Featured Back this year?? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Featured Back this year??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Arkeel will imo see the field this year, but I also really like Ron Johnson to push for carries. I really like the power he runs with and that he seems to enjoy punishing the first defender that gets to him. I think if he comes in with a solid work effort he will also be in the mix with Max for our power back.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Arkeel will imo see the field this year, but I also really like Ron Johnson to push for carries. I really like the power he runs with and that he seems to enjoy punishing the first defender that gets to him. I think if he comes in with a solid work effort he will also be in the mix with Max for our power back.

Both of them will be on the field by Stony Brook at the latest.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Confident Carl said:
Freshman running back Leonard Fournette is slated to start for LSU this year. Why not Arkeel?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1955989-what-to-expect-from-lsu-freshman-rb-leonard-fournette

There are plenty of frosh running backs who will get a lot of time (Fournette might start but will be part of a pretty deep rotation).

It is not a position where a redshirt is necessary. I firmly believe that at this point, you either have it or don't at running back. You can't teach instincts and vision. The key change from high school to college is pass pro. If Ron Johnson and Arkeel show great running skills AND can pass block, absolutely throw them in the rotation.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
There are plenty of frosh running backs who will get a lot of time (Fournette might start but will be part of a pretty deep rotation).

It is not a position where a redshirt is necessary. I firmly believe that at this point, you either have it or don't at running back. You can't teach instincts and vision. The key change from high school to college is pass pro. If Ron Johnson and Arkeel show great running skills AND can pass block, absolutely throw them in the rotation.
it's that pass block that will be key... when they are worked into the rotation, they HAVE to have that skill... "god dammit Donald"

LOL, still, every time I see it...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Fournette is also being compared to some of the best college running backs in history. If he meets the hype he can battle Winston for a Heisman.

Reaction Score
Fournette is also being compared to some of the best college running backs in history. If he meets the hype he can battle Winston for a Heisman.

Fournette looks very special. My point is so does Arkeel. He is a smaller shiftier back visa vi Barry Sanders, etc. Granted competition may have been different but Arkeel's numbers are crazy. I am hoping he is our secret weapon this year and he comes out with a bang!

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=arkeel+newsome+youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01