For Sale. College Football Stadium on Old Airstrip | Page 4 | The Boneyard

For Sale. College Football Stadium on Old Airstrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Do you go to all home football games, 40 home bball games between the two programs and assorted other UConn teams?

no and no one will. well almost no one. but the point is your giving fans and alums between all the sports like 80 chances to get to campus a school year. thats huge and it molds culture. 6 or 7 home fball games, i bet most fans and alum start to make most of those. the bball crowd/base we have is already huge, it will only get better. it becomes the thing to do on weekends. those fall weekends its THE show in the state. during the winter puck on friday nights becomes a monster draw. bball is bball. in the spring the weather gets nice and we have good baseball and lax and softball doing its thing. the culture starts to tun into tailgating baseball games and having crowds vs uva types.

how many students in storrs? 20k? realistic # not reaching... how many of those are the student section of gampel or the student section at the rent? 5k for the rent? 2k in gampel? well how about 10k on campus for fball games easy and more when seats become more and 5k in a 15k arena in storrs for bball. how about 3 or 4k on a friday night for a puck game? how about drawing 1k consistently to soccer, baseball, lax and softball games? its all possible if culture is molded that way.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
When you stop being this board's delusional drunken version of RutgersAl and show anything close to real life possible solutions for the problems this program faces, I'll change my signature to whatever you want. But that's never happening either.

solution #1, your user name has a dash in it. congrats on that.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
...the culture is so far upside down here that fans can't even grasp it becuase they look thru blue glasses and like how easy it is to get to hartford instead of a extra 20 minutes down the road...

You can't get from East Hartford to Storrs in 20 minutes if you flew a Sesna.

It's 21 miles from the Rent to Hillside Road (i.e. Gampel Pavilion's front door). Going 84 to 384 to 44, it takes at least a half hour if you obey speed limits and hit all the green lights (of which there are plenty). So you tell me you speed (so do I)? Now add in traffic. No more speeding through the cow pastures on 44.

Reaction Score
no and no one will. well almost no one. but the point is your giving fans and alums between all the sports like 80 chances to get to campus a school year. thats huge and it molds culture. 6 or 7 home fball games, i bet most fans and alum start to make most of those. the bball crowd/base we have is already huge, it will only get better. it becomes the thing to do on weekends. those fall weekends its THE show in the state. during the winter puck on friday nights becomes a monster draw. bball is bball. in the spring the weather gets nice and we have good baseball and lax and softball doing its thing. the culture starts to tun into tailgating baseball games and having crowds vs uva types.

how many students in storrs? 20k? realistic # not reaching... how many of those are the student section of gampel or the student section at the rent? 5k for the rent? 2k in gampel? well how about 10k on campus for fball games easy and more when seats become more and 5k in a 15k arena in storrs for bball. how about 3 or 4k on a friday night for a puck game? how about drawing 1k consistently to soccer, baseball, lax and softball games? its all possible if culture is molded that way.

How many UConn games do you go to in a given year?

Reaction Score
We're not ignoring anything. I understand why people would try to get out of the Rent ASAP too. Comparing the Rent to on campus stadiums? Now that is apples and oranges. It's not a great college football experience. An on campus stadium in a college town IS a college football experience. If you gave people a total college football experience, they wouldn't worry about the traffic because they wouldn't have to worry about it.

I don't know why I bother trying to introduce reality and logic to someone who insists on comparing the culture of Penn State to the culture of CT.

Enjoy your delusional alternative reality where unicorn blood cures cancer, and people who show up late, and leave early are going to spend all day on campus.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
How many UConn games do you go to in a given year?

none until some ppl leave this state.

in college i went to 2-4 a year. in grad school i only made 1-2 a year fball wise. for bball, in college it was 5-10 games and a mix of hartford and storrs. i used to get student tix for gampel and borrow some 1s id just in case and go with my gf at the time. last year i went to 6 bball games as tuesday nigths types were great gettinga round school for my schedule. always go to a couple baseball games if i can also

i am now on the bats crazy train and wont go to any games until certain ppl are gone from storrs or things change.

travel has nothing to do with it. just certain little things with me wether its beef with class schedule or hating warde...for a non uconn student me and my friends from springfield made some noise for uconn for 4 years. you would be surprised how uconn pro that city is. a lot of the college kids either were from ct or grew up with umass sucking diick so uconn was popular. city ppl like uconn ball also. can't tell u how many times i got crowds hyped with hot 93.7 up in the building drunk as f. hof weekend was great all the time also. had big baby pay for a stripper for my table at mardi gras 1 weekend becuase my buddy had his uconn polo shirt on and he talked to us about rayray.

im no uconn slouch if thats what u think. i know a couple things and will rant until a cow eats me.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I don't know why I bother trying to introduce reality and logic to someone who insists on comparing the culture of Penn State to the culture of CT.

Enjoy your delusional alternative reality where unicorn blood cures cancer, and people who show up late, and leave early are going to spend all day on campus.

The Chicken Lips and watered down Bud Light at Ted's are apparently that good.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

psu
clemson
unc
wvu

doesn't matter who they all do the same. those ar ebig boys who we want to be like. stop having nelson syndrome and grow a pair and think big time and not bc/cuse/pitt/temple/duke small time. thats the culture issue. we looked up and then passed a bunch of dregs in bball who claimed to be fball schools. they wern't so this fanbase was looking up at the wrong crowd all along and still some old timers can't get over games vs miami and its so silly i want to freak out over it.

Reaction Score
psu
clemson
unc
wvu

doesn't matter who they all do the same. those ar ebig boys who we want to be like. stop having nelson syndrome and grow a pair and think big time and not bc/cuse/pitt/temple/duke small time. thats the culture issue. we looked up and then passed a bunch of dregs in bball who claimed to be fball schools. they wern't so this fanbase was looking up at the wrong crowd all along and still some old timers can't get over games vs miami and its so silly i want to freak out over it.

Yes, because wanting to expand retail and entertainment at the rent because
1) it's realistic
2) it will improve the gameday experience and attract more casual fans and families
3) it will help lead expansion of the stadium

is exactly like making the argument we should shut down the program.

People in CT are vastly different culturally than people in SC, NC, and WV if you haven't noticed. What you want to achieve will not be achieved doing what they did. We have to do it in a manner that fits our culture.

Husky25

Reaction Score

in college i went to 2-4 a year. in grad school i only made 1-2 a year fball wise. for bball, in college it was 5-10 games and a mix of hartford and storrs. i used to get student tix for gampel and borrow some 1s id just in case and go with my gf at the time. last year i went to 6 bball games as tuesday nigths types were great gettinga round school for my schedule. always go to a couple baseball games if i can also

i am now on the bats crazy train and wont go to any games until certain ppl are gone from storrs or things change.

travel has nothing to do with it. just certain little things with me wether its beef with class schedule or hating warde...for a non uconn student me and my friends from springfield made some noise for uconn for 4 years. you would be surprised how uconn pro that city is. a lot of the college kids either were from ct or grew up with umass sucking diick so uconn was popular. city ppl like uconn ball also. can't tell u how many times i got crowds hyped with hot 93.7 up in the building drunk as f. hof weekend was great all the time also. had big baby pay for a stripper for my table at mardi gras 1 weekend becuase my buddy had his uconn polo shirt on and he talked to us about rayray.

im no uconn slouch if thats what u think. i know a couple things and will rant until a cow eats me.

:confused: Did I read that right? :eek:

You don't go to any games? Sandwich it between as many words as you'd like. You not having ANY skin in the game pretty much hollows out any point about being big time you try to incoherently rant about make .

Reaction Score
solution #1, your user name has a dash in it. congrats on that.

You stalk high school boys on twitter. I hope your mom's basement is heated. It's cold out there today.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Yes, because wanting to expand retail and entertainment at the rent because
1) it's realistic
2) it will improve the gameday experience and attract more casual fans and families
3) it will help lead expansion of the stadium

is exactly like making the argument we should shut down the program.

People in CT are vastly different culturally than people in SC, NC, and WV if you haven't noticed. What you want to achieve will not be achieved doing what they did. We have to do it in a manner that fits our culture.

ppl who want to shop or eat at the new place at the rent will go any time but during game days becuase of the crowd. its not going to make moms and daughters want to go to the fbsll game. not how it works. sorry to ruin u and the iodot leadership we have dreams.

amy can go buy a barbie at toys r us and watch tv in her bedroom. shes not going to the rent to buy a abrbie and watch a uconn game live in the cold weather. this target audience is wrong and the idea is wrong. east hartford is nobody land. it has no emotional attachment to 99% of ppl in this state. eating at that buffalo wings vs the one in your local town is not going to make casual fans mor eliekly to come. sorry to burst your dreams. this is the basic type thinking that ppl get away with becuase other ppl around them are also weak minded.

but the patriots rah rah rah. listen the pats are a nfl team with a big established fanbase a short ride outside a major city who have been on a very impressive 10-15 what? year run as a solid franchise. a couple eats and a fan shop are nice and good things. but they were going to get crowds with or with out. what were doing isn't going to improve crowds, its going to make tailagting thinner and also slowly just eat away at the fanbase will to see thinsg uconn vs outside uconn tradition.

the dive bar u drank at in college? would u rather throw 2 back in that befor eor after a game vs go to the upscale outsider eats and bar that just moved on the block? its about the excpierence and the culture.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You stalk high school boys on twitter. I hope your mom's basement is heated. It's cold out there today.

i try to rape them to. thats my real agenda. im uconns fanbase sandusky and u all just dont know it yet.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

You don't go to any games? Sandwich it between as many words as you'd like. You not having ANY skin in the game pretty much hollows out any point about being big time you try to incoherently rant about make .

after game 6 this fall i have not been to a uconn game sice. thats when i jumped off the p bandwagon. most here know that. before that i went to a good amount of games a year over the past 5 years i would say for a kid in college/grad...

Reaction Score

Until UConn fires Manuel and Pasqualoni he is boycotting games.

He's gone from a passionate fan to whiny little brat who is throwing himself on the floor and holding his breath until he gets what he wants. I guess that's what the big boys do, since that is who we're supposed to be like.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Until UConn fires Manuel and Pasqualoni he is boycotting games.

He's gone from a passionate fan to whiny little brat who is throwing himself on the floor and holding his breath until he gets what he wants. I guess that's what the big boys do, since that is who we're supposed to be like.

sounds liek it worked for utah and lville

Husky25

Reaction Score
ppl who want to shop or eat at the new place at the rent will go any time but during game days becuase of the crowd. its not going to make moms and daughters want to go to the fbsll game. not how it works. sorry to ruin u and the iodot leadership we have dreams.

amy can go buy a barbie at toys r us and watch tv in her bedroom. shes not going to the rent to buy a abrbie and watch a uconn game live in the cold weather. this target audience is wrong and the idea is wrong. east hartford is nobody land. it has no emotional attachment to 99% of ppl in this state. eating at that buffalo wings vs the one in your local town is not going to make casual fans mor eliekly to come. sorry to burst your dreams. this is the basic type thinking that ppl get away with becuase other ppl around them are also weak minded.

but the patriots rah rah rah. listen the pats are a nfl team with a big established fanbase a short ride outside a major city who have been on a very impressive 10-15 what? year run as a solid franchise. a couple eats and a fan shop are nice and good things. but they were going to get crowds with or with out. what were doing isn't going to improve crowds, its going to make tailagting thinner and also slowly just eat away at the fanbase will to see thinsg uconn vs outside uconn tradition.

the dive bar u drank at in college? would u rather throw 2 back in that befor eor after a game vs go to the upscale outsider eats and bar that just moved on the block? its about the excpierence and the culture.
If you went to any games you would know that women and little girls are a big part of the crowd and it doesn't get uncomforatbly cold until after Halloween.

Foxborough is about 45 minutes outside of Boston. It might actually take a lesser amount of time to get there from Providence.

As for the dive bars on Campus? There is a reason we went there. We had no money. I think you severely overrate the nostalgia angle of this arguement. No one goes to Huskies because the $0.05 Popov well drinks tasted good. It's the $0.05 that was key.

Reaction Score
As for the dive bars on Campus? There is a reason we went there. We had no money. I think you severely overrate the nostalgia angle of this arguement. No one goes to Huskies because the $0.05 Popov well drinks tasted good. It's the $0.05 that was key.

Your mention of Popov gave me immediate liver pain.

Reaction Score

This is simply wrong. My wife was with me at every game until we had kids. Now they are too young to sit there in the stadium for a few hours. But she would gladly come and tailgate, then go shopping or to a movie with the kids while I went to the game, and then we could meet after for more tailgating or dinner. Until the kids are old enough to sit through games. In fact, with more family friendly things around the stadium, you make it easier for many people to go. People who aren't going because of their family obligations may be more likely to. People who go now, aren't going to stop going just like they didn't stop when Cabela's went up. People leave now when the weather gets nasty or cold. NOT having an alternative there for them doesn't prevent them from leaving. Having one now, will at least make them more likely to show up in the first place knowing there's other options if the weather gets too bad.

People will also go there for the shopping on off days, see the stadium, and think it might be nice to come back for a game seeing as how easy it is to get to it.

Put a hotel or two around the stadium with more entertainment, and recent alumni (most of whom leave the state) could be enticed to come make a weekend out of it.

You have yet to explain why people who show up late and leave early are going to change from that habit to one of making an entire day out of a game on campus. what about after the game? What are they going to do? Take their kids to x-lot and show them where the cops came through in riot gear and tear gas during spring weekends back in the day?

Texas has larger HS stadiums then memorial stadium. We're not going to go from what we were, to what you want, by simply putting a stadium on campus. It gives people LESS reason to go, not more. It narrows the people you attract, not expands. It will only slow the growth process, not hasten it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If you went to any games you would know that women and little girls are a big part of the crowd and it doesn't get uncomforatbly cold until after Halloween.

Foxborough is about 45 minutes outside of Boston. It might actually take a lesser amount of time to get there from Providence.

im sorry but the crowd does not have a huge number oif little girls. and guess what those little girls dont pay for drinks or buy tshirts of talk on message boards or watch games late at night or wear uconn stuff pround 24/7 or so much more. there dads do.

i have never met a fan(besides red) who went to more uconn stuff or rooted for them more than me considering i didnt go to uconn. keep chipping away, your not getting anywhere. you want to mold a culture of little girls as fans at the rent? brillant! call up susan and the govt and lets make sure we get a toy r us and a build a baear sotre in this plazza they are building at the rent. have special packages for little girls to host birthday parties on game weekends. this is going to double the fanbase easily...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Exactly. It's not a bad thing that our lives don't revolve around college football.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This is simply wrong. My wife was with me at every game until we had kids. Now they are too young to sit there in the stadium for a few hours. But she would gladly come and tailgate, then go shopping or to a movie with the kids while I went to the game, and then we could meet after for more tailgating or dinner. Until the kids are old enough to sit through games. In fact, with more family friendly things around the stadium, you make it easier for many people to go. People who aren't going because of their family obligations may be more likely to. People who go now, aren't going to stop going just like they didn't stop when Cabela's went up. People leave now when the weather gets nasty or cold. NOT having an alternative there for them doesn't prevent them from leaving. Having one now, will at least make them more likely to show up in the first place knowing there's other options if the weather gets too bad.

People will also go there for the shopping on off days, see the stadium, and think it might be nice to come back for a game seeing as how easy it is to get to it.

Put a hotel or two around the stadium with more entertainment, and recent alumni (most of whom leave the state) could be enticed to come make a weekend out of it.

You have yet to explain why people who show up late and leave early are going to change from that habit to one of making an entire day out of a game on campus. what about after the game? What are they going to do? Take their kids to x-lot and show theme where the cops came through in riot gear and tear gas back in the day?

Texas has larger HS stadiums then memorial stadium. We're not going to go from what we were, to what you want, overnight. And by simply putting a stadium on campus, which gives people LESS reason to go, not more, will only slow that process.

kids leave early now becuase its possible which is another story that uconn and the bus sytem shoudl fix but im not going to rant that up right now. i think u know of that issue.

fans who leave early are casual. uconn nees to leave the rent open for hours after not 1 and the whole time be pushing ppl out anyway. there nothing to do after the game at the rent. on campus u could have fans going to dts(once u develope it with a stadium) the bookstore to uy gear, the building to check out the cafe or revisit a old memory and other things. have post game events and other things. on campus bring many new iseas and event possibilities to the table to keep ppl around longer. right now the ren tis tailgate-game-go home or just game-go home. on campus opens a ton of new doors. its a culture thing that i keep saying but its true.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Exactly. It's not a bad thing that our lives don't revolve around college football.

it doesn't need to be around "college football". it neds to be around the school. the unviversity as a whole. its the fact that your pround of your degree and your job thanks to it. its the getting aau staus and having a ton of in state jobs revelve around that. its the sports side of entertainment vs going to nyc or boston for a pro sports game. stuff liek thaat. your wife likes going to broadway? cool. maybe she takes u one friday night to a play at uconn or soemthing. its the over all school/state culture.

Reaction Score

I'm just going to respond to the first paragraph because I can't understand a thing you wrote from the second one. So my understanding (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is that you expect us to change the culture around UConn athletics, to grow our fanbase, think traveling an extra couple of hours for a lot of people isn't a deterrent, want to build a new football stadium on campus, and you only go to a couple of games a year? No offense, but put up or shut up. You probably invest more time into UConn athletics than 99.9% of UConn fans and have exacting standards of how things should be, but you only make it to a handful of games a year. Come on man.

Reaction Score
it doesn't need to be around "college football". it neds to be around the school. the unviversity as a whole. its the fact that your pround of your degree and your job thanks to it. its the getting aau staus and having a ton of in state jobs revelve around that. its the sports side of entertainment vs going to nyc or boston for a pro sports game. stuff liek thaat. your wife likes going to broadway? cool. maybe she takes u one friday night to a play at uconn or soemthing. its the over all school/state culture.

Which will be completely revolutionized by putting a football stadium on campus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom