Even with two injuries this is embarrasing and deflating | The Boneyard

Even with two injuries this is embarrasing and deflating

Reaction Score
I just do not recognize Uconn out there. Teams lose players all year--we have some adversity. But weve had plenty of tight games we couldve won with a tighter floor game and another level of energy. The beat downs have been ridiculous--weve come back a tad in couple of them. The pride the intelligence the fundamentals are severely lacking. When has anyone seen this in the last 30 years?

What I think the remedy short term is.

I think we need to broaden our talent search and include many foreign countries. Our recruiting needs more strategy. I hate saying this but has Kevin Ollie recruited even one white person? I think diversity of players --just like life is important. We need more basketball IQ out there--more passing more energy and smarter better play.

Right now we are an Amida Brimah hook shot miss away from being a train wreck. Im a loyal fan--just want to see the best--not for selfish reasons but I take pride in my states team for everyone. Of course we can be reasonable about injuries and roster depletion but we should have more than enough to be better than this level.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I hate saying this but has Kevin Ollie recruited even one white person?

This will be good.

stephen-colbert-popcorn-gif.jpg

Reaction Score
All I can say is Jim Calhoun would never accept the energy level out there with this team. How KO can not be getting on these' kids is incomprehensible.

Also, why not play some of the walk-ons for a few minutes? Hell at least they will come out with more energy.

Reaction Score
I just do not recognize Uconn out there. Teams lose players all year--we have some adversity. But weve had plenty of tight games we couldve won with a tighter floor game and another level of energy. The beat downs have been ridiculous--weve come back a tad in couple of them. The pride the intelligence the fundamentals are severely lacking. When has anyone seen this in the last 30 years?

I think we need to broaden our talent search and include many foreign countries. Our recruiting needs more strategy. I hate saying this but has Kevin Ollie recruited even one white person? I think diversity of players --just like life is important. We need more basketball IQ out there--more passing more energy and smarter better play.

Right now we are an Amida Brimah hook shot miss away from being a train wreck. Im a loyal fan--just want to see the best--not for selfish reasons but I take pride in my states team for everyone. Of course we can be reasonable about injuries and roster depletion but we should have more than enough to be better than this level.

Are you okay? You need to post your phone number so we can reach out. This is as close to a suicidal type post and totally unexpected from you. There is hope My Man and UConn basketball certainly ain't done, there are extenuating circumstances this and this team is exhausted (i.e. completely fatigued) consequently creating all types of performance problems.

Ollie is in despair with limited resources and solutions. Just cheer them on and wait until next year it won't be like this forever.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Race is irrelevant. We need to have our recruiting staff be able to project players from the high school game into the college game. To recognize their court awareness and basketball smarts. And while some of those recruits may come from the McD AA game, there are ... ahem ... notable exceptions. Every recruit needs to be able to shoot consistently when open from 12-15 feet, and half of them need to be able to shoot from 3.

Reaction Score

Dude, is that really a selfie of you flexing in your avatar?

Reaction Score
I hate saying this but has Kevin Ollie recruited even one white person? We need more basketball IQ out there--more passing more energy and smarter better play.

I missed this the first read. What are you implying? Never mind its obvious. Shameful post Scrappy!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I hate saying this but has Kevin Ollie recruited even one white person? I think diversity of players --just like life is important. We need more basketball IQ out there--more passing more energy and smarter better play.
Are you kidding me?
So white players are smarter, better passers, more energetic?
How much did you drink before posting this?
JC was one stepback ankle breaking jump shot miss away from a real crappy year but won #3, thanks to the work that a guy named KO did with someone named Kemba
Did you happen to hear what Jay Williams said about KO and UConn after the game? If not, see if you can find it and listen carefully

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Are you okay? You need to post your phone number so we can reach out. This is as close to a suicidal type post and totally unexpected from you. There is hope My Man and UConn basketball certainly ain't done, there are extenuating circumstances this and this team is exhausted (i.e. completely fatigued) consequently creating all types of performance problems.

Ollie is in despair with limited resources and solutions. Just cheer them on and wait until next year it won't be like this forever.

This game was the first where I'm considering it's more than just the limited resources.

Memphis basically played four guys all game. Two had 39 minutes, two played 36. Only Rivers sat for any length of time and he was in foul trouble both halves. Memphis had 26 minutes from the bench.

Purv and Adams played 40. Bench played 40. Yes, we could use a 2nd ballhandler. But that can't be the only problem.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
When has anyone seen this in the last 30 years?

Right now we are an Amida Brimah hook shot miss away from being a train wreck.

1) it's the people that have been around for 30 years that are distraught, the newbies really don't know better (oh no I didn't, chill kids, you're young and that's a good thing)

2) we are not one shot away from being a train wreck, we are a train wreck

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Someone else said it the other day, this team has become accustomed to losing. UConn losing games to AAC caliber teams as of late is not even newsworthy anymore, and it shows.

Reaction Score
This game was the first where I'm considering it's more than just the limited resources.

Memphis basically played four guys all game. Two had 39 minutes, two played 36. Only Rivers sat for any length of time and he was in foul trouble both halves. Memphis had 26 minutes from the bench.

Purv and Adams played 40. Bench played 40. Yes, we could use a 2nd ballhandler. But that can't be the only problem.

Memphis is not untalented though. The Lawsons and Markell were all good gets. The bigger problem is the inability to play tough D on their 3 point shooters, and also not to cut off their point guard.

Reaction Score

Promise you won't make your preseason prediction next year of half the UConn roster getting drafted?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I can't believe there are 4 likes for this post. What is wrong with this board?

Reaction Score
Dude, is that really a selfie of you flexing in your avatar?

I'm more of a bench / squat / dead / clean guy myself but that peak needs work. Maybe mix in some concentration curls.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
There's already some degree of diversity. Brimah is from Ghana and Facey is from Jamaica. I don't think that has much to do with our struggles though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom