Fanta picks Providence | The Boneyard

Fanta picks Providence

Reaction Score
youre-dead-to-0e26ec.jpg

Reaction Score
Did he tweet that? I like Fanta, but his takes most of the time are not so good lol

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Did he tweet that? I like Fanta, but his takes most of the time are not so good lol

Providence based Podcast

Reaction Score
He's playing the spot. I respect the zag. Cooley is absolutely going to have those guys ready to play on Thursday after their recent performances and NCAA lives a little on the line. We might get a little cushy on this winning streak and after the big calendar circle road win.

We just have to be tougher, smarter, and better. This is another test of Hurley getting the guys properly motivated and locked in.

August_West

Reaction Score
The team that relies the most on beneficial ref calls who has been exposed the last few games is going to win the BET? Interesting..

He didnt pick them to win the tourney, just beat us. He did say if he was wrong about that then UConn would win the tourney. Which I now put zero stock in his opinion on that because of his initial pick.

Reaction Score
No surprise. He seems to be a Providence lean usually. He can be entertaining, not typically super insightful.

I equate him to the Tommy Boy of CBB - would be a good dude to hang out with and drink a few suds watching a game, but not sure I'd bet the mortgage on his insights or picks. Well that's what I get from Twitter spaces anyway - but I've listened to twitter spaces so that says a bit about me too (not a positive either).

I give him a ton of credit for building his career, that's not an easy thing to do.

Reaction Score
We might get a little cushy on this winning streak and after the big calendar circle road win.

We just have to be tougher, smarter, and better. This is another test of Hurley getting the guys properly motivated and locked in.
That might apply if it was a regular season game in January but it's the Big East tournament. I don't see any way it's possible UConn is feeling cushy and won't be up for it. Everything you do in the offseason and play for all season is for this moment.

Reaction Score
No surprise. He seems to be a Providence lean usually. He can be entertaining, not typically super insightful.

I equate him to the Tommy Boy of CBB - would be a good dude to hang out with and drink a few suds watching a game, but not sure I'd bet the mortgage on his insights or picks. Well that's what I get from Twitter spaces anyway - but I've listened to twitter spaces so that says a bit about me too (not a positive either).

I give him a ton of credit for building his career, that's not an easy thing to do.

I think he went to Seton Hall. I generally enjoy him, I do think he rides Providence a bit but whatever. I think he has to play that role given Dauster is a UConn guy. Jeff Goodman is easily the worst of that Field of 68 crew.

Reaction Score
No anger from me at all. Providence is going to enter that game angry. UConn needs to keep that edge and chip on their shoulder. Beating Nova in a game Nova desperately wanted and needed for their NCAA tournament hopes was good practice for this game because the situation is very similar although not identical.

In fact, I would love if they showed this to the UConn players. Maybe someone can make up a fake statement about Ed Croswell saying Sanogo is lousy and show it to Sanogo ;)

Reaction Score
He's playing the spot. I respect the zag. Cooley is absolutely going to have those guys ready to play on Thursday after their recent performances and NCAA lives a little on the line. We might get a little cushy on this winning streak and after the big calendar circle road win.

I agree, I am more scared of this game then any other after it.

I would have rather played Creighton.

August_West

Reaction Score
You know damn well that's not a thing.

It is. And the mod of Friartalk, and the dude who runs the pod, is a good guy and good hoops fan. The board is hot mess (what board isn't) but I like Coren.

Reaction Score
Jeff Goodman is easily the worst of that Field of 68 crew.
This. As a college hoops junkie I love FO68 and the comprehensive coverage they offer. But whenever its Dauster with Goodman on After Dark you know Goodman is gonna go out of his way to siht on the Huskies. Total cringe for me. Otherwise love the content Rob!

August_West

Reaction Score
No anger from me at all. Providence is going to enter that game angry. UConn needs to keep that edge and chip on their shoulder. Beating Nova in a game Nova desperately wanted and needed for their NCAA tournament hopes was good practice for this game because the situation is very similar although not identical.

In fact, I would love if they showed this to the UConn players. Maybe someone can make up a fake statement about Ed Croswell saying Sanogo is lousy and show it to Sanogo ;)

We have enough. After the Gampel game Cooley pretty much guaranteed they'd beat us if we met again in BET.

If Hurley doesn't already have that on the bulletin board it would be motivational coaching malpractice

August_West

Reaction Score
This. As a college hoops junkie I love FO68 and the comprehensive coverage they offer. But whenever its Dauster with Goodman on After Dark you know Goodman is gonna go out of his way to siht on the Huskies. Total cringe for me. Otherwise love the content Rob!

F68 is fantastic. Totally agree with your entire assessment.

Reaction Score

Cooley may have them ready to play, but are the players ready to play for him when he already has one foot out the door?

Reaction Score
Personally I think anybody in the top 5 could win the BET and it wouldn't be a shock, but UConn should be the favorite

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Cooley is absolutely going to have those guys ready to play on Thursday after their recent performances and NCAA lives a little on the line. We might get a little cushy on this winning streak and after the big calendar circle road win...
Yup!

Providence is now a wounded animal backed into a corner. I expect a monster effort from guys like Bynum, Locke, and Croswell. And Carter - but that's Carter every game.

I pray the guys aren't taking it too lightly. They're in for a war.

Reaction Score
I enjoy Fanta's commentary after-the-fact. But his pregame analysis and predictions are average or worse

Anyways, sounds like he doesn't trust the good UCONN will show.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom