For all y'all who hate how Randy left | Page 3 | The Boneyard

For all y'all who hate how Randy left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And the last 6 years have been?
What a stupid argument. The last six years have sucked so let's go back to mediocrity? He had a couple of kids who put some feel good into the program like Dan Orlovsky and a couple of good running backs that kept us a bit in the game but once they were gone, voila, not much. If you want to get this program in a really positive direction we've got to strive to be appreciably better than that. If he hadn't left, I'm inclined to think he would have eventually been let go. We had that little PEAK with him but it was no longer improving, if anything it was tailing off but you still remember that point where there was HOPE!

Reaction Score
The reason we have great expectations and demand better is due to RE, but I also remember vividly the dissatisfaction we had with the stagnation of the offense and inability to break through to the next level. He got us into the top 35- 50 level but we all knew he wasn't the man to get us into the top 20. We are so far removed from where we were at around 80-110, he looks attractive. The question is in the AAC and the way things are structured, even the best in the AAC have trouble sustaining a top 25 ranking. Perhaps RE is enough to get us to the best place we can be until CR. I don't know. My better instinct is we can do better than RE, though. I still take Moorhead, Miles, Fleck or Weist any day over RE.
Totally agree. To settle for this retread is condemning yourself to Purgatory. Right now, UConn fans feel they're in Hell but settling for mediocrity would be a major crime.

Reaction Score
What a stupid argument. The last six years have sucked so let's go back to mediocrity? He had a couple of kids who put some feel good into the program like Dan Orlovsky and a couple of good running backs that kept us a bit in the game but once they were gone, voila, not much. If you want to get this program in a really positive direction we've got to strive to be appreciably better than that. If he hadn't left, I'm inclined to think he would have eventually been let go. We had that little PEAK with him but it was no longer improving, if anything it was tailing off but you still remember that point where there was HOPE!
Totally agree. To settle for this retread is condemning yourself to Purgatory. Right now, UConn fans feel they're in Hell but settling for mediocrity would be a major crime.
VERY well put!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak