EURO 2016 | The Boneyard

EURO 2016

Reaction Score
One week till kickoff in France. Might as well have an official thread for the tournament. The third-place advance rule is gonna make group by group predictions tough so I'll just give you my final four and champion.
SF 1: POR > ESP
SF 2: FRA > BEL
Final: France over Portugal

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Glad you started this...was gonna do the same!

I'm pulling for Wales. They got a tough group but I think they can move to the knockout rounds. Also pulling for Iceland!

Reaction Score
Can't wait. Group E looks like a beast.

Group A: France, Switzerland, Romania, Albania
Group B: England, Wales, Russia, Slovakia
Group C: Germany, Ukraine, N. Ireland, Poland
Group D: Spain, Croatia, Czech Rep, Turkey
Group E: Belgium, Italy, Sweden, Ireland
Group F: Portugal, Austria, Iceland, Hungary

Jumping past round of 16, I think the QF's will be:
Spain v Switzerland
England v Portugal
France v Wales
Germany v Belgium

SF's will be
Spain v England
France v Germany

And France over England to win it on home soil.

Reaction Score
Trying to figure out who to follow in this. Would love to see England have fail calamitously.

Reaction Score
I don't think I'll get much work done over the next couple of weeks... I'll be pulling for Germany and Ireland as usual, but I really don't see any clear cut favorites like in the past.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Trying to figure out who to follow in this. Would love to see England have fail calamitously.
Zoo do you follow any European club teams?? I know you're a huge KC fan but wasn't sure if you just watch European soccer games or root/pull for any team? Curious because my love of Swansea is what's driving my Euro interest.

I'm pulling for Wales because I'm a fan of their whole story and because of Swansea. Same thing for Iceland. Gotta cheer for Siggy!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Well a West Brom supporter should be on Northern Ireland....

Reaction Score
France has looked good as of late as painful as it is to say such. Germany always shows-up for the big tournaments. England always chokes in the big tournaments. That guy for Real has yet to show that he can come through for Portugal on a big stage. Italy brings out its Academy award winning performances for the big Tournaments, so it is up to the 3 blind mice to determine how far they get. Belgium needs a good run to show that its young talent can meld into a good team for the 2018 World Cup and the same with Switzerland. Should be fun.

Reaction Score
If Krychowiak is healthy don't overlook my Poles!!! He's probably more key to their potential success than Lewandowski. They could get out of the group by defeating Northern Ireland and Ukraine ... they already beat Germany once in qualifying. They're finally beginning to build a little depth around Lewandowski with players from a number of top flight European Leagues. Glik, Grosicki, Blaczykowski, Milik, Piszczek, Fabianski, ....

Reaction Score
Peyet with a sick goal to earn France the first 3 points of the tourney

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If Krychowiak is healthy don't overlook my Poles!!! He's probably more key to their potential success than Lewandowski. They could get out of the group by defeating Northern Ireland and Ukraine ... they already beat Germany once in qualifying. They're finally beginning to build a little depth around Lewandowski with players from a number of top flight European Leagues. Glik, Grosicki, Blaczykowski, Milik, Piszczek, Fabianski, ....
Poland can get to the semis if they're lucky. Their path to the quarterfinals at least is favorable.

Reaction Score
Already a fan of Wales. Their fans are so passionate and can sing like a choir.

Reaction Score
Zoo do you follow any European club teams?? I know you're a huge KC fan but wasn't sure if you just watch European soccer games or root/pull for any team? Curious because my love of Swansea is what's driving my Euro interest.

I'm pulling for Wales because I'm a fan of their whole story and because of Swansea. Same thing for Iceland. Gotta cheer for Siggy!

I really enjoyed Wales today. The little teams should be really entertaining in this one.

Reaction Score
Typical English side, game in hand, squander 3 pts in the final moments. LOL
Change some names, players and coaches alike, same ol' Engerland.

Pre-, during, and post-match, same ol' Russkie ultras with some local gangs and some typical, drunken English chavs acting up and sadly many more, likely for more innocent English supporters.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Scratching my head on why they didn't sub in Vardy for Sterling at half. Sterling butchered more counter attacks in one game than most do in a whole tournament. Vardy's pace and goal scorer mentality would have created more problems.And Kane, I love ya but pay attention to where the deepest defender is and stay onside.

Nice goal by Dier.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Vardy off the bench in the 2nd half should be a no-brainer.

Reaction Score
Too bad you can't host a tourney Europe without having political nonsense and violence, really sad.

Reaction Score
Too bad you can't host a tourney Europe without having political nonsense and violence, really sad.
Europe? How much political nonsense and violence occurred during 2012 Poland/ Ukraine? Or, the World Cup in Germany? Maybe, just maybe more accurate facts were French (strikes, gangs teaming up with drunken ultranationalist Russkies), Russia qualifying, too much booze, some English chavs, hooligans, and other drunks yet more far more innocent Englishmen victimized by Russkie and French trash. Get the facts ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom