Favorite Lines From A Movie | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Favorite Lines From A Movie

Reaction Score
Most people never have to face the fact that at the right time and place they are capable of anything.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
"Hello, I must be going".

JordyG

Reaction Score
Howard: Good morning.

Mr Kaltenborn: No, I don't think so. I'm Mr Kaltenborn, the manager of what's left of the hotel.

Howard: I'm sorry about all this whole mess here. Usually this doesn't happen.

Mr Kaltenborn: Dr Bannister, I have a message for you from the staff of the hotel.

Howard: What is it?

Mr Kaltenborn: Goodbye.

Howard: That's the entire message?

Mr Kaltenborn: We would appreciate it if you would check out.

Howard: When?

Mr Kaltenborn: Yesterday.

Howard: That soon?
What the heck ever happened to screwball comedies? From my thinking, thank god for "Groundhog Day".

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"If it was up to you we'd still be in Yanbu ... and NOWHERE!"

"Do you think I'm just anybody....well,do you!"

"No sir,it's not that....I liked it."

Reaction Score
A couple of quotes from my favorite movie, The Third Man.

Orson Welles: . . . in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and
bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In
Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and
what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Atop the Riesenrad in Vienna Welles and Joseph Cotton are looking down at the people below.

Cotton: Have you ever seen any of your victims?
Welles: Victims? Don't be melodramatic. Look down there. Tell me. Would you really feel pity
if one of those dots stopped moving forever? If I offered you 20000 pounds for every dot that
stopped, would you really, old man, tell me to keep my money, or would you calculate how many
dots you could afford to spare? Free of income tax, old man. Free of income tax - the only way
you can save money nowadays.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"You know, Sicilians are great liars. The best in the world. I'm Sicilian. My father was the world heavyweight champion of Sicilian liars. From growin' up with him I learned the pantomime. There are seventeen different things a guy can do when he lies to give himself away. A guy's got seventeen pantomimes. A woman's got twenty, a guy's got seventeen. But if you know 'em like ya know your own face, they beat lie detectors all to hell. Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothin'. But you're tellin' me everything. I know you know where they are. So tell me, before I do some damage you won't walk away from."

Christopher Walken is just about my most favorite actor. With him the joke is always on the rest of us.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Christopher Walken is just about my most favorite actor. With him the joke is always on the rest of us.
What I also like about his acting is he always seems to be thinking, and when appropriate, every word seems to have either a subtext, an underlying threat, or both.

Reaction Score
Beware the ides of March

Caesar: The ides of March have come
Soothsayer: Ay, Caesar; But not gone

I had to use two different youtube items.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
From "Horsefeathers". Groucho is lounging in a canoe, while the "college widow" paddles.
College Widow; "Oh, you brought a canoe!"
Groucho; "Yes. I was going to get a flat bottom, but the girl at the boathouse didn't have one."

JordyG

Reaction Score
From "Horsefeathers". Groucho is lounging in a canoe, while the "college widow" paddles.
College Widow; "Oh, you brought a canoe!"
Groucho; "Yes. I was going to get a flat bottom, but the girl at the boathouse didn't have one."
Where the tusks are looser

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
52d04b6d70c89ecd243227d556221b15.jpg
52d04b6d70c89ecd243227d556221b15.jpg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What the heck ever happened to screwball comedies? From my thinking, thank god for "Groundhog Day".

Most of what passes for comedy these days just isn't funny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom