February recruiting thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

February recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Her best summer league buddy is Avery Howell, who is committed to Southern Cal. For that reason, I think they could be the favorite (plus proximity to home) or UConn because, well, UConn.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Grace was very impressive against Sierra Canyon. Is she a UConn POI?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
How is Kelis Fisher doing if anyone knows? Is she injured? The gurus here are giving nice updates on committed recruits and a ton on kids who might never play at UConn, but nothing on Fisher very recently.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How is Kelis Fisher doing if anyone knows? Is she injured? The gurus here are giving nice updates on committed recruits and a ton on kids who might never play at UConn, but nothing on Fisher very recently.
Two weeks ago, her #8 nationally ranked team beat a loaded Montverde Academy. I’m looking for Kelis’s stats

8295DD5A-F416-4488-B8E0-2B8922CE25C1.jpeg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It sounds like Geno is putting a full court press on Brynn McGaughy. This must be the second trip to see a recruit that he mentioned last week

View attachment 96995
Don't know if you caught it but in the Creighton post game interview at about the 24:13 mark, GA mentions having a kid on campus that weekend and the verbal exchange he had with her. I would like to think it was McGaughy but of course I have no idea. I can understand if he's showing a little urgency though because the talent is obvious.

Reaction Score
It sounds like Geno is putting a full court press on Brynn McGaughy. This must be the second trip to see a recruit that he mentioned last week

View attachment 96995
Before McGaughy's injury (ankle, achilles, I can't remember which) she was becoming one of the most highly touted players in any of the summer leagues. Mostly aided and abetted by USC commit Avery Howell, she was having some spectacular scoring performances, and elite programs were taking notice. When she had to have surgery (she has bounced back well) Howell stepped up and took over that scoring role, putting up 40-plus points at times. Howell was already getting attention, but no doubt seeing how she could score when called upon really opened some eyes. As hard as the injury had to be for McGaughy, it worked out well for both in the end.

If Geno made the trip to Colfax for a home visit, you have to like UConn's chances. He may be an old charmer at this point, but he's still a charmer, and the man can coach.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don't know if you caught it but in the Creighton post game interview at about the 24:13 mark, GA mentions having a kid on campus that weekend and the verbal exchange he had with her. I would like to think it was McGaughy but of course I have no idea. I can understand if he's showing a little urgency though because the talent is obvious.
That was Ivana Wilson Manyacka that visited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom