FYI | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Carl,

How do you feel about Parks and Rec potentially not being renewed? I think it is LITERALLY the worst decision NBC could have made, but I'd like to know your feelings in 500 words or more...

Since they renewed P&R for an entire season almost a week ago I miss the point here.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
i hope they bring back the red, white and blue channels. that was awesome:confused:

I hope this is the year they give team handball the exposure it deserves. Great sport, even better than lacrosse.

Reaction Score
http://www.hitfix.com/articles/tv-r...nt-debut-cant-lift-nbc-past-abc-cbs-on-monday

last night Dancing with the Stars had a better rating than America's got Talent, even with the debut of Howard Stern as a judge. it seems if we really want a competitive contract we should work with ABC to replace our uniforms with ballroom dance dresses and Tom Bergeron can do our play by play, since it's evident that he is a better draw than our current guy. the ratings of Smash were not that great, which shows us that it's live dancing people want to see, not recorded. if you like UConn football you need to follow this stuff

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
These ESPN people are something else. First it's impossible that a competiting network will be able to do anything postive. A guy like Lazarus shows up at NBC with a plan, and huge resources, and all of a sudden a sports league, that was nearly dead a few years ago, is getting it's highest ratings.....on record....ever. .....

So now, forget that, wait for the Olympics, that will really show people that ESPN is the only way to broadcast.....yeah....nobody in the WORLD wants to see the Olympics.

Funny. NBC does the Olympics the same way ESPN operates. Network, NBCS, CNBC, MSNBC and NBCU. Not exactly a regional approach with at least 5 national feeds.

NBC has done pretty well with hockey, it certainly helps them LA and NY have made runs and there are no Canadian teams.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Navy and Indiana are mentioned somewhere in this discussion BTW.

CBSsports thinks enough of the matchup to be broadcasting Indiana @ Navy from Annapolis.... live during college football primetime on Saturday October 20, 2012......at 3:30pm in the afternoon......Saturday.

But yeah - college football on Friday nights is awesome.........

Lol. On CBS Sports Network. They really think highly of it!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Read the cbs article. Pay attention to what it all means. THere's a corporate giant out there in sports who's business model doesn't fit the changing technology world, and the other corporate giants out there smell blood in the water.

If you're concerned about the future of the University of Connecticut athletic department, pay f(cking attention to what's happening in the media world.

Are you reading a different article than your link? All that says is some guy thinks hockey is good on TV and some ESPN exec thinks it's not good on TV.

I like how if you pretend that national broadcasts do well in a few cities that means its regional broadcasting. They aren't doing anything different than ESPN is with how they are covering the NHL. In fact they are doing the exact same thing. If it's a big celebration that it's a record rating - it's still lower than what ESPN 2 averaged for college football. Which includes things like Tuesday night MACtion.

Reaction Score
Are you reading a different article than your link? All that says is some guy thinks hockey is good on TV and some ESPN exec thinks it's not good on TV.

I like how if you pretend that national broadcasts do well in a few cities that means its regional broadcasting. They aren't doing anything different than ESPN is with how they are covering the NHL. In fact they are doing the exact same thing. If it's a big celebration that it's a record rating - it's still lower than what ESPN 2 averaged for college football. Which includes things like Tuesday night MACtion.

Just my opinion but Versus/nbc really elevated the production of NHL Hockey and just seems like a better broadcast. NHL will always have a ceiling of interest among sports fans, but there is an advantage to the fact that as more people have access to quality big screens hockey becomes a much more immersive experience. ESPN may just have been on the short end of that curve.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ESPN doesnt think that. That's a nice way of saying we didn't want it Once they got the NBA they had no slots to show the games. No one else thought it was worth anything either as their first deal w NBC was $0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom