Even with two injuries this is embarrasing and deflating | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Even with two injuries this is embarrasing and deflating

Reaction Score
In truth I think Ollie looks for athleticism over developed skills, believing he can teach the skills but not the athleticism. What he is missing is that the skills are a form of athleticism.
If you had to put players into one category or the other, I would say Jackson, Vital, Durham, Enoch, Polley, and Carlton all fit into the skills category over the athleticism category, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Reaction Score
If you had to put players into one category or the other, I would say Jackson, Vital, Durham, Enoch, Polley, and Carlton all fit into the skills category over the athleticism category, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
I wouldn't agree in Durham as he is still coming off injury. He was very athletic from the high school videos before the injuries. Hopefully by the end of this year we will see that. I do agree on the rest though Polley does seem to have some good hop in his step.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score

Enoch has no skills but he is huge and can move a little. Vital, decidedly a hustler, can't dribble or shoot for a guy his size. Carlton I haven't seen. Jackson is 6'8 who has yet to show me he can shoot or dribble or rebound when it counts. Durham has two bad knees so it is hard to tell. Purvis, Brimah, Facey are not skill guys. DHam had skills but was inconsistent. Skill guy: Start with Ernie D. and work your way down.

Reaction Score
Enoch has no skills but he is huge and can move a little. Vital, decidedly a hustler, can't dribble or shoot for a guy his size. Carlton I haven't seen. Jackson is 6'8 who has yet to show me he can shoot or dribble or rebound when it counts. Durham has two bad knees so it is hard to tell. Purvis, Brimah, Facey are not skill guys. DHam had skills but was inconsistent. Skill guy: Start with Ernie D. and work your way down.
What are you even talking about here? What they've done in college is irrelevant, because you were talking about what KO looks for in a recruit.

Vital and Jackson were billed as good shooters, not great athletes. No one talked about Hamilton as a great athlete in high school, but rather a guy with good all around skills. The perception of Carlton and Polley is that they have more skill than great athleticism. Enoch is definitely more skilled than athletic. I've watched him make turn around hooks with either hand, but his foot speed is poor. Durham has two bad knees so you can't look at video and see he was incredibly skilled in high school?

Maybe stick to your takes about how we need more white guys.

Reaction Score
What he is missing is that the skills are a form of athleticism.

Only if words have no meaning is that an accurate statement.

And if you're really trying to say Ollie recruited Vance for his athleticism I think you should just stick to Stormfront.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
What are you even talking about here? What they've done in college is irrelevant, because you were talking about what KO looks for in a recruit.

Vital and Jackson were billed as good shooters, not great athletes. No one talked about Hamilton as a great athlete in high school, but rather a guy with good all around skills. The perception of Carlton and Polley is that they have more skill than great athleticism. Enoch is definitely more skilled than athletic. I've watched him make turn around hooks with either hand, but his foot speed is poor. Durham has two bad knees so you can't look at video and see he was incredibly skilled in high school?

Maybe stick to your takes about how we need more white guys.

Enoch can't put the ball in the basket standing all alone under it.
If Vital and Jackson are the skill guys, then we have guys who are neither skilled nor athletic. Boatright and Bazz were skill guys. Compare them to Vital.
Compare Jackson to Ray Allen, another skill guy. Durham may be both like Adams and Larrier, hopefully.
In the end, Ollie needs help in recruiting. This why pro teams have scouts, GM's and coaches. It is very hard for anyone to do it all.

I'm sorry if you disapprove of the Larry Birds, Jerry Wests and John Stocktons of the world.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Only if words have no meaning is that an accurate statement.

And if you're really trying to say Ollie recruited Vance for his athleticism I think you should just stick to Stormfront.
Jackson looks like another mistake to me. His release is too low and his windup gives two steps to any defender. He may pan out in his last year. And don't pick out one guy out of 25 to make your case.

Reaction Score
If Vital and Jackson are the skill guys, then we have guys who are neither skilled nor athletic. Boatright and Bazz were skill guys. Compare them to Vital.
Compare Jackson to Ray Allen, another skill guy. Durham may be both like Adams and Larrier, hopefully.
In the end, Ollie needs help in recruiting. This why pro teams have scouts, GM's and coaches. It is very hard for anyone to do it all.

I'm sorry if you disapprove of the Larry Birds, Jerry Wests and John Stocktons of the world.
I disagree on Enoch as he can post up and go with both his left and right hand and score. Unfortunately he is in a slump right now maybe due to the limited minutes he is getting. The problem with Enoch is that he can't stay on the court long enough to get out of his shooting slump since his defense sucks.

Reaction Score
It was embarrassing and deflating after Wagner. That may have been the whole season. They are not any better now, Wagner probably still beats them.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I disagree on Enoch as he can post up and go with both his left and right hand and score. Unfortunately he is in a slump right now maybe due to the limited minutes he is getting. The problem with Enoch is that he can stay on the court long enough to get out of his shooting slump since his defense sucks.

What are you guys smoking?

Let's see: Ewing, Alcinder, Lattner, Walton, Akeem, Russel, Duncan and Enoch.

I see it now.

Reaction Score

Your original point was that Ollie is prioritizing athleticism over skill in recruiting, and now you've changed that into Ollie just doesn't recruit good enough players.

Good talk.

Reaction Score
What are you guys smoking?

Let's see: Ewing, Alcinder, Lattner, Walton, Akeem, Russel, Duncan and Enoch.

I see it now.
Way to stretch skill level. I just said he had some good offensive moves. I was never making him out to be a future hall of famer. He definitely came into college with some offensive moves but unfortunately he isn't too athletic and he sucks on defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom