Funniest/weirdest UConn fan story? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Funniest/weirdest UConn fan story?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
She's unbelievably attractive, I love your list. You can throw Jennifer Beals on there as well, Leighton Meester and Marion Cotillard on too.

Big Cotillard fan too.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You certainly have a type. From three different countries too. I agree with your type... and other types too.

No need to pigeonhole yourself, chuck my boy. Sound strategy.

Reaction Score
This morning, I was walking into work in the heart of midtown Atlanta and saw someone wearing a UConn sweater. I said “Go Huskies!”

This person looks me dead in the eyes, says nothing and keeps walking.

Very #onbrand.

Well done.

Reaction Score
I met up with a Boneyarder to purchase some gear that belonged to Stanley Robinson. Stanley has always been in my favorite top 3 Huskies of all time. It included his home and away warm ups plus gear from the Derby Classic. Down the road, I find out that unbeknownst to the Yarder who sold me the gear, Stanley had all these possessions stolen from him. I reached out to him so I could send the gear back to UCONN or someone who would get him these warm-ups and I end up getting blocked on social media by my favorite Husky.

It was from a storage unit that Stanley didn't realize whoever was paying his bills stopped paying. The BYer who bought it has his 1000 point ball along with his Huffman jersey and other high school and UConn memorabilia he's been searching for till this day

Reaction Score
This morning, I was walking into work in the heart of midtown Atlanta and saw someone wearing a UConn sweater. I said “Go Huskies!”

This person looks me dead in the eyes, says nothing and keeps walking.

Very #onbrand.

Well done.
That was OneTrickPony.

Reaction Score
Is he really your father? He definitely says some interesting stuff lol

EDIT: And to be clear, I wasn't bringing him up because of the story content, but because he has mentioned that he lived in Ansonia.

Him saying he lived in Ansonia is a really weird ass thing to say. Unless he’s got some secret ansonia life.

And yes I am the son and yes I’ve heard his cess pool notoriety. Just like Chief, I guess I wouldn’t want to ruin the mystique.

That being said, Gonna go hit him up for some powder....

Reaction Score
Him saying he lived in Ansonia is a really weird ass thing to say. Unless he’s got some secret ansonia life.

And yes I am the son and yes I’ve heard his cess pool notoriety. Just like Chief, I guess I wouldn’t want to ruin the mystique.

Oh man... so many questions. So many, but I don't want to ruin your father for you.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Tell him to come back! He’s a legend.

Reaction Score
The UConn women were playing in the National Championship. If they won they'd finish the season undefeated. The day before the game I told my neighbors on both sides of my property that if the women won I was going to streak around my backyard, so don't call the police. Well, the women won, and I headed for the back door wearing nothing but sneakers. As an added feature I had a pair of 5 minute sparklers - the really long, thick ones. I lit them up, held them high and started doing laps, cheering all the way. I saw the silhouette of one of my neighbors in the window of her deck slider, flicking her patio lights on and off. I continued my journey, and then happened to look down. The sparklers were so bright it was like daylight, and I was on full display. I cut across the lawn and ended my jaunt hurriedly.

The next day I got home from work and noticed that I had a message on my answering machine. I played the message, which turned out to be from my neighbor Sue - the one in the window. It simply said "Last night was was the most amazing thing that I've ever seen!"

Go Huskies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
20 years ago uconnhenry offered me a ticket to a game at the civic center. We were to meet near the ticket booth.

When I got there I saw a guy standing around and asked if he was Henry. He said yes, I introduced myself. We were early, so I offered to buy him dinner.

After dinner we headed for the gate, and I asked him for my ticket.

Wrong Henry.

Apparently I had my first blind date with a 50 year old man.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
20 years ago uconnhenry offered me a ticket to a game at the civic center. We were to meet near the ticket booth.

When I got there I saw a guy standing around and asked if he was Henry. He said yes, I introduced myself. We were early, so I offered to buy him dinner.

After dinner we headed for the gate, and I asked him for my ticket.

Wrong Henry.

Apparently I had my first blind date with a 50 year old man.

Love is love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Two years ago-- shortly after the season ended and the Enoch, Durham, Jackson transfers were announced-- I'm sitting in the Owl Shop with a few friends. It's early on a Sunday, a little after noon. The place is almost empty. We're talking about how terrible of a season it was and how concerning the transfers are. My buddy, a passionate alumnus, is killing KO. He's really getting fired up and letting him have it. This goes on for about 15 minutes before I notice out of the corner of my eye a man who had been sitting with his back to us gets up from his chair and starts walking towards the front of the bar. I look over and it's friggin Kevin Ollie. He had been sitting 15-20 feet away from us in silence while my buddy completely trashed him. He absolutely had to have heard every word we said.

He stayed there for a few more hours. A big crew of mostly younger people came in and hung out with him. No one I recognized. He was with cuddled up with some girl most of the time. We showed some respect and cut out the UConn/KO talk for the rest of our visit.

Reaction Score
Two years ago-- shortly after the season ended and the Enoch, Durham, Jackson transfers were announced-- I'm sitting in the Owl Shop with a few friends. It's early on a Sunday, a little after noon. The place is almost empty. We're talking about how terrible of a season it was and how concerning the transfers are. My buddy, a passionate alumnus, is killing KO. He's really getting fired up and letting him have it. This goes on for about 15 minutes before I notice out of the corner of my eye a man who had been sitting with his back to us gets up from his chair and starts walking towards the front of the bar. I look over and it's friggin Kevin Ollie. He had been sitting 15-20 feet away from us in silence while my buddy completely trashed him. He absolutely had to have heard every word we said.

He stayed there for a few more hours. A big crew of mostly younger people came in and hung out with him. No one I recognized. He was with cuddled up with some girl most of the time. We showed some respect and cut out the UConn/KO talk for the rest of our visit.
This explains a lot. Thank you for sharing.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

0C6D2433-47A4-46CE-9D81-48748C762AC8.gif

Reaction Score
It's 2007 and a bunch of us are in Boston watching UConn/Gonzaga at the Garden or whatever it was called then. 1st half just ended, it was good, entertaining bball. We've all been drinking so of course we and half the arena head to the bathroom. The room, if memory serves had a long curved wall with a bunch of urinals. I take one, others in our group set up shop too, including @Robertelamin. In walks a couple more of our crew who happen to see him, and they yell out "BOBBY!!!", which of course is echoed by half the drunk guys taking a piss, until the whole bathroom is yelling "BOBBY!!!" in near unison. Stupid but hilarious at the time. Still the best way to greet @Robertelamin when you see him to this day.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Oh man... so many questions. So many, but I don't want to ruin your father for you.

I've met some of the biggest jerks here, and each was a really nice guy in person. I'm not, but many don't even come close to living up to their internet persona.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom