Fall Camp is Here- We did it | The Boneyard

Fall Camp is Here- We did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Well guys, here we are again. We somehow scratched and clawed our way through another off-season. I might be alone here but I'm feeling unreasonably enthusiastic about what this season will bring to the table. Players return to campus today and Bob Diaco has a press conference at 12 noon today to discuss the opening of fall camp. 27 days boys, get all your other obligations out of the way because it's almost time to proteCT the Rent!!!!

Reaction Score
These are easily the best 4 weeks of the season...you know, before the games get played and we get smacked in the face by reality.

That said, I am with the original poster. I am much more optimistic this season than ever before. I want to see a play-action fade to Noel Thomas on the first play of the season. Hit a home run out of the gate!

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Connor Freeborn ‏@cfreeborn11 2h2 hours ago
And I'm off! It was a nice little break in Delaware. Now I'm back to business. Excited for camp to start today #huskyup #uconncountry

Luke Sowa ‏@Luke_Sowa35 2h2 hours ago
Goodbye Jersey... I'm UConn bound

Garrett Anderson ‏@grsa94 4h4 hours ago
Gonna miss my girl like crazy these next 2 weeks

UConn Football ‏@UConnFootball 33m33 minutes ago
Coach Diaco holds a Reporting Day Press Conference today at noon..we will have Twitter coverage plus live on @periscopeco #work2win

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm always excited for a new season but I've been burned by elevated expectations (yes, I had those year 2 under PPGDL... last year too).

So... I'm hoping for improvement, but just gonna go to the games and try to enjoy them in the moment... because I have no clue how things are going to play out. Do we have an OL? A QB? An OC? No idea.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Connor Freeborn ‏@cfreeborn11 2h2 hours ago
And I'm off! It was a nice little break in Delaware. Now I'm back to business. Excited for camp to start today #huskyup #uconncountry

Luke Sowa ‏@Luke_Sowa35 2h2 hours ago
Goodbye Jersey... I'm UConn bound

Garrett Anderson ‏@grsa94 4h4 hours ago
Gonna miss my girl like crazy these next 2 weeks

UConn Football ‏@UConnFootball 33m33 minutes ago
Coach Diaco holds a Reporting Day Press Conference today at noon..we will have Twitter coverage plus live on @periscopeco #work2win
NOT what I want to hear from Garrett. Have fun sending in the play signals.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Someone should rig a camera (ala Highway Dept on pole) to a tree up ate the facility so we can watch practice....real time.

Reaction Score
I have this vision of Ron Johnson breaking through a hole and getting to the next tare of the defense with some of our OL bearing down on a LB. Chunk of 5-7 yards and defenses that are pretty worn out by the second half. It ain't sexy, but it will work. Big question is whether the OL has gotten big, strong and nasty enough for that.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I have this vision of Ron Johnson breaking through a hole and getting to the next tare of the defense with some of our OL bearing down on a LB. Chunk of 5-7 yards and defenses that are pretty worn out by the second half. It ain't sexy, but it will work. Big question is whether the OL has gotten big, strong and nasty enough for that.
Seeing them in person...the OL has some size.....but the nasty....not sure....yet.

Reaction Score
NOT what I want to hear from Garrett. Have fun sending in the play signals.

Actually that's exactly what I want him to say because they live together in their own place and if he's missing her that means he isn't home, if he isn't home I'm guessing he's putting in the work to turn this thing around!

Reaction Score
Edsall's approach is suddenly what everyone wants again!. I guess after 5 years of bad football pounding the ball and winning doesn't sound so boring.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Actually that's exactly what I want him to say because they live together in their own place and if he's missing her that means he isn't home, if he isn't home I'm guessing he's putting in the work to turn this thing around!
Yup, and I'm guessing she went back to Cali for 2 weeks so he can focus 100% on FB.

Reaction Score
Does this vision remind You of the Notre Dame beat down by the offensive line ?? ;)

Reaction Score
Edsall's approach is suddenly what everyone wants again!. I guess after 5 years of bad football pounding the ball and winning doesn't sound so boring.

I am a full fledged apologista. Could never understand why folks thought UCONN was going to have a steady stream of NFL QBs running through the program.

Then the stupid twins came along with a duck*ing playbook from Disney World and ran a flyweight back for 3 seasons.

Reaction Score
We're still undefeated. Let's keep it that way! Go Huskies!!!!!

Reaction Score
Optimistic here - mainly because it can't get much worse than last year . . . . (can it?) At any rate, will get a chance to see if Diaco's insanity finally translates to improvement on the field with a year under his belt.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Here is my checklist for the season

A well played win against Nova.
A convincing win against Army.
A respectable effort vs. Missou.
A win, any win vs. Navy.
A competitive effort vs. BYU.
A win, any win in the Civil ConFLiCT.
A well played win vs. USF.
A respectable effort vs. Cincy.
A win, any win vs. ECU.
A convincing win vs. Tulane.
A competitive effort vs. Houston.
A win, any win, vs. Temple.

To a lesser extent, because we're past moral victories meaning anything...

A strong, building toward dominant, running game. Some real F-U smash mouth type stuff. Left, right, middle, 1st down, 3rd down, 4th down, F-U we're running it and you can't stop us running.

More TD'S than INTs, 2:1 would be nice but less than 10 for the season is the mark I want to see.

A positive turnover margin and no lost fumbles from the RB's.

No consecutive three and out drives.

A top 30 defense that gives up fewer points in the 2nd half than its opponents.

A bowl game.

Reaction Score
"We're going inside of ‘em, we're going outside of ‘em -- inside of ‘em! outside of ‘em! -- and when we get them on the run once, we're going to keep ‘em on the run. And we're not going to pass unless their secondary comes up too close. But don't forget, men -- we're gonna get ‘em on the run, we're gonna go, go, go, go! -- and we aren't going to stop until we go over that goal line! And don't forget, men -- today is the day we're gonna win. They can't lick us -- and that's how it goes... The first platoon men -- go in there and fight, fight, fight, fight, fight! What do you say, men!"

Reaction Score
Nova, Army, UCF, USF, ECU, Tulane, Houston with the likelihood of losing at least one of those and leaving the Temple game to get us to 7 wins or not. Hoping for that to play out but gotta see the progress first.

Reaction Score
Here is my checklist for the season

A well played win against Nova.
A convincing win against Army.
A respectable effort vs. Missou.
A win, any win vs. Navy.
A competitive effort vs. BYU.
A win, any win in the Civil ConFLiCT.
A well played win vs. USF.
A respectable effort vs. Cincy.
A win, any win vs. ECU.
A convincing win vs. Tulane.
A competitive effort vs. Houston.
A win, any win, vs. Temple.

To a lesser extent, because we're past moral victories meaning anything...

A strong, building toward dominant, running game. Some real F-U smash mouth type stuff. Left, right, middle, 1st down, 3rd down, 4th down, F-U we're running it and you can't stop us running.

More TD'S than INTs, 2:1 would be nice but less than 10 for the season is the mark I want to see.

A positive turnover margin and no lost fumbles from the RB's.

No consecutive three and out drives.

A top 30 defense that gives up fewer points in the 2nd half than its opponents.

A bowl game.
In other words, a return to Edsallball.

Reaction Score
In other words, a return to Edsallball.
Isn't he the guy that thought Maryland was such a "Dream Job" that he bailed on his team without even the decency to face the players man to man? Yeah lets return to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom