Funniest/weirdest UConn fan story? | The Boneyard

Funniest/weirdest UConn fan story?

Reaction Score
Many, many years ago I was in NYC for the Big East semis, didn't have tickets but went over to the West Side to hang out with fans and watch the games. I end up at the Blarney Rock and start talking to UConn fans from Ansonia. These guys said they come down every year and as we get to talking they tell me you have to watch out for counterfeit tickets, they already dropped $250 on counterfeit tickets and then went right back and bought $250 tickets right after.

These guys are so excited to be in NYC for the weekend they start talking about all the blow they do and all the hookers they get. As they're talking I keep giving them updates on what time it is and how they're getting closer to tipoff. It's now officially tipoff and they're buying more shots, they're getting so drunk and so excited about all the blow they're going to do they aren't at all concerned with watching the game. We're now about to reach halftime and me and my brother are taking off to watch the second half at another bar. The guys buy us another round of shots and talk some more about hookers and blow as we walk out the door.

So each of these guys seemed to spend around $500 a piece for counterfeit tickets and real tickets, didn't watch a second of UConn basketball in the Garden, hung out at the Blarney and then holed themselves up in their hotel for the night doing blow with hookers. This was my only experience ever hanging out with people from Ansonia. I wonder if they are/were boneyarders?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Many, many years ago I was in NYC for the Big East semis, didn't have tickets but went over to the West Side to hang out with fans and watch the games. I end up at the Blarney Rock and start talking to UConn fans from Ansonia. These guys said they come down every year and as we get to talking they tell me you have to watch out for counterfeit tickets, they already dropped $250 on counterfeit tickets and then went right back and bought $250 tickets right after.

These guys are so excited to be in NYC for the weekend they start talking about all the blow they do and all the hookers they get. As they're talking I keep giving them updates on what time it is and how they're getting closer to tipoff. It's now officially tipoff and they're buying more shots, they're getting so drunk and so excited about all the blow they're going to do they aren't at all concerned with watching the game. We're now about to reach halftime and me and my brother are taking off to watch the second half at another bar. The guys buy us another round of shots and talk some more about hookers and blow as we walk out the door.

So each of these guys seemed to spend around $500 a piece for counterfeit tickets and real tickets, didn't watch a second of UConn basketball in the Garden, hung out at the Blarney and then holed themselves up in their hotel for the night doing blow with hookers. This was my only experience ever hanging out with people from Ansonia. I wonder if they are/were boneyarders?

Sorry for partying.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
This years Big East championship game (same day as KO firing), I wore my UConn sweatshirt at the game and flaunted it to every Nova and PC fan. People would look at me and ask “UConn?? What are you doing here?” Or say “Dan Hurley coming your way”.
Then as the game was in the most intense moment, 1 min left in OT, I get on the Jumbotron. I start pounding the UConn logo and literally everyone in the arena started booing me. #TheyHateUsCuzTheyAintUs

Reaction Score
Shortly after Uconn's victory over Duke in 2004 I got super drunk with a friend from Mass and another one from Maine in celebration. We left our dorm in search of a party to further the festivities as, as is the case with the typical college student, any excuse to drink is a solid excuse: Passed the exam? Drink. Failed the exam? Drink. Got a new gf or broke up with a gf? Drink and drink some more! Thirsty Thursday, snow day, team won or team lost, etc.? Guzzle it down!

Any way, he got distracted in our search for a "rager" because he thought he saw a cat and chased after it, full speed ahead! I guess he made Sonic look slow. The "cat" ran under a nearby car and temporarily out of his reach. It was at this point that I noticed what the animal really was and tried, in vain, to warn my friend. More eager by the second to pet the cute "kitty," he reached his hand under the car and soon recoiled in fright. This was no cat, it was a skunk!

My buddy narrowly avoided disaster and upon getting to our final destination said "&^*# that "cat" (air quotes and all) was almost as bad as those Blue Devils from earlier today"

"I'll drink to that" I replied with a huge grin on my face as we entered the dorm.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not so weird or amazing, but I was walking through a remote rain forest path in Australia, ended up on a bluff overlooking a gorge. Hadn't seen a person in a couple hours, but there was one dude already sitting there. He was wearing a UCONN shirt, and it turns out he was from my home town in CT. Pretty crazy when you think about it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not so weird or amazing, but I was walking through a remote rain forest path in Australia, ended up on a bluff overlooking a gorge. Hadn't seen a person in a couple hours, but there was one dude already sitting there. He was wearing a UCONN shirt, and it turns out he was from my home town in CT. Pretty crazy when you think about it.

Thats a great "how I meat my spouse" story

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

@borninansonia
@rich1122

↑ Party animals

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was in Maine with my family. I was wearing the the '99 championship hat and a woman sees it and starts talking to me about UConn. She knew the starters and subs, our record, who was injured the prior year. As we were walking away, I commented that she was wearing Tennessee gear and she said "yeah, I'm an assistant coach for the Lady Vols." Turns out it was Holly Warlick. The best part is she didn't talk about the UConn woman's team even once.

Reaction Score
1994 we were putting the finishing touches on Coach's Sports Bar when a bus pulls up and Coach and the whole team gets out to check out the place. First time I saw Ray Allen's grapefruit calves. Donyell proceeds to walk across the fresh polyurethane on the hardwood floor. Nobody said a word.

Reaction Score
This is almost the polar opposite of the cocaine hooking scalping story. We scalped BE tourney tickets at MSG back in early 90's. Got a relatively good price, maybe $70 each. Turns out the scalper had already ripped the tickets in attempt to sell them twice (or gone into game). But we managed to talk our way into arena and watched UConn win.
After the game we were lucky enough to locate the scalper and we told him that b/c he'd ripped the tickets we couldn't get in and we demanded a refund. He gave us back about .75 on the $ as I recall. We proceeded to drink our refunds to celebrate, sadly sans hookers and blow.

Reaction Score
I met up with a Boneyarder to purchase some gear that belonged to Stanley Robinson. Stanley has always been in my favorite top 3 Huskies of all time. It included his home and away warm ups plus gear from the Derby Classic. Down the road, I find out that unbeknownst to the Yarder who sold me the gear, Stanley had all these possessions stolen from him. I reached out to him so I could send the gear back to UCONN or someone who would get him these warm-ups and I end up getting blocked on social media by my favorite Husky.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I woulda asked for their tickets at the half.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I have Kemba's Red/White 12's from the Championship season. He gave them to me after the game in South Bend at Notre Dame when he was going to talk to the media. I proceeded to pass out my friends after one too many cocktails and got saran wrapped to my buddy's bed

That’s my favorite story.

A top 5 sneaker game worn by a top 5 Husky. I’d have passed out drunk too.

Reaction Score
A years back, we brought the kids up to see a game at Gampel. Since we live a few states away, we spent the night at a hotel that I picked simply due to the ability to use points. We go down to eat breakfast in the morning - and the whole men's team comes through the lobby - able to chat up a few of my favorite players at the time and Karl Hobbs for a bit. I just wish my kids had been a bit older - and able to have that same giddiness I did for the experience. At first, I couldn't understand why you would have to go offsite as a team to stay focused on an upcoming game - but then I remembered me...at that age...on campus - and totally got it.

Reaction Score
During my Junior and Senior years, I played softball during the summer with Murray Williams' two older brothers. One of his brothers had a Halloween party and I went as a flasher and had a three foot "prosthesis". Murray came in a short red dress and a wig. There's a picture somewhere of Murray standing next to me in drag holding a three footer.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Man, I'm glad I stay off the cesspool. Don't wanna know what my pops is saying over there.

That being said...Nah....way way far from it.

Is he really your father? He definitely says some interesting stuff lol

EDIT: And to be clear, I wasn't bringing him up because of the story content, but because he has mentioned that he lived in Ansonia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom