FS1 viewing numbers for BET. No surprise | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FS1 viewing numbers for BET. No surprise

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Me too. That camera angle from courtside for 2-3 minute stretches game me a headache.
Fox did not set the camera angles, they were dictated by the Big East and COVID protocols. No cameras were allowed on the court and most likely none were allowed near any players or game officials like the scorers table, so they were limited by where they could go. Last year they had cameras at each end of the court near the baskets, plus some other courtside angles.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fox did not set the camera angles, they were dictated by the Big East and COVID protocols. No cameras were allowed on the court and most likely none were allowed near any players or game officials like the scorers table, so they were limited by where they could go. Last year they had cameras at each end of the court near the baskets, plus some other courtside angles.
They have one camera angle where they basically look at the court at the horizon (maybe 5 degree elevation?) and this angle for me is the one that gives me a headache The other angle is elevated (maybe 25 degrees) and that is a much more comfortable angle. I cannot understand why they ever use the horizon angle unless it is to give the viewers a better feel for the speed of the game but I don't need or want that.

Reaction Score
Fox used normal camera angles for most of the game. The networks have always had those angles that are poor for game action. I guess they come in useful sometimes, perhaps as a player is coming out of the game. Maybe Fox like SNY sometimes is a little slow to switch it back to the normal angle.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fox used normal camera angles for most of the game. The networks have always had those angles that are poor for game action. I guess they come in useful sometimes, perhaps as a player is coming out of the game. Maybe Fox like SNY sometimes is a little slow to switch it back to the normal angle.
I notice at the start if the game, they use that annoying angle and then a little into the game, they use the normal angle almost all the time.

Reaction Score
Was there a significant player who came out of Iowa before 1993? No Caitlin Clarks.
In the ‘60’s there was a great player named Denise Long who I believe averaged over 50 a game even under those archaic rules. Not sure whatever happened to her, HS hoop was MUCH bigger and more important than college hoop back then. If any knows I hope they share it here !!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In the ‘60’s there was a great player named Denise Long who I believe averaged over 50 a game even under those archaic rules. Not sure whatever happened to her, HS hoop was MUCH bigger and more important than college hoop back then. If any knows I hope they share it here !!
Denise Long Rife, born in Whitten, IO in 1951 was the first woman ever drafted by the NBA in the 13th round of the 1969 draft by the San Francisco Warriors owner Frank Mieuli. The NBA commissioner ruled Long Rife ineligible to play because the NBA did not accept players right out of HS, or women, at that time.

Rife did travel to SF where she met Wilt Chamberlain, who remarked that she had broken all of his scoring records.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My high school had the JV boys play the girls varsity with mittens and sock. They had 6 we had 5. This is how I practiced outside but with boots. I’m ashamed to say it was my best field goal percentage of my sophomore year. 1963 Maine

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
carol burnett whatever GIF

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Regarding Fox Sports 1: I have watched several games this year(men+women). I thought the games on Fox were great because of 2 things:

1. Great camera angles of plays on the floor

2. The announcers were good too
I guess anything looks great if you are on a deserted island

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I guess anything looks great if you are on a deserted island
A deserted island is a great place to watch a game; there are no senseless fools to bother you!

Reaction Score
Isn't that why they have people in the control room giving the camera men instructions.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
297,000 viewers? That seems kind of low. I know WCBB isn't as popular as MCBB but there ARE big fans of the sport. I thought more people would have tuned in.
Note every getsFS1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom