Friday (3/8) games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Friday (3/8) games

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For some odd reason, this crowd is definitely pro Miami

Reaction Score
Rennia is a 6’2” guard being defended by 5’8” guards yet she won’t post them up. Just stands around on the perimeter.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I tell ya, Mississippi State is doing their darndest to make me not like them :mad:

But I'm still torn. If making the tournament will save Holly's job, maybe a close game here is best for humanity.
Bringing politics into play: 4 More years! 4 more years! Come on Phil, 4 more years! :D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It just occurred to me. This Syracuse-Miami game could have major implications for UConn's bracket. If Syracuse beats Miami, look for the committee to make Syracuse the #4 in Albany.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Hey! Speaking of MSU Blair Schaefer is announcing the AAC tournament game Tulane/USF and she's actually pretty good. Kudo's Blair!!!!

Side note- @Plebe has awoken MSU by his threat of not liking them. They are putting whooping on TN in the 2nd 21-9 leading 38-32

Reaction Score
Rae Burrell would drive me nuts as a coach! She has a VERY LOW BB IQ!

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Maybe one of the MSU faithful's can provide insight, but what has been going on with Myah Taylor this year? I thought she was expected to be getting big minutes this season after redshirting last season and leading the scout team. Is she injured or just not developed as far along as Vic was hoping?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
As a reminder for those with time today- ESPN3 has the Tulane/USF game on the app.

Reaction Score
Maybe one of the MSU faithful's can provide insight, but what has been going on with Myah Taylor this year? I thought she was expected to be getting big minutes this season after redshirting last season and leading the scout team. Is she injured or just not developed as far along as Vic was hoping?

She is really good defensively. Pesky little guard that creates steals and takes charges.

That said her decision making with the ball has been inconsistent but her offense is the big problem right now. No consistency shooting the ball. As a PG your number one job is to not turn the ball over and she sometimes is turnover prone.

She is talented though, she needs a transformation this offseason.

MSU will need Carter, Taylor, Wiggins to make jumps this offseason.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

She's just not far enough along to take minutes from the senior guards - Danberry has been an excellent scoring option, Jazz Holmes has a stellar assist to turnover ratio, and both are tremendous defenders.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Dagger 3 by Cooper on the assist from Mangakahia. Cuse up by 9 with under a minute left.

Get ready to see Cuse in Albany now.

Reaction Score
Will Stephanie Watts be playing for North Carolina? I don't recall her playing lately.

Reaction Score

This is been a subject of discussion on the State message boards too. A lot of us thought she would contribute more. I've seen flashes from her- like when she stepped up during the first South Carolina game. But I've also seen the turnovers and her inability to score. She's good on defense though.

I hope she can make a big improvement over the summer. Vic has proven he can develop PGs if he's proven anything. I also think he just trusts Holmes.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Will Stephanie Watts be playing for North Carolina? I don't recall her playing lately.
She's got injured during the Virginia game on Feb. 17 and hasn't played since. Currently listed as day-to-day, haven't heard yet about status for today.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
She's got injured during the Virginia game on Feb. 17 and hasn't played since. Currently listed as day-to-day, haven't heard yet about status for today.
I thought we were hoping for another Tar Heel to be playing today? :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I thought we were hoping for another Tar Heel to be playing today? :rolleyes:
Ha yes, LaChina reported during the Miami-Syracuse broadcast that Bailey will be back today.

Reaction Score
PN #119 HS player (espn #43).

I remember LV fans were saying she is underrated and I don’t see it. She has a good motor but that’s about it.

Reaction Score
I like Westbrook a lot but she’s not a PG and she doesn’t have a left hand....

Reaction Score
Jazz Holmes, Vic trust her to run the team and he goes to her often!

Reaction Score
Despite the 20+ turnovers I’m surprised Tenn is still in this game..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom