Filling The Final Roster Spot (according to Hurley) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Filling The Final Roster Spot (according to Hurley)

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t know why Klaiber didn’t leave. Wasn’t he a top 50 recruit? He hardly got any burn

Reaction Score
Was it not just filled about ten hours ago?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1587106134249.jpg
    FB_IMG_1587106134249.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 204
Reaction Score
I honestly don’t know why Klaiber didn’t leave. Wasn’t he a top 50 recruit? He hardl y got any burniber
Klaiber was in the 80's as a recruit and JC actually got him some pt in the championship game which leads me to think he did not hate him. I was shocked he played in that game.

Reaction Score
Limits us quite a bit offensively. We need spacing and a 4 that can play on the perimeter as well as stretch the floor.
Huh, why? Where are these knockdown shooters that we need to open up for? I think it's more important for him to do what he is doing, which is defense, rim protect, rebound and knock down a consistent 15 footer.

Reaction Score
Huh, why? Where are these knockdown shooters that we need to open up for? I think it's more important for him to do what he is doing, which is defense, rim protect, rebound and knock down a consistent 15 footer.
You want to open the floor up so the guards can penetrate and create more easily. If we have 2 players on the court that are not a real threat past 12-15 feet then attacking the rim becomes that much more difficult.

Reaction Score
I. watched the 1999 Championship game last night . It was one of the best coached games I‘ve ever witnessed . It was like watching two chess masters at work. I loved everything they threw at Elton Brand the National player of the year. Holding that team to 40% shooting was the epitome of JC brilliance. That’s team beats the Ga Tech as badly as we did in 2004. Duke even if overrated was an incredible team.
Ricky Moore might have had the single greatest all round game in UConn history.
Everyone remembers the 14 first half points but his defense , rebounding ,getting loose balls and his unquestioned leadership the whole game literally were overlooked by many including me. Twice in the last 10 seconds he created Duke turnovers and tied for most rebounds.
If our free throw shooting wasn’t awful 10-18 vs Dukes 21-27 until very late that game wasn’t as close.
Khalid had a bad game playing only 22 min due to fouls ,minutes but redeemed himself with clutch points mostly at crunch time. Rash and Albert picked it up.
Our bench was a key to the win not only out scoring their bench 17-8 but keeping us fresher. Calhoun played almost everyone including Antric Klaiber.
Albert Morning offensively 3-4 . Wane and Saunders spelling Jake on Brand defensively were huge in the win.
Rip was an absolute killer who Duke never came up with anyone who could defend him.

i forgot one fact according to the announcers we won with our best player in street clothes.
Perfect analysis of that beauty of a game!

Reaction Score
I. watched the 1999 Championship game last night . It was one of the best coached games I‘ve ever witnessed . It was like watching two chess masters at work. I loved everything they threw at Elton Brand the National player of the year. Holding that team to 40% shooting was the epitome of JC brilliance. That’s team beats the Ga Tech as badly as we did in 2004. Duke even if overrated was an incredible team.
Ricky Moore might have had the single greatest all round game in UConn history.
Everyone remembers the 14 first half points but his defense , rebounding ,getting loose balls and his unquestioned leadership the whole game literally were overlooked by many including me. Twice in the last 10 seconds he created Duke turnovers and tied for most rebounds.
If our free throw shooting wasn’t awful 10-18 vs Dukes 21-27 until very late that game wasn’t as close.
Khalid had a bad game playing only 22 min due to fouls ,minutes but redeemed himself with clutch points mostly at crunch time. Rash and Albert picked it up.
Our bench was a key to the win not only out scoring their bench 17-8 but keeping us fresher. Calhoun played almost everyone including Antric Klaiber.
Albert Morning offensively 3-4 . Wane and Saunders spelling Jake on Brand defensively were huge in the win.
Rip was an absolute killer who Duke never came up with anyone who could defend him.

i forgot one fact according to the announcers we won with our best player in street clothes.
Pretty sure that E.J. Harrison was at the scorers table waiting to get in when the first half came to an end.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Pretty sure that E.J. Harrison was at the scorers table waiting to get in when the first half came to an end.
JC said he was at the scorer's table once and then on his way back to it as the game wound down.

Reaction Score
Limits us quite a bit offensively. We need spacing and a 4 that can play on the perimeter as well as stretch the floor. If we’re in a bind could we play Whaley & Carlton together? Sure. But late in the season I felt the two on the court at the start of games really hindered what we’re trying to do.
Yes but we also ended the season like 7-2 with that line up in at least the last 4-5 games. Although not for long stretches but it was becoming regular.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
So the sense I get is that we’re in wait and see mode. Staff wants to hold that scholarship for kids that enter the portal after the rule change passes. It will be interesting.

Reaction Score
I am a stars guy, I hate it when coaches down play stars. It sounded like Randy quote.

I think his quote was mor about Tyrese and not the next scholarship. Did anyone ask him for context?

Reaction Score
This is from Thursday as well, but I hadn’t seen the part about Springs.

Is Richie Springs good to go for next year?
“Yes. We’re excited about Richie. Right now, he helps us more at the four spot. He’s young, still developing physically. He does one thing that’s very hard to teach and that’s rebound out of his area and trace the ball. He does that incredibly well on the offensive end and can do it well on defense too. He’s a quick jumper and very athletic, so the year was very good for him, just like it was for Akok.”

C

Chief00

This is from Thursday as well, but I hadn’t seen the part about Springs.

Is Richie Springs good to go for next year?
“Yes. We’re excited about Richie. Right now, he helps us more at the four spot. He’s young, still developing physically. He does one thing that’s very hard to teach and that’s rebound out of his area and trace the ball. He does that incredibly well on the offensive end and can do it well on defense too. He’s a quick jumper and very athletic, so the year was very good for him, just like it was for Akok.”

In the article Danny nails it. It’s tough not getting guys on campus. When we do, they realize we have a good thing going. Throw in a LeBron owned Blaze custom pizza and things are good.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Throw in a LeBron owned Blaze custom pizza and things are good.
Lol. Hurley also subscribes to the Blaze strategy?

C

Chief00

Lol. Hurley also subscribes to the Blaze strategy?
It is part of our recruiting visit as the diary bar was in another era. Where do you think Jackson and his mom went to eat?

C

Chief00

Perfect analysis of that beauty of a game!
Thank God for Tim Higgins, he let our Bigs play. I agree Wane and Saunders used about 10 fouls each on Brand. thankfully, most weren’t called. Jake and KFree played tough ball too. Chief got to the Ohio State game early on Saturday and met up with Ricky’s dad, we were both there outside the arena maybe 3 hours before tipoff. He was very optimistic as was Tate George - who was at the Channel 3 truck. We were all so pumped up we could hardly contain ourselves. That was the greatest weekend of basketball I ever experienced / second and third would be the Kemba’s 2011 Big East tournament and the 2014 NCAA tournament at MSG. 2004 in San Antonio was wonderful but we had a NBA team that year -so it was expected.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom