For those worried about Uconn's short bench | Page 2 | The Boneyard

For those worried about Uconn's short bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anything is possible, and if it does come down to a UConn and ND matchup in the NC, that would be something to think about, though to tell the truth I cannot recall an NC game that I thought was that unevenly and badly officiated. These are showcase events, and there is no desire by the sport's officials to have the NC game demeaned by a either a flopfest or a divefest. But sure, anything can happen, and it is true that ND seems to be gearing up for the tourney season since they've averaged 27 FTAs in their last four games.

Still seems like a backburner concern for me, and in any match-up of the two teams I would just be more concerned with ND playing tough defense in the paint to bump UConn off its plays and frustrate the team into taking long jump shots. And UConn would have to hold onto the ball as they averaged 15.5 TOs to ND in last season's regular time losses and had 35 in the 3 OT game. They won in the semis off 22 TOs, but at least there the Irish obliged by shooting under 30%.
In the semi-finals a couple of years ago I can tell you there was no doubt that Skylar and company were the recipients of many calls that were questionable driving through the paint and "creating contact" rather than being the victim of a block. Time after time they were able to use those wild out of control penetrations to change the complexion of the game and send the Huskies home.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In the end there are only 200 minutes. More for bench players = less for starters. I think some of those bench depth number analyses miss this point. As long as you got a couple of players to rest the starters or burn minutes in case of fouls, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom