Gabby continues to impress | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gabby continues to impress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are not too many players more entertaining to watch in a game than Gabby. She does have a real scoring talent, got a real quick jumping ability and her determination is impressive.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I'm hoping she can expand her game - sort of like Barb Turner - an undersized post player who by her senior year was able to step out and drain the 3 (I think she hit her most famous one in a very close game in the NCAA's vs. Georgia to give UCONN the win).

In fact if I had to compare Gabby to anyone, it would be Turner - similar size, similar strength and athleticism, and both started as freshmen in the post. By the way, in that Georgia game, Turner had 31 points in a heroic effort. I think Gabby has that kind of upside, and almost unlimited potential...
Barb Turner had a 6'5" heart in a 5'10" body! Nobody played harder or bigger than her. She was a never say die real gem!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Gabby & Saniya's play, and obviously Stoke's play, really make me feel more confident about So Car and a possible 10th this year. Gabbie has come the farthest in a short time. She is such a nightmare to match up against- she really changes the dynamics of the game!!! When she gets with the program a bit more- watch out!!!
And she accomplishes what she sets out to do. So if she wants to play guard or play outside more, it would only be a plus for us if she's willing to do what's necessary to make it happen! She is fun to watch- those great hands snaring rebounds!

Reaction Score
Front court: Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck, Gabby Williams, Natalie Butler, Napheesa Collier, De'Janae Boykin

Back court: Moriah Jefferson, Kia Nurse, Saniya Chong, Courtney Ekmark, Katie Lou Samuelson

Unless you consider Katie Lou a small forward, which she could play, it looks pretty balanced to me. Gabby and Katie Lou will probably swing from guard to small forward.

Reaction Score
Front court: Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck, Gabby Williams, Natalie Butler, Napheesa Collier, De'Janae Boykin

Back court: Moriah Jefferson, Kia Nurse, Saniya Chong, Courtney Ekmark, Katie Lou Samuelson

Unless you consider Katie Lou a small forward, which she could play, it looks pretty balanced to me. Gabby and Katie Lou will probably swing from guard to small forward.
KLS is not a guard. Eckmark probably not either.

Reaction Score
I think she jumped 6'2". Women's world record is 2.09 meters, which is roughly 6' 10-1/4". But no one has jumped this high in 28 years. The world record holder (Stefka Kostadinova) was also 5'11".
If Gabby just must do high jump competition, we will have to live with it, but such talk concerns me. Basketball alone might put enough stress on those precious knees and legs. Aiming for an Olympic gold medal or two in basketball might be a better goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom