Forgive my ambiguity here, reputable source: UConn making earnest P5 Push | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Forgive my ambiguity here, reputable source: UConn making earnest P5 Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
That certain governor wants us in the Hockey East.

That same certain governor likes money and would therefore sacrifice the comparative pennies Hockey East generates for the far larger guaranteed pay days the B1G can offer.

Reaction Score
i'm connecting to my inner-HFD and have decided to save delaney some time on how he should break out 3 or 5 team divisions for the soon to be 15 team big10. here's three options with different rationale for him to choose from
option 1 - geography
west: nebr/iowa/minn/wisc/illini. central nw/purd/iu/um/msu. east osu/psu/umd/ru/uconn

option 2 - heritage of old b10 and new B1G, putting the newest 5 teams in one div, then splitting original B10 into east/west so...
newby divison nebr/psu/umd/ru/uconn. original big10 west- minn/wisc/iowa/illini/nw. original big10 east um/msu/osu/iu/purd

option 3 - balance and distribuiting name brands and then three newbies in each division
div 1 - osu/umd/purd/wisc/minn. div 2 - um/uconn/msu/iowa/iu. div 3 - psu/ru/nebr/nw/illini.

play 4 teams in your division and 2 from other division, for 8 game league schedule. schedule makers to figure out how to maitain long term rivalries on annual basis.

Jimmy S, let me save you the post...It's going to be a long off-season.

Reaction Score
i'm connecting to my inner-HFD and have decided to save delaney some time on how he should break out 3 or 5 team divisions for the soon to be 15 team big10. here's three options with different rationale for him to choose from
option 1 - geography
west: nebr/iowa/minn/wisc/illini. central nw/purd/iu/um/msu. east osu/psu/umd/ru/uconn

option 2 - heritage of old b10 and new B1G, putting the newest 5 teams in one div, then splitting original B10 into east/west so...
newby divison nebr/psu/umd/ru/uconn. original big10 west- minn/wisc/iowa/illini/nw. original big10 east um/msu/osu/iu/purd

option 3 - balance and distribuiting name brands and then three newbies in each division
div 1 - osu/umd/purd/wisc/minn. div 2 - um/uconn/msu/iowa/iu. div 3 - psu/ru/nebr/nw/illini.

play 4 teams in your division and 2 from other division, for 8 game league schedule. schedule makers to figure out how to maitain long term rivalries on annual basis.

Sign me up for option 2: Guaranteed games against PSU & the Huskers EVERY Year? Eastern Seaboard games against MD & Snooki? Add in Turkey Weekend against Snooki & this could be perfect!

Reaction Score
Sign me up for option 2: Guaranteed games against PSU & the Huskers EVERY Year? Eastern Seaboard games against MD & Snooki? Add in Turkey Weekend against Snooki & this could be perfect!
Shoot, sign me up for any scenario that has us in the B1G, even if our division was us and any four of IU, Illinois, Purdue, NW, Minnesota, Rutgers, Maryland, and Iowa. We'd at least get crossover games against OSU, UM, MSU, PSU, and UN's.

Reaction Score
speaking of the Rent...why doesn't the state just take over the concessions. Beer sales alone at $9 profit per cup could pay for the expansion.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Maybe the B1G will take us and go to a Premiership relegation model? Earn your way up.

Division 1

Team 2014 B1G record
Ohio State 8-0
Michigan State. 7-1
Wisconsin. 7-1
Minnesota. 5-3
Nebraska. 5-3
Maryland. 4-4
Iowa. 4-4

Division 2

Team. 2014 B1G record
Rutgers. 3-5
Illinois. 3-5
Michigan. 3-5
Northwestern 3-5
Penn State. 2-6
Indiana. 1-7
Purdue. 1-7
Connecticut. 0-0

Place in the top three in division 2 and get elevated. Place in bottom three in division 1 and get relegated. I would never cry if we never got out of division 2.

Reaction Score
Maybe the B1G will take us and go to a Premiership relegation model? Earn your way up.

Division 1

Team 2014 B1G record
Ohio State 8-0
Michigan State. 7-1
Wisconsin. 7-1
Minnesota. 5-3
Nebraska. 5-3
Maryland. 4-4
Iowa. 4-4

Division 2

Team. 2014 B1G record
Rutgers. 3-5
Illinois. 3-5
Michigan. 3-5
Northwestern 3-5
Penn State. 2-6
Indiana. 1-7
Purdue. 1-7
Connecticut. 0-0

Place in the top three in division 2 and get elevated. Place in bottom three in division 1 and get relegated. I would never cry if we never got out of division 2.

Unrealistic, but intriguing.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Conspiracy Cynic says: Politician wants to be associated with success. When he hears something good is going to happen to UConn, he starts hanging around in public with the university president, in hopes of giving the impression he had something to do with making the good news happen.
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Hmmn, not bad, but the absence of aluminum protective headwear makes me doubt your credibility.

pj

Reaction Score
Conspiracy Kitty says:
Hmmn, not bad, but the absence of aluminum protective headwear makes me doubt your credibility.

It's true, too much WiFi has ruined my sanity. If only I had accessed the Boneyard through Ethernet!

Reaction Score
Lately I've been pissed about ND being in the ACC. Like its not discussed here but . Why not keep your other sports in the Big East and let a school that actually wants to be a full member in the league join? Especially with the Big East going to being a league of private Catholic schools almost exclusively. Especially especially with the edition of more Midwest schools in Xavier, Butler and Creighton. Ffffff it. Big East has good TV money (as anyone from PC will tell you) and their NBC contract gives them more money than well you know...

CL82

Reaction Score
option 1 - geography

Not bad; too sober though. If you aren't waking up hungover with the impression of your laptop keyboard on your face, you really aren't chanelling your in HFD.

CL82

Reaction Score
Conspiracy my a s s...
th
Wait you want to see my cat in a tinfoil g-string?!
You are a disturbed little man.

Reaction Score
Typical politician, a day late. Somebody tell him we're already in.
I meant long term and he knew. When I brought up getting us into the Big Ten, he just had a look of shock on his face and then responded all smugly about how we're in the Hockey East.

CL82

Reaction Score
I meant long term and he knew. When I brought up getting us into the Big Ten, he just had a look of shock on his face and then responded all smugly about how we're in the Hockey East.
Was this at a hockey game because I'm having trouble following the logic otherwise.

Reaction Score
Your constant protestation against joining the B1G tells me one thing and one thing only. You desperately want ND to join the B1G. You wish it with every fiber of your being. Secretly you pine for their partner to be UVA so that you and fellow B1G "Enthusiast" Stimpy can rent an RV and tour the rust belt. Think of the good times you'll have.
YUK! Having a root canal and colonoscopy without anesthesia would be more fun. No "Enthusiasm" here for something like that. I've been to Detroit, Benton Harbor, Lansing, Kalamazoo, Ft. Wayne, Lafayette, Dubuque, Cedar Rapids, Appleton, Wausau, Fond du Lac, Columbus, Akron, Canton, Cleveland, Rochester, MN, Fort Dodge, Iowa, and Toledo to name a few tour spots. Was almost killed driving in blizzard from Detroit to Kalamazoo one time. Have flown crop dusters/puddle jumpers from Cleveland and Pittsburgh to some of these places in the winter. I've toured quite enough. Thank you. Quite happy on the eastern seaboard. Don't have to travel like that anymore.

But, as aforementioned there is plenty of enthusiasm at Iowa State. And there are plenty of UConn fans her that really want a Big Ten invite. I wish the Big Ten would hurry up and make these fans happy. The Big Ten doesn't need UVA or Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
The portent is there for Big Ten...

The rust belt dwellars call the nut "pe-CONN"....the indigenous residents of the deepest south say "pee-Can". Has to be of relevance.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The portent is there for Big Ten...

The rust belt dwellars call the nut "pe-CONN"....the indigenous residents of the deepest south say "pee-Can". Has to be of relevance.

That's in this dialect quiz. Pretty right on for me. Not from the South, but I have never heard the phrase "Devil Beating His Wife" used when it's raining and the sun shining at the same time. Would love to know how that saying came about.

Reaction Score
Yep...southernisms... grew up with a mess of them (every southerner knows just how much a "mess" is).

Like...They think they're sweet, but the bees don't know it.

Reaction Score
YUK! Having a root canal and colonoscopy without anesthesia would be more fun. No "Enthusiasm" here for something like that. I've been to Detroit, Benton Harbor, Lansing, Kalamazoo, Ft. Wayne, Lafayette, Dubuque, Cedar Rapids, Appleton, Wausau, Fond du Lac, Columbus, Akron, Canton, Cleveland, Rochester, MN, Fort Dodge, Iowa, and Toledo to name a few tour spots. Was almost killed driving in blizzard from Detroit to Kalamazoo one time. Have flown crop dusters/puddle jumpers from Cleveland and Pittsburgh to some of these places in the winter. I've toured quite enough. Thank you. Quite happy on the eastern seaboard. Don't have to travel like that anymore.

But, as aforementioned there is plenty of enthusiasm at Iowa State. And there are plenty of UConn fans her that really want a Big Ten invite. I wish the Big Ten would hurry up and make these fans happy. The Big Ten doesn't need UVA or Notre Dame.

Now I understand why Hockey East doesn't care for South Bend. So, given your logic, why did the ACC sign them up?

two-day-snow-total-scaled.jpg

Reaction Score
Was this at a hockey game because I'm having trouble following the logic otherwise.
No, some public appearance by him somewhere. I went up to him and started discussing UConn. He seemed quite content with the HE.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
No, some public appearance by him somewhere. I went up to him and started discussing UConn. He seemed quite content with the HE.

Who wouldn't be, when being in the B1G isn't an option at the moment?

Reaction Score
Who wouldn't be, when being in the B1G isn't an option at the moment?
I can understand. I'd prefer the HE over the B1G for hockey. Unless Arizona State manages to lead to a Pac-12 hockey league, I am perfectly fine in the HE.

The B1G is not an immediate option but nor did the governor didn't say anything against that possibility. He could have been thinking, "let's enjoy the beauty of the HE for now, the B1G is going to be a lot of work". People at QU even think we fit in the B1G. (They do want to join the HE, too...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom