Favorite UConn game (W or L) ever | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Favorite UConn game (W or L) ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn vs arizona carons last year and Ben and Emeka as freshman have their coming out party as we get the win in overtime been looking for a replay of that game for years.
Here you go man (not the full game, just highlights I uploaded a while back):

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Thanks for that. I was at that game with incredible seats that I won in an auction. Second row, right behind the announcers. I've never watched the game since, but am now enjoying seeing my prominent flesh yarmulke throughout, during every shot from that side.

Reaction Score
Best was 99 Duke but my favorite was the the UConn/MSU game in Germany. New season and again we were underdogs with a brand new Coach. It was nationally televised and was Ollie's first real test as a Coach. First game for our team and coach, so much on the line (to me it felt that way). No one knew what to expect.

That victory not only cemented the fact that UConn ball is very much alive but also that our future would not change. I knew then that we would be okay. The very next season proved all of that true. My favorite.
Good call, and great foreshadowing. I remember when KO won his first game as HC ever, against Tom freakin Izzo, a lot of people were surprised and happy, but I don't think any saw UConn 18 months later doing the same thing to get to another FF.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Johnny time!

I had completely forgotten about the existence of Channing Fry.

Reaction Score
99 Championship game of course
Tate George Clemson game
'98 Rips buzzer beater over Washington
Tie MSU and Florida games this year
Beating Pitt in 2011

Only loss i thought was a good game was Caron's last game - loss to Maryland. That second half was one of the best halfs ever.

Don't understand the love for the 6 OT game. That was one of the ugliest games ever.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Tough call. Next up, which is your favorite child?

Reaction Score
I don't think any game will ever top the feeling of realizing they weren't going to call a foul when Trajan Langdon fell with the ball and UConn had actually beaten Duke and won the national championship.

Reaction Score
I am going with the National Championship game this year because we really needed it, no one expected it and I was able to be a part of the entire experience in Dallas. Bucket list kind of thing.

Reaction Score
I have so many it's difficult
The 1999 Duke game has to be number one.
Ironically the shot game is tempered by the fact we were favored and blew a big lead. The Gonzaga game fulfilled a lifetime dream . Who dared to dream about NC's
The 1999 game at Stanford without RIP . At the time they were being touted with us and Duke. We not only beat them we left them For dead.
The Big East final where we beat Arttests St Jonh's team after which he phoned a friend and explained "they Pimped us" greatest post game comment ever.
Old UConn fans will attest to the importance of the NIT win.
We stormed the court.
Other old games would be the slow down game against Rhody,
The Tony Hansen team defeating Cuse at their old field house stopping a huge home winning streak. The 1990 wins against GT and Syracuse.
Any game we won against UMass when they had Dr. J.
The Pitt game in 2012 BE tourney. The wins at MSG this year.
One loss stands out it's the 1990 OT Duke loss.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Best overall: 1999 final, Uconn 77, Duke 74

Best non-NCAA tournament: 2011 Big East final win over Louisville. Have to put this one above the other Big East title wins because it was the only one I was there for. Great game, tremendous atmosphere at the Garden.

Best regular season win: Gampel debut, beating St. John's, who they could never beat and who had BURIED them earlier in the season.

Best non-UConn game: Villanova over Georgetown in the 1985 championship.

Reaction Score
Best win ever. 1999 NC. Bonus points being that was my first year at Uconn.
Worst loss ever. 2006 George Mason followed by 1994 Florida when Donyell missed the two free throws that could have sent us to the Final 4. Took me awhile to get over George Mason.

Reaction Score
Javi525 said:
Best win ever. 1999 NC. Bonus points being that was my first year at Uconn. Worst loss ever. 2006 George Mason followed by 1994 Florida when Donyell missed the two free throws that could have sent us to the Final 4. Took me awhile to get over George Mason.

Ugh. Was in DC for the GM game. I keep dreaming that the Denham Brown 3 goes in. But then I wake up.

Reaction Score

This was one of my favorites as well. Emeka was really coming into his own. I feel like that game springboarded me from big fan to the mess that I am now as completely obsessed with all things UConn bball. '04 my favorite team ever!

Reaction Score
Best win ever. 1999 NC. Bonus points being that was my first year at Uconn.
Worst loss ever. 2006 George Mason followed by 1994 Florida when Donyell missed the two free throws that could have sent us to the Final 4. Took me awhile to get over George Mason.
George Mason demons weren't exorcised until 2011 for me. Couldn't even stand to hear the college mentioned on tv even in other sports. That '06 team took some years off my life with their lackadaisical play!

Reaction Score
George Mason demons weren't exorcised until 2011 for me. Couldn't even stand to hear the college mentioned on tv even in other sports. That '06 team took some years off my life with their lackadaisical play!
Exactly how I felt and still feel. That was a huge upset that Uconn had no business losing.

Btw the 2010 team with sophomore Kemba (lead by senior Stanley Robinson) was the most unwatchable for me. Lot of bad losses that year. Not sure what could have motivated that team.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Beating Duke in 1999 by far. Duke has ducked playing us for years so that game was a shining moment.

Reaction Score
Well 77-74 was the best......but

Coming back and beating the Dukies in the National Semi Final in 2004. Josh Boone's tip to Mek and RA drain 3's are quite memorable.

Beating the Johnnies in the BE 99 Championship Game( KFREE was left off the first 3 BE All League teams and came roaring back and won the MVP).

Also no Rip and we go to Stanford and beat them.

And KEA beating PITT and then jumping on the scorer's table is also hard to forget.

I could list at least 50 more.

Reaction Score
Excluding the 4 title games, mine is the 2009 game at Notre Dame. ESPN Gameday was in the house. We snapped a huge home court win streak. AJ, Hasheem, Adrien, Gavin, Dyson, etc. plus, 1st time seeing UCONN in person. Awesome experience.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This year's championship. It turned around the negative commentary about UCONN struggling post-Calhoun and post-APR. There are a lot of fan bases out there that would have loved to have seen UCONN rot on the AAC vine but, after last season, we clearly showed everyone that that is just not going to happen. UCONN is stronger than ever and successfully transitioned from a HOF coach to Kevin Ollie. The true mark of an elite program is winning multiple championships under different coaches and UCONN has now, very firmly, entered that elite tier.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
"Favorite" loss: it's hard to argue against the 6-OT game. Even though losing to the Fruit is always tough to swallow, that game was very fun to watch. A game that big decided by the deep bench and walk-ons was something I will never forget. The fact that it happened at MSG in a great split atmosphere like that made it even more rememberable. I just wish we came out on top of that game but, meh, I'll take our 4-1 lead over a single game loss any day all day.

Reaction Score
1) 1999: UConn 77 Duke 74. I was 9 years old, and I swear it is my clearest childhood memory. I remember, just like it happened yesterday, as soon as the game went final, CBS cut to Gampel Pavilion, and all you could see were thousands of students going crazy. I made my college decision at that moment.

2) 2011: UConn 53 Butler 41. I got to close out my college career the way I "started" it 12 years earlier. Screaming in Gampel Pavilion in a throng of drunken euphoria.

3) 2014: UConn 60 Kentucky 54. All the frustration of the APR ban, the realignment disaster, and the world kicking dirt on our graves lifted all at once.

4) 2014: UConn 60 Michigan State 54. I was fortunate enough to get tickets for the game, and we all know the rest. I swear when MSG alternated shots of Mateen Cleaves and Richard Hamilton, the crowd energy turned for good, and UConn stormed back for the win. One of the greatest fan moments of my life.

5) 2011: Cardiac Kemba. Call me crazy, but once he hit that shot, I got the feeling like the championship was going to return to Gampel. I can't explain it, even to this day, but I just felt it.

Reaction Score
Favorite regular season game for me is 2009 Louisville. Bitch slapped the eventually #1 overall seed up and down the court in their own arena. Makes the beatdowns they've given us over the years somewhat more tolerable.

Hasheem and Adrien dominated that game in the front court.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Ok, NCAA tourney game, 2004 vs. Duke.

BET game - Georgetown 1996

I like the late comebacks in both of those games.

Regular season - Georgetown at the Civic Center during the dream season. That is the night we arrived on the national stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom