FS1 viewing numbers for BET. No surprise | The Boneyard

FS1 viewing numbers for BET. No surprise

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
With the hope and expectation that next season will see a return of fans in the stands, I can forsee SRO crowds packing arenas to get a first hand view of Paige and her teammates, particularly if UConn manages to win their 12th this season.

Paige could be the most important thing to happen to WBB, since they did away with 6 on 6 basketball (basquette).

Reaction Score
Just wondering if Paige 600000+ followers on social media have anything to do with this? " I just find out that there is so much hate for Connecticut. I think it's you." so the TV ratings should be much higher if it wasn't for Geno's haters. LOL!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As information, the highest rated WBB game ever was the 2004 UConn-TN national championship game that drew an estimated 5.6 million tv viewers. The Huskies beat the LV’s 81-67 with DT earning her 2nd straight MOP.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
297,000 viewers? That seems kind of low. I know WCBB isn't as popular as MCBB but there ARE big fans of the sport. I thought more people would have tuned in.
FS1 isn’t a great channel. The fact that UConn woman’s basketball is setting records for it is the take away.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am surprised if 300,000 people can find FS1
I am curious to see the men’s big east tournament numbers and whether Connecticut has an impact there as well.

Reaction Score
With the hope and expectation that next season will see a return of fans in the stands, I can forsee SRO crowds packing arenas to get a first hand view of Paige and her teammates, particularly if UConn manages to win their 12th this season.

Paige could be the most important thing to happen to WBB, since they did away with 6 on 6 basketball (basquette).
oldude flaunting some bona fides.

Reaction Score
I am curious to see the men’s big east tournament numbers and whether Connecticut has an impact there as well.
Have you seen what FS1 is showing for the mens tourney tonight? Pre-game, then the game, then post game!!!!!!! Think I'll boycott this and just see the reuslts tomorrow. Besides..........the womens game is more interesting since they play as a 'Team' and not as individuals wanting attention. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Have you seen what FS1 is showing for the mens tourney tonight? Pre-game, then the game, then post game!!!!!!! Think I'll boycott this and just see the reuslts tomorrow. Besides..........the womens game is more interesting since they play as a 'Team' and not as individuals wanting attention. :rolleyes:
I am still awaiting an email response from FS1 about the horrendous camera angles and none halftime analysis of the women tournament!

Reaction Score
In reality, mens game draws much attention. They get more views on YouTube. You can hardly find woman highlight with good view numbers. Paige can get quite a number of views but just cant think of any other college women.

Reaction Score
I would really hate having to just play defense without the ability to even cross half court.
My sister played 6-on-6 in high school circa 1960. I thought she was the one who crashed that format. Did they really play 6-on-6 until 1993 in Iowa? Isn't making girls play by those rules what the hippies were protesting?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My sister played 6-on-6 in high school circa 1960. I thought she was the one who crashed that format. Did they really play 6-on-6 until 1993 in Iowa? Isn't making girls play by those rules what the hippies were protesting?
I do believe that Iowa was the last holdout for 6 on 6 basketball.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Regarding Fox Sports 1: I have watched several games this year(men+women). I thought the games on Fox were great because of 2 things:

1. Great camera angles of plays on the floor

2. The announcers were good too

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
297,000 viewers? That seems kind of low. I know WCBB isn't as popular as MCBB but there ARE big fans of the sport. I thought more people would have tuned in.

Not for FS1. It was higher than the AAC finals on ESPN 2 but less than the SEC final game.

Reaction Score
Maybe if they watch SNY they would figure out how to make the games more watchable and have less viewers mute their announcers. That camera angle they used at times was instant headache.

Reaction Score
Truly what it was all about for us. And we won. Never been much recognized for it until now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom