FYI | The Boneyard

FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Regional broadcasting in local primetimes.......

o NBC Sports Network was the #1 rated cable network in New York during the 7:30P-10:30 p.m. ET time period. (May 7)

o NBC Sports Network was the #1 rated cable network in Phoenix during the 7:30-9:45 p.m. PT time period. (May 7)

May 8, 2012 – NBC Sports' coverage of Saturday’s Kentucky Derby drew 14.8 million viewers, the third most-watched Kentucky Derby in 23 years,

TOP METERED MARKETS FOR 2012 KENTUCKY DERBY

1. Louisville, 31.7/59
2. Cincinnati, 18.3/37
3. Ft. Myers, 17.0/31
T4. Hartford, 13.4/26

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/

Check it out.

Reaction Score
Regional broadcasting in local primetimes.......

o NBC Sports Network was the #1 rated cable network in New York during the 7:30P-10:30 p.m. ET time period. (May 7)

o NBC Sports Network was the #1 rated cable network in Phoenix during the 7:30-9:45 p.m. PT time period. (May 7)

May 8, 2012 – NBC Sports' coverage of Saturday’s Kentucky Derby drew 14.8 million viewers, the third most-watched Kentucky Derby in 23 years,

TOP METERED MARKETS FOR 2012 KENTUCKY DERBY

1. Louisville, 31.7/59
2. Cincinnati, 18.3/37
3. Ft. Myers, 17.0/31
T4. Hartford, 13.4/26

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/

Check it out.

Wow. You proved that a Rangers playoff game can outdraw the Real Housewives in New York, and that a Coyotes playoff game can outdraw Rachel Madow in Phoenix.

Wow. That changes everything.

Reaction Score
I just see a sports broadcasting network that nobody said had a chance of doing anything..... showing up as the top rated cable network during primetime weeknight hours in two pretty big media markets. I'm assuming that includes every cable network out there........

I also have no idea what the other part means, but I see that 14.8 million people watched a horse race on that same network, which is more than in 17 of the past 20 years for the same event, and the top 4 drawing markets for it - also happen to be very close to 5 of the football playing regions of the Big EAst conference.........if you consider the Ft. Myers, FL area to have anything to do with Tampa and Orlando........

What does it prove? Nothing. I wasn't trying to prove anything. That's why it's an FYI.

Lawyers.....sheesh.

Reaction Score
I just see a sports broadcasting network that nobody said had a chance of doing anything..... showing up as the top rated cable network during primetime weeknight hours in two pretty big media markets. I'm assuming that includes every cable network out there........

I also have no idea what the other part means, but I see that 14.8 million people watched a horse race on that same network, which is more than in 17 of the past 20 years for the same event, and the top 4 drawing markets for it - also happen to be very close to 5 of the football playing regions of the Big EAst conference.........if you consider the Ft. Myers, FL area to have anything to do with Tampa and Orlando........

What does it prove? Nothing. I wasn't trying to prove anything. That's why it's an FYI.

Lawyers.....sheesh.
The Kentucky Derby was on NBC, you mope, not NBC Sports. Markets that watch the Derby have absolutely nothing to do with college football. Of course the top markets are going to be Louisville and Cincinnati, the state of Kentucky lives and breathes horseracing! And Fort Myers is where all of the old people who bet on the race are watching! There's no reason to make the argument in the first place.

Reaction Score
The Kentucky Derby was on NBC, you mope, not NBC Sports. Markets that watch the Derby have absolutely nothing to do with college football. Of course the top markets are going to be Louisville and Cincinnati, the state of Kentucky lives and breathes horseracing! And Fort Myers is where all of the old people who bet on the race are watching! There's no reason to make the argument in the first place.

So you're saying building a horse track around the Rent and racing at halftime for entertainment is not being considered? Send an email to Mr. Manuel. This is a no-brainer.

Reaction Score

Boston University stopped playing football a long time ago. This is a place for fans of uconn football.

Reaction Score
Carl if NBC Sports didn't hold exclusive rights for every NHL playoff series after the first round MSG would have finished number one...seeing as how both the Rangers and the Devils are on MSG.

Reaction Score
Carl if NBC Sports didn't hold exclusive rights for every NHL playoff series after the first round MSG would have finished number one...seeing as how both the Rangers and the Devils are on MSG.
Lets Go Rangers !

Reaction Score
Carl,

How do you feel about Parks and Rec potentially not being renewed? I think it is LITERALLY the worst decision NBC could have made, but I'd like to know your feelings in 500 words or more...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Carl,

How do you feel about Parks and Rec potentially not being renewed? I think it is LITERALLY the worst decision NBC could have
made, but I'd like to know your feelings in 500 words or more...

I don't know what it refers to, but this is hysterical.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Weird how your ratings are higher when you have something people want to watch. Wait til they get their hands on Indiana and Navy.

I can't wait for someone to post NBCS' ratings for the Olympics. It's the perfect analogy to SMU and South Florida.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Kudos for a post about how great regional broadcasting is being about games that aren't being broadcast regionally. Not only are they not broadcast regionally.... CNBC has carried concurrent games - you know exactly what ESPN does that you think is so unsuccessful.

Reaction Score
Still trying to make the connection from playoff hockey and Derby ratings to the Big East and UConn.

Am I the only one?

Reaction Score
Weird how your ratings are higher when you have something people want to watch. Wait til they get their hands on Indiana and Navy.

I can't wait for someone to post NBCS' ratings for the Olympics. It's the perfect analogy to SMU and South Florida.

These ESPN people are something else. First it's impossible that a competiting network will be able to do anything postive. A guy like Lazarus shows up at NBC with a plan, and huge resources, and all of a sudden a sports league, that was nearly dead a few years ago, is getting it's highest ratings.....on record....ever. .....

So now, forget that, wait for the Olympics, that will really show people that ESPN is the only way to broadcast.....yeah....nobody in the WORLD wants to see the Olympics.

Reaction Score
i hope they bring back the red, white and blue channels. that was awesome:confused:

Reaction Score
NBC Sports Network will televise five of the [Boise St] Broncos’ games in 2012, including home games against Miami (Ohio), Sept. 15; Fresno State, Oct. 13; UNLV, Oct. 20; and Colorado State, Nov. 17. Boise State’s game at Hawaii will also air on NBC Sports Network Nov. 10.

Reaction Score
Navy and Indiana are mentioned somewhere in this discussion BTW.

CBSsports thinks enough of the matchup to be broadcasting Indiana @ Navy from Annapolis.... live during college football primetime on Saturday October 20, 2012......at 3:30pm in the afternoon......Saturday.

But yeah - college football on Friday nights is awesome.........

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
no, you're full of #$%@5 because you're continually bringing in irrellevant LOCAL ratings (philly and NY) during LOCAL events (Rangers, Devils, Flyers) and trying to tie it to NATIONAL relevance.

Unless, of course, you're implying Boise St games will draw well in Boise. That would be stupid, but an improvement, for you.

Reaction Score
Read the cbs article. Pay attention to what it all means. THere's a corporate giant out there in sports who's business model doesn't fit the changing technology world, and the other corporate giants out there smell blood in the water.

If you're concerned about the future of the University of Connecticut athletic department, pay f(cking attention to what's happening in the media world.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Read the cbs article. Pay attention to what it all means. THere's a corporate giant out there in sports who's business model doesn't fit the changing technology world, and the other corporate giants out there smell blood in the water.

If you're concerned about the future of the University of Connecticut athletic department, pay f(cking attention to what's happening in the media world.
Are you saying that the Big East is like hockey, in that ESPN "hates" it and won't cover it? But there might be life on NBC Sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom