Fall Camp is Here- We did it | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp is Here- We did it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about lets return to winning. I don't care if it is run first, pass first or triple option just win baby.... just win.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
freescooter said:
In other words, a return to Edsallball.

Yes, but with more charisma and the occasional offensive completion to take the pressure off the running game. But wasn't that always the goal in his successor?

I was never under the delusion that we could run Pat White's offense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Optimistic here - mainly because it can't get much worse than last year . . . . (can it?)
oh god...don't say that... don't ever say that...
Worried-Face1.jpg

Reaction Score
Isn't he the guy that thought Maryland was such a "Dream Job" that he bailed on his team without even the decency to face the players man to man? Yeah lets return to that.
Not the guy. The style of play. Read what people are describing. Hard nosed defense, tough running game. Throw in a quarterback that is more runner than passer and you have Edsall's formula for success that everyone complained about until they saw what it can be like.

Reaction Score
Vertucci's system will feature Ron Johnson a 5'11" 230lb bruser with two tight ends and Bryant Shireffs (assuming he starts) at quarterback who was slated to be a fullback at NC State before he got here. IN 2011, Deleone's offense featured a 170 lb running back, Lyle McCombs up the middle on almost every play. I never could understand that! We also had Scott McCummings and the Wildcat but that seldom was effective either because it was way too telegraphed and my Grandmother could throw better than Scotty M.

I am believing that our power run game will be much improved this year!

Reaction Score
There is one thing our guys can do to give them an advantage, no one can take away from them.

Out work their opponents.

If they are in the shape we hope they are, then a smash mouth run game is the perfect plan.

I dream of the 4th quarters when teams knew we were going to run, but our guys were stronger at the end of the game.

As we all know the game is won in the trenches. Our DL should be fine. Here's hoping the OL does their part.

Reaction Score
Vertucci's system will feature Ron Johnson a 5'11" 230lb bruser with two tight ends and Bryant Shireffs (assuming he starts) at quarterback who was slated to be a fullback at NC State before he got here. IN 2011, Deleone's offense featured a 170 lb running back, Lyle McCombs up the middle on almost every play. I never could understand that! We also had Scott McCummings and the Wildcat but that seldom was effective either because it was way too telegraphed and my Grandmother could throw better than Scotty M.

I am believing that our power run game will be much improved this year!
But GDL had enough plays to wallpaper his office...what a LOSER he was!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But GDL had enough plays to wallpaper his office...what a LOSER he was!!!
Of course they all were a run up the middle, but by god there were a lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom