Fired-Up Diaco Wants To Grow Attendance Along With UConn Football Program (M. Anthony) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fired-Up Diaco Wants To Grow Attendance Along With UConn Football Program (M. Anthony)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I renewed my seats, and the people that I've gathered over the years have renewed their seats - but it's not us - that Diaco is taling about.

It's the stadium full of people that he witnessed when he showed up as an assistant coach with Virginia that he wants. We all want. We all want BACK.

The conference isn't the same - obviously. But neither is the winning, and the winning is more important.

It's been a frigging messy going on 2 years now for me, but I hope to get to as many games as I can, and if I'm not, my seats will have asses in them. I wil be in Boston for that game, barring major catastrophe.

I haven't been in the same room yet with new AD, but I hope he's an energetic guy. KO - I have stories about KO, that I won't share here. Lots of energy though - and Geno is now the patriarch - sorry Jim - but Diaco?

This guy - I've only been in the same room a couple times, but he makes me want to play football. I would have loved to play with him.

That noted - I wanted to wring his neck and kick his ass in 2014. But that's all behind us now.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
My next door work neighbor is a UConn alum and huge men's basketball fan. I'd say he has followed the football program from afar -- going to games when the Rent first opened but hasn't been back since the floor fell out during the PP years. His perception of Diaco was that he made a lot of mistakes in Year 1 and did better in Year 2. He is cautiously optimistic about this year, but told me this morning that the home schedule stinks, in that there are either games that we going to win by a lot or lose by a lot. I told him that I thought the home slate was strong and that we were going to be at least competitive in each game. He straight up said that he thought Virginia and Syracuse would blow us out. I straight up disagreed and said that if the defense continues on its upward trajectory and the offense gels, the Virginia game would be a barnburner and we would beat Syracuse (and BC on the road.)

I bring this up because this is further evidence to me how important this year is, especially in early September. I'm hoping we manhandle FCS Maine and then beat a rebuilding Navy, looking good doing it. Then if we beat Virginia, the "show me" fans will start jumping on the bandwagon and the Rent will rock for Syracuse and beyond.

At least that is my vision. So it shall be written, so it shall be done.
You should bet him that if the Virginia game is within ten points in either direction that he joins you for the Syracuse game.

Reaction Score
There are 2 ways to rank the schedule. 1. By quality and on that note it is mediocre but ranked by interest it should be quite good. Non league games against teams we've played and those we hate (looking at you BC AND Syracuse) with 2 very good ones also on the docket in Houston and Temple. Can't ask for much more. Soul I love Michigan and Notre Dame? Of course but this is the best we've had in a while from an interest perspective.

Reaction Score
There are 2 ways to rank the schedule. 1. By quality and on that note it is mediocre but ranked by interest it should be quite good. Non league games against teams we've played and those we hate (looking at you BC AND Syracuse) with 2 very good ones also on the docket in Houston and Temple. Can't ask for much more. Soul I love Michigan and Notre Dame? Of course but this is the best we've had in a while from an interest perspective.

Thanks Warde.

Reaction Score
BC is what it is...I have been an advocate for years of playing them every year home and home on the Saturday of Thanksgiving week end. This for what I would call The New England Cup.

Agree with playing BC every year but I'd call it the Chowder Cup.

Reaction Score
I like our schedule. Imagine if we win 7 of the first 10 heading into that 2 week bye befdore we play BC.

Beat Temple that Friday night then we can sit back and watch BC flounder vs. Lousiville and FSU leading into our matchup.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I renewed my seats, and the people that I've gathered over the years have renewed their seats - but it's not us - that Diaco is taling about.

It's the stadium full of people that he witnessed when he showed up as an assistant coach with Virginia that he wants. We all want. We all want BACK.

The conference isn't the same - obviously. But neither is the winning, and the winning is more important.

It's been a frigging messy going on 2 years now for me, but I hope to get to as many games as I can, and if I'm not, my seats will have asses in them. I wil be in Boston for that game, barring major catastrophe.

I haven't been in the same room yet with new AD, but I hope he's an energetic guy. KO - I have stories about KO, that I won't share here. Lots of energy though - and Geno is now the patriarch - sorry Jim - but Diaco?

This guy - I've only been in the same room a couple times, but he makes me want to play football. I would have loved to play with him.

That noted - I wanted to wring his neck and kick his ass in 2014. But that's all behind us now.

You can't just say you have KO stories and not share them. This is the Boneyard, ya know :p

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I see the opposite really. Virginia? Not interesting. Any team in the American? Not interesting. Syracuse and BC, interesting only as former rivals. Some of the teams are decent, but not interesting. I find schools like BYU and Boise State more interesting than most of these. Maybe the problem is three ACC teams, rather than teams from multiple P5 conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom