Fagnano it is | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fagnano it is

Reaction Score
Saturday: "We will probably announce Monday"
Monday: "We will actually announce Wednesday"
Wednesday: "Practice cancelled, we will not be announcing QB1 today"
Also Wednesday: "Just kidding, here is a press release of the QB1!"

That is exactly what NOT to do in PR 101.
This isn’t true and you can mostly blame Arruda for this. The only things to come from mora were that the decision would be made by Monday. Said it would probably be announced before NCST. NEVER said when.

When they didn’t get an answer Monday, Arruda assumed that with the media availability on Wednesday, that would be the day. Maybe some equipment manager said something too

Wednesday comes and there’s no longer media availability, so he decided to tell everyone there’s no announcement coming today as if the media needs to be at Burton to announce the QB.

Reaction Score
Absolutely gutted here. I trust Mora, but I really wanted it to be Roberson or Turner. Either would seemingly offer us more than a year at the position, better dual threat options, and give us more hope for future growth. I very much hope to be proven wrong and that Fagnano shines against NCST.
Fagnano has 2 years and McDonald will be coming off his redshirt to compete. I wouldn't worry about it

Reaction Score
I follow Maine closely - Fagnano was a huge loss and he is going to be good for us (UConn). He had zero time against BC and UNM so I wouldn’t put stock in those numbers.

He is a steady, consistent presence and he doesn’t force throws. He will be an average FBS QB IMHO, which is a huge step forward in the last decade of UConn football. I get he has to prove himself but I’ll stick my neck out and say he will do just that.
If he can be an average FBS QB then we will win a lot of games this year.

Reaction Score
Fagnano has 2 years and McDonald will be coming off his redshirt to compete. I wouldn't worry about it
Really? How does a four year starter from Maine have two additional years? I get the covid year is one.

Reaction Score
If he can be an average FBS QB then we will win a lot of games this year.

I'm going on record and saying I think people will be surprised. People here are upset because of FCS and stats and an awful spring game and nothing else to evaluate Fagnano on.. but watch the BC game and all the news I've heard from those who saw practice ... He was by far the best QB and heading into this fall camp vs. our former season starter he kept it close... and apparently passed him ...that means something.

Reaction Score
This isn’t true and you can mostly blame Arruda for this. The only things to come from mora were that the decision would be made by Monday. Said it would probably be announced before NCST. NEVER said when.

When they didn’t get an answer Monday, Arruda assumed that with the media availability on Wednesday, that would be the day. Maybe some equipment manager said something too

Wednesday comes and there’s no longer media availability, so he decided to tell everyone there’s no announcement coming today as if the media needs to be at Burton to announce the QB.
absolutely. in the tweet he said he expected it to be announced not that it was going to be.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
wasn't really too impressed with him watching some of the games he played, but he can be a solid QB, this is the most talented roster he's stepping up into.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
All I know is people were excited as hell for the kid from West Florida too and then he got here and we almost lost to Wagner

Reaction Score
First reaction is surprise that it isn't Roberson. I don't know much of anything about Fagnano but if Mora's going with him over TR and even Zion (struggled as a frosh but got a year of playing time under his belt), then I'll trust Mora & Charlton's decision on this.

Reaction Score
I'm a basketball guy, but criticizing a coach's personnel decisions is a silly thing to do 90% of the time in my experience. We just don't have the information to make that call. Mora has been in every practice evaluating these guys with his, what, 35 years of coaching experience?

And fans who saw a few tweets from 3 open practices and a spring game think they have enough information to criticize. Good grief.

Reaction Score
I'm a basketball guy, but criticizing a coach's personnel decisions is a silly thing to do 90% of the time in my experience. We just don't have the information to make that call. Mora has been in every practice evaluating these guys with his, what, 35 years of coaching experience?

And fans who saw a few tweets from 3 open practices and a spring game think they have enough information to criticize. Good grief.
Can you pin posts on the boneyard? If so, this^^^

Reaction Score
I was thinking TR was the starter by all reports, but Charlton knows Fagnano and Mora has made great decisions so far.

Reaction Score

It's like you don't know us at all any more.

Reaction Score
Absolutely gutted here. I trust Mora, but I really wanted it to be Roberson or Turner. Either would seemingly offer us more than a year at the position, better dual threat options, and give us more hope for future growth. I very much hope to be proven wrong and that Fagnano shines against NCST.
Gutted! Oh my,but you trust Mora , then trust him

Reaction Score

Help<

->And it’s a safe bet this decision isn’t etched in stone. Roberson and Turner are in the wings, should there be injury or underperformance at the position.

But we do know, earlier than usual, the identity of UConn’s opening night starter. It took a while, a little drama, an interesting couple of hours to get there, but there is this, people are interested in UConn football now. A little drama doesn’t hurt. <-

Reaction Score
I don't love this decision, but we've got to figure that regardless our QB situation will be better than last year. Worst case scenario we've got Zion with another year of experience and growth. Fagnano was abysmal in the spring showcase, but I'lll chalk it up to an off day.

Reaction Score
I am surprised and was a bit alarmed but trust our coach to make the right decision

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom