Favorite Lines From A Movie | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Favorite Lines From A Movie

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story has some good ones.

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

"Remember the 5 D's of dodgeball: dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge."

"Well I guess if a person never quit when the going got tough, they wouldn't have anything to regret for the rest of their life."

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood."

Reaction Score
From City Slickers.
The guy are a pound of bacon every morning. You can't do that.

Reaction Score
From Napoleon Dynamite.
Like anybody coudl even know that Napoleon.

Reaction Score
And my favorite from King Ragnar about his son Inar in The Vikings.
Odin himself could have sired him, but I did.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."

Reaction Score
Good one but I believe that there is no "a" in that quote. I'd go with Colonel Jessup:
Son, we live in a world that has walls,

You left off the best part: "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

Which also inspired perhaps the best WCBB sign ever (by a ND fan during the Ruth Riley era):
"You want the Ruth? You can't handle the Ruth!"

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
"Miss Jean Louise? Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passing."

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
"Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified?"

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Most of what passes for comedy these days just isn't funny.
So true. Most of today's so called comedies are either laughing out of a toilet bowl, from between someones legs, or making fun of the infirm.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
"I am your father, Luke. You must come over to the dark side, you hoser!" Doug McKenzie, Strange Brew
"I can see you in the kitchen, bending over a hot stove. But I can't see the stove." Rufus T. Firefly to Mrs. Teasdale, Duck Soup
"Never give a sucker an even break or smarten up a chump". W.C. Fields, You Can't Cheat an Honest Man

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
"Rosebud".
"This one goes to eleven."
"I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."
"Oh no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was beauty killed the beast."
"Me Tarzan, you Jane."
"A fine mess you've gotten me into this time!"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A couple of quotes from my favorite movie, The Third Man.
Also my favorite movie of all time. Here's another quote:
Paul Hoerbiger (as the porter) in broken English with a heavy German accent: "Now he's in hell (pointing up) . . . or in heaven (pointing down)."

Has the greatest movie entrance of all time (if you don't count the fact that Harry Lime is seen earlier from a great distance on the bridge with the other conspirators). . . at night a light is turned on illuminating Orson Welles' face standing in a doorway. (Second place goes to the Duke in Stagecoach.) Interestingly, that entrance of the title character doesn't take place until 2/3 of the way thru the movie. (At least that's quicker than the entrance of the title character in "Rebecca".)

Also has the greatest ending of all time . . . that delicious minute or two fadeout with Alida Valli walking down the tree lined street with the leaves falling.

Also has one of the greatest scores of all time. Love the zither . . .and the images of a bombed-out post-WWII Vienna.

I had the great pleasure of riding the Riesenrad (the famous Ferris wheel) in Prater Park in 1998. Just me and my girlfriend in the huge railroad-sized car looking down at all those "dots."

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"You tired now old man." This from a drug courier who a mourning father has just beat severely in an unsuccessful attempt to get the name of the next one up the line. They both laugh and dad blows a large whole in his head.

In Order of Disappearance. A Nordlich subtitled film just filled with black humor. The vegan drug lord is an absolute stitch.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Roy Scheider as Bob Fosse, "Showtime".

"Rosebud".

"Top of the world Ma!"

"I steal!".

Reaction Score
First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So true. Most of today's so called comedies are either laughing out of a toilet bowl, from between someones legs, or making fun of the infirm.

I mostly blame "The Office," but somewhere along the line painfully awkward was also deemed to be a subject of much mirth. I don't agree.

There's probably always been lowbrow humor, but it's probably sunk lower.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I mostly blame "The Office," but somewhere along the line painfully awkward was also deemed to be a subject of much mirth. I don't agree.

There's probably always been lowbrow humor, but it's probably sunk lower.
Actually it started with stand up comedians. But in the movies, and I know some here don't want to here this, I think it started with Animal House. It was then followed up by the Porky's movies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
David St. Hubbins: Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation

Reaction Score
And then there's the (alas) true sentiment from my very favorite movie of all time:
MARECHAL: We have to finish the war. Let's hope it's the last.
ROSENTHAL: An illusion. Back to reality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom