For those of you that doubt the ESPN bias | The Boneyard

For those of you that doubt the ESPN bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
And why they spend so much time talking about how Kentucky has come together as a team but nothing on how we've come together after Louisville blew us out.

Reaction Score
Its a bunch of bs. im absolutely livid right now. im going off bitching to my gf how espn yesterday was longstroking msu yesterday and how they were going to walk all over uconn and today not even 2 minutes of coverage. F#%K YOU! BSPN

Reaction Score
ESPN came back to the UConn highlights and gave is 3-4 good minutes of airtime

Reaction Score
The worst was after the sweet 16 the sportcenter hosts actually said MSU would face either Florida or UCLA in the final 4. But then they said, but first they have to get thru UConn. Total bs

Reaction Score
make no mistake: this thread is 1000% accurate across the media board; clark kellog was the funniest when he picked his little ten brethren; Kenny Smith laughed at him and then clarkski was later seen choking and gagging to get his words out

Reaction Score
Yesterday when we were next on the reel thing on the side of the screen they cut to like a 5 minute preview of an NCAA Hockey game unannounced.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
And who beat one of the favorites to win everything? And you know that if we were the 4 seed everyone including Obama had, and lost to a 7 seed, ESPN wouldn't shut up about it.

Reaction Score
Guys can we be glad to be so ignored. There is some fuel that goes with this. Its hard to motivate someone that is propped on top of the world and continually talked about in glorified terms.

So whether we are underdogs or top dogs, we are after all Huskies and trust me we are feared dogs!

Reaction Score
Watching sportcenter and i decide to time the segments each game gets and here are the results:

UK/MICH 5:13 Seconds

UCONN/MSU 1:35 Seconds.

Are you F@%king kidding me?!!!!!:mad:

ESPN has been dissing the Big East and the American with consistency for several years now. It messes up their world when UCONN and UCF knock out the power conferences. It also makes all the talking heads who predicted UCONN would lose look pretty dumb.

Reaction Score
It messes up their world when UCONN and UCF knock out the power conferences. It also makes all the talking heads who predicted UCONN would lose look pretty dumb.
It's not about making them look dumb. It's about money & all the money they're paying out to those conferences. They need them to win to help their investments. Sure they also have the AAC, but they have our conference at a bargain rate, so they really have no investment in us.

Reaction Score
I
It's not about making them look dumb. It's about money & all the money they're paying out to those conferences. They need them to win to help their investments. Sure they also have the AAC, but they have our conference at a bargain rate, so they really have no investment in us.

It's always about the money! It's just so much damn fun to prove the pundits wrong!

Reaction Score

Doesn't really make any sense. They still "own" the rights to the AAC... so even if they paid little, it makes sense to get your money back. Just because you didn't invest a ton of money doesn't mean you don't want any money back.

Reaction Score
Doesn't really make any sense. They still "own" the rights to the AAC... so even if they paid little, it makes sense to get your money back. Just because you didn't invest a ton of money doesn't mean you don't want any money back.

Great point but the money for the power 5 dwarfs the payout to the the "Group of Five" conferences – American, Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West and Sun Belt. It's like a 70-30 split. ESPN probably loves the revenue from the American because they got it on the cheap but they speak with forked tongue. The cost ESPN and CBS paid for the Power 5 is much higher but the ROI (ad revenue) from a Super Bowl type playoff system will be humongous!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...f-revenue-money-distribution-payouts/1762709/

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Its a bunch of bs. im absolutely livid right now. im going off bitching to my gf how espn yesterday was longstroking msu yesterday and how they were going to walk all over uconn and today not even 2 minutes of coverage. F#%K YOU! BSPN

Who cares? Seems pretty insecure to be so mad over ESPN. They did a whole 4 minute segment on UConn at MSG. They only show bias based on ratings. BTW, every fanbase of every school in the country thinks ESPN is biased against them. I don't get it. Go to the Florida boards, and they call UConn a "media darling". Go figure.

Reaction Score
I hope they keep ignoring us. I don't won't any conditions around this team to change. Let them hype Florida and Kentucky. Let them read their own press and take us lightly. When we cut down the nets on Monday, we will get all the coverage we can handle.

Reaction Score
I hope they keep ignoring us. I don't won't any conditions around this team to change. Let them hype Florida and Kentucky. Let them read their own press and take us lightly. When we cut down the nets on Monday, we will get all the coverage we can handle.
Exactly

Reaction Score
Exactly

It's not as big an issue for basketball. Football drives the bus and is the governing factor in controlling the playing field. Like a previous blogger said, this is all about the money! They are attempting to increase the value of a limited number of franchises. I think they call it addition by subtraction!

Sorry, did not want to get too deep into the weeds on this. This is a topic for another time. Let's enjoy this ride and the potential of a repeat in National Championships (2003-04) for the Men and Women in 2013-14, in spite of the Network bias out there. By the way, ESPN and CBS's coverage for the Men and Women has been pretty good! Anyone who cares about basketball in the world knows who Shabazz Napier and Breanna Stewart are!

Reaction Score
Were at a bargain rate now but it's a short term contract.. If the conference especially us seem to be a lot better than they thought then the next contract could be a lot pricier. It might be cheaper to get us out of the league at that point. It's better to pay one team 20mm than a league an extra 100mm

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Watching sportcenter and i decide to time the segments each game gets and here are the results:

UK/MICH 5:13 Seconds

UCONN/MSU 1:35 Seconds.

Are you F@%king kidding me?!!!!!:mad:

This has to do with the love with Cal and the freshman. They are pulling for an all SEC finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom