Friday (3/8) games | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Friday (3/8) games

Reaction Score
Pivec hit a 3 to tie it at the end of Q3. UW had been up 5. Pivec w/ another double-double. I'm not sure how to check but she has to be the leading rebounding guard in the country. Around 9 per game. That's ridiculous. Slocum hasn't been getting any looks after lighting it up in the first half.
NCAA College Women's Basketball DI current individual Stats | NCAA.com

Depending on if you agree with the positions as listed. She’s leading among major conference players but there are a few ahead of her if you count all of D1.

Reaction Score
Watching this is taking me back to that game a few years ago in the NCAAs when Wynn’s Long Beach team very nearly upset Oregon St. I think LBSU was something like a 15 seed?

I remember quite a few people saying that it seemed like Wynn was auditioning for the then-vacant USC job.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
NCAA College Women's Basketball DI current individual Stats | NCAA.com

Depending on if you agree with the positions as listed. She’s leading among major conference players but there are a few ahead of her if you count all of D1.

Holy cow, Brooke Salas is averaging 11? I remember her from a couple years ago when New Mexico St. threw a scare into Stanford. Didn't realize she's still around. And an Ogwumike, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised about that. Okay, I was off by quite a bit.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Holy cow, this might actually happen. UW up 6 under 2 minutes left. Melgoza got it going in the 2nd half and Peterson kept hitting shots. This would be awful for OSU but I can't help but feel good for UW. OSU just keeps missing 3's.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is trouble. OSU down 6 now under 2:00. This crowd is just stunned. beavers offense is struggling.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ooph, big mistake by Hannah Johnson. Missed a contested layup when she should've just run clock or waited to get fouled. Beavers can cut the lead to 1 w/ FTs now.

edit--64-63 UW, 19.5 seconds left, UW will be inbounding after a time out

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
After a lengthy rest Goodman is back in the game. Can she get off the schneid?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hold onto your hats. Tied up 4.9 seconds left. Timeout UW, will be able to advance the ball to halfcourt. Pivec hit the game tying shot. She's absolutely carried them in the 2nd half.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
am I the only one who thought Corosdale was moving on that pick?

wasn't even focused on that, I'm sure there are a bunch of moving picks that don't get called every game

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Missy Peterson buried a 3. She's such a different player w/out that stinking facemask, she had most of this season stolen from her. Big melee on the floor, refs are sorting out how much time is left and if a timeout was called. Maybe 2.3 seconds left?

oh my goodness, Hannah Johnson jumped off the bench several feet onto the court and got a technical called on her, wow

edit--Huskies win 68-67, nobody saw this coming

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Missy Peterson buried a 3. She's such a different player w/out that stinking facemask, she had most of this season stolen from her. Big melee on the floor, refs are sorting out how much time is left and if a timeout was called. Maybe 2.3 seconds left?

oh my goodness, Hannah Johnson jumped off the bench several feet onto the court and got a technical called on her, wow

well i put on one of my husky hats for a few minutes to see if it still fit so................................. :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Bizarre technical call. How did it look?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UW was 2-15 in conference this year and knocks out a top-11 team. Parity! Or, in the case of UW, party!

Reaction Score
Bigger upset: this or Arkansas over SC?
Thats an easy question for me, Arkansas over South Carolina. Oregon State has been playing flat out terrible as of late. In their past 3 games, got pounded @ ASU, nearly lost @ UA, and lost to UW.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Bunch of Orange and Black fans roaming around the arena like

beav.jpg

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I have to say, I was so absorbed in rooting for the huskies for the upset I didn't even remember if they won they'd play the cardinal - I'll take it. They played with so much heart - it was really hard to root against them, and I admire OSU so much.

Also, somehow the PAC-12 tournament doesn't agree with Rueck. Believe it or not, he has a losing record - 7-8.

I will say this - for all the (legit) complaints about officiating during the PAC-12 regular season, the officials for all of the games today did a solid job. Some missed things here and there, but all things considered, a very laudable job.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Bizarre technical call. How did it look?

By the rule book it was a legit call. She was well out onto the floor from the bench, can't do that. Have to keep your cool. Fortunately it didn't cost them the game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Thats an easy question for me, Arkansas over South Carolina. Oregon State has been playing flat out terrible as of late. In their past 3 games, got pounded @ ASU, nearly lost @ UA, and lost to UW.

But right before that they beat Oregon and UCLA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom