Final Four Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Final Four Thread

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
These coaches with all of their film and breakdown that the average fan doesn’t do appreciate how it’s done. although we have had many here say that Spencer is a weaker defender getting beat at times. I wish to remind them though that usually he bombs 3’s and he got 12 rebounds.
He can score and grab loose boards -that’s why he is out there. His man on D is very weak as well as TNewt’s. That can’t be denied. Castle better be on Sears all game.

Reaction Score
If Edey is truly 300lbs as he is listed...Burns has weight on him. I know Burns is listed at 275, but it's widely accepted that he's more like 325.

I'm not quite as concerned about the weight of Edey, more so about the length. Burns is 6'9 and that may be a tad kind to him, he does not have an extra long wing span, he obviously play below the rim, he is not explosive. The intriguing part will be the style he plays. State loves to initiate the offense through Burns often times 15, 18, even 20 feet away from the rim on the wing or lower towards the baseline. Burns likes to catch the ball that far out and turn and access how the defense is playing him and then react accordingly, I highly doubt Edey is used to being "posted up" at the 3 point line. From the highlights I've seen of Edey he likes to lurk around the rim, so if State can bring him out 18 ft away from the basket perhaps they will negate his shot blocking and shot altering for any potential cutters.
There isn’t a chance in hell that Edey is only 300 or Burns is only 275.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Hopefully it sets up for a lot of disappointed Boilermakers leaving Phoenix early.
Cheap tix (relatively) for Monday night if they lose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom