FHCRE article “I don’t miss it one bit” | The Boneyard

FHCRE article “I don’t miss it one bit”

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I won't be reading this but I hope he realizes his legacy didn't end when got on that late-night plane leaving his team behind. The two subsequent debacles still count. And so does his abandoning his UConn team a second time during the pandemic.

Reaction Score
Such a mixed legacy.

He worked his tail off to get us into the national discussion faster than anyone could’ve imagined and with one hand tied behind his back by Admissions and the woefully inept Jeff Hathaway

He, along with Warde, PP, Fiasco and to a lesser extent AD Dave also oversaw a monumental and precipitous decline into irrelevance faster than anyone could’ve imagined.

So I thank him for 1.0 and truly scratch my head about 2.0.

Reaction Score
2.0 maybe he had something going on that explains the erratic behavior, who knows. Running off to Florida after season cancelled at a time when he could have been building for the future? That cemented his legacy In my mind.

Reaction Score
I'm glad he is proud of his legacy, confirms to me where his mind was while he was "succeeding" as HCRE2.0. Not sure if his dream school has put his statue in front of SECU stadium but sure it is in the works.

Reaction Score
Sums it up…

“Edsall clearly has a particular distaste for complications that have come with the era of name, image and likeness, how it’s spun recruiting and roster-building in different directions. He’s no fan of transfer portal chaos, either, the era of virtual free agency. The sport changed rapidly. Edsall did not. Some would argue that hindered his ability to succeed the second time around at UConn. Some would bemoan the new realities just like Edsall and celebrate his remaining true to certain ideals.”

Reaction Score
Edsall showed his true colors after the Oklahoma game. He demanded something of his players that he didn't demand of himself. The man was a hypocrite. His words were hollow. And that dream job that he snuck out the back door to take, well, karma is a bitch.

You made you bed Randy. Live with it.

Reaction Score
"I just know that I feel good because of the things we did accomplish and the number of young men that I gave opportunities to, and seeing how those young men turned out.

“We were in it for the right reasons. We weren't in it to win at all costs. And I'm glad I’m not in it now because I don't believe in the philosophy that's out there now. What it is, you're paying players. I don't think that's what college football is all about. Basically, cheating is legal now.”"

This guy, just unbelievable. HE gave the young men opportunities. HE molded them. They were lucky enough to be graced by the opportunity granted to them by King Randy.

HE did things right, and everyone else is wrong. The game changed, and anyone who is good at that new game is a bad person. Paying people for generated tons of revenue for an entity is cheating.

I know folks here won't agree but the guy isn't, and never was, a good person. He is everything they tell you not to be as a leader of people.

Reaction Score
"I just know that I feel good because of the things we did accomplish and the number of young men that I gave opportunities to, and seeing how those young men turned out.

“We were in it for the right reasons. We weren't in it to win at all costs. And I'm glad I’m not in it now because I don't believe in the philosophy that's out there now. What it is, you're paying players. I don't think that's what college football is all about. Basically, cheating is legal now.”"

This guy, just unbelievable. HE gave the young men opportunities. HE molded them. They were lucky enough to be graced by the opportunity granted to them by King Randy.

HE did things right, and everyone else is wrong. The game changed, and anyone who is good at that new game is a bad person. Paying people for generated tons of revenue for an entity is cheating.

I know folks here won't agree but the guy isn't, and never was, a good person. He is everything they tell you not to be as a leader of people.
He's a snake.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score

But Randy you publicly supported paying the players!

Clown.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

But Randy you publicly supported paying the players!

Clown.

These quotes are rather rich.

Randy has ossified his views and I guess it should be no surprise.

The world changed quickly around him and lead to a very bitter end.

Reaction Score
Can’t deny his first stint was excellent and he turned the program into a rising star. But then he almost killed off the program with his second stint. His stubbornness and reluctance to use the portal and insistence on fielding teams loaded with true freshman was a complete disaster & the program hit rock bottom.
But sometimes that’s what it takes. It ultimately lead to a great hire with Mora and the program has great positive momentum & fan interest is coming back now. Add in a move to the B12 and there’s every reason to be optimistic about the football program’s future.

Reaction Score
Was reading this earlier. He was clearly checked out the second time around and refused to adapt
Second time around was a bargain basement contract so his kid could be part of the staff. This while getting lawmakers to change rules for it to happen.
He worked his tail off to get us into the national discussion faster than anyone could’ve imagined and with one hand tied behind his back by Admissions and the woefully inept Jeff Hathaway
Hathaway was a huge part of the story in RE1.0 but so many new little of it. Hathaway was a piece of something the color of a football as an AD and not liked at all by our coaches.
I've moved on........ need some mora of Mora! ;)

Reaction Score
Not many people would miss sh^ting the bed for years. Game passed him by and I'm pretty sure Coach Mora is doing things "the right way" currently.
yeah, I'd be embarrassed by UConn Turn #2. I think he had a lot to be proud of the first pass but he blew all of his leads when he left campus.

Reaction Score
Second time around was a bargain basement contract so his kid could be part of the staff. This while getting lawmakers to change rules for it to happen.

Hathaway was a huge part of the story in RE1.0 but so many new little of it. Hathaway was a piece of something the color of a football as an AD and not liked at all by our coaches.
I've moved on........ need some mora of Mora! ;)

Hathaway was an abject failure and I knew it when I came to campus (as a grad student). He was a caretaker AD who took things granted. Schools die by staff who takes the institution for granted.

Reaction Score
I haven't spent the time to look into the RE1 and RE2 coaching tree but my gut instinct is that RE was only as good as his assistants (I suppose you could say that about most head coaches, but seems more prominent with RE). During RE1, player development was excellent and it was pretty poor under RE2. Anyone ever look into this/have a fact based opinion?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom