Crystal Dangerfield, it is only for one year and she will ultimetely take the PG reigns for 2+ years.

Would love feedback that reinforces that I am a worry wart and that everything will work out great. :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gabby is clearly playing tremendously and with great force but I am a little concerned how she may fit in to the WNBA (or other top-tier professional leagues). It seems at her size, continuously fighting among the trees may be too much to ask (especially in these foreign leagues which have the reputation of being physically tough) and can potentially affect her long term career based on old knee issues and more recent soft-tissue issues)

I hope that Geno will try groom her a little (during conference play ??) to play some more guard which seems to me the position she would dominate in a pro-league. I think her passing is more than good enough and maybe her handle ? but
clearly some more work on jumpers to the 3pt line would be needed (she clearly has improved up to the elbow)

I also see this as very helpful in keeping Gabby on the floor in her senior year (50 - 50 split between guard / forward ?)
when Batouly and Azure come on board.

While this may cut a little into Crystal Dangerfield, it is only for one year and she will ultimetely take the PG reigns for 2+ years.

Would love feedback that reinforces that I am a worry wart and that everything will work out great. :rolleyes:

Gabby worked this summer on the intermediate and 3 game and we have had glimpses of it. She's a very thoughtful person and she knows the tea leaves tell her to keep it up.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I love to toot my horn but I called this in her freshman year, Gabby immediately showed that she was an elite athlete. She showed hands, footwork and great hops!! This kind of athleticism is rare in the womens game. Gabby can do this every night against any opponent if she wants to.

You were far from the only one to recognize Gabby's gifts and her future greatness. It was pretty much self evident. Only the nay-bobs thought anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom