Explain your avatar | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Explain your avatar

Reaction Score
Fishy invited me to a Men’s bball practice (Thanks again!). I watched the practice with my daughter and one of her roommates from the UConn Women’s bball team, which improved my seating. They invited me onto the floor after practice and I was able to take one free throw, and yes I made it!

Reaction Score
Fishy invited me to a Men’s bball practice (Thanks again!). I watched the practice with my daughter and one of her roommates from the UConn Women’s bball team, which improved my seating. They invited me onto the floor after practice and I was able to take one free throw, and yes I made it!
Free throw, or a jump shot?

In time this thread will be very confusing as people change their avatars. Who doesn't change their avatar from time to time?

Reaction Score
AI spit out the deep blue circle with the I. Well it looks like an I to me. So, I'm not one for figuring out how to make an Avatar. So, I tried to figure out what I do with the letter.

When I thought about it, I realized that when I am at a gathering with quiet, uncommunicative people, and the silence gets maddening, I start asking them real personal questions from the top of my head (unplanned) and they react. Some tell their life stories and others resent the questions.

So, I "improvise" when I come out of nowhere with my questions. Nothing thought out beforehand.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Pork chops baby

If I couldve found a pic of BG doing the big ballin dance from when he was on the bulls I would’ve had that as my pic

Reaction Score
Mines a white husky, which some posters seem to believe doesn’t exist.
I loved the white husky, he looked happy and friendly. Im even okay with the new Jonathan. I just cannot stand the new image of the husky and refuse to buy any memorabilia with that image on it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I loved the white husky, he looked happy and friendly. Im even okay with the new Jonathan. I just cannot stand the new image of the husky and refuse to buy any memorabilia with that image on it.
To me it’s mostly about tradition and branding. No other team has a white husky as a mascot, but many have a gray and white husky. With the exception of the first Jonathan in this most recent incarnation everyone over the past 80 or so years have been white. It just made zero sense to give up on that.

And yes the mascot we’ve had for years is a white husky, and that’s a real dog.

Reaction Score
780B3EB0-42BF-4255-AD60-7224F5ECB35B.jpeg
Even if you officially see the floor for a total of one solitary minute during your UConn career, you shouldn’t be forgotten….

Reaction Score
I chose the Old Jonathan Logo because of the necessity of choosing an Avatar to set up an account, This thread made me think about that choice, and I decided to change it to one of my all time favorite characters and heroes!

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Pretty self-explanatory Boneyard Brewery located in Bend Oregon. Great beers!
My UConn roommate moved to Bend in 2012. Crazy beer town. And a UConn football fan just got created, Jim Mora's brother lives in Bend. I'll be there watching the Big East tournament, skiing Bachelor and drinking beer in March. PS spent a night in Brookings on my last trip out when we did the Redwoods, caves and Crater Lake.

Reaction Score
To me it’s mostly about tradition and branding. No other team has a white husky as a mascot, but many have a gray and white husky. With the exception of the first Jonathan in this most recent incarnation everyone over the past 80 or so years have been white. It just made zero sense to give up on that.

And yes the mascot we’ve had for years is a white husky, and that’s a real dog.
I just got my calendar in the mail so we still have the Husky in all its glory.

jonathan.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think it’s pretty obvious. The first of 4. I still have a T shirt with this logo, even if I couldn’t get it on my body.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom