EURO 2016 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

EURO 2016

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wow, what an odd bracket for the group of 16. UEFA EURO 2016 knockout stage schedule - UEFA EURO - News - UEFA.com

Either Wales or N. Ireland is through to the round of 8.

Either Italy or Spain is going home, and the winner probably gets Germany.

Possible France - England or Ireland - England match in the next round is intriguing, so the English will likely blow it by losing to Iceland.

Reaction Score
Poland over the Swiss - I underestimated Poland pre-tournament, they've been one of the better sides. This is a great match up tho, both teams playing well.
Croatia over Portugal - Croatia is the better team, Portugal has the better players.
Wales over N Ireland - tough one to pick, but being part Welsh.. come on you dragons
Belgium over Hungary - Hungary has been a really solid team, but Belgium has talent all over the field. I think they put it together in this game
Germany over Slovakia - The Hun always seem to coast thru qualifying, and then turn up the heat during the knockout stages
Italy over Spain - Toss up. Both teams have lost a game they shouldn't have, but Italy has been better so far this tournament
France over Ireland - I picked France to win it all pre-tournament, sticking with it (would love to see Ireland pull off the upset though)
England over Iceland - Walker, Rose, Dier, Alli, and Kane will put it to Iceland

This sets up a QF of:
Croatia v Poland - Croatia
Belgium v Wales - Belgium
Germany v Italy - Germany
France v England - France

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Poland over the Swiss - I underestimated Poland pre-tournament, they've been one of the better sides. This is a great match up tho, both teams playing well.
Croatia over Portugal - Croatia is the better team, Portugal has the better players.
Wales over N Ireland - tough one to pick, but being part Welsh.. come on you dragons
Belgium over Hungary - Hungary has been a really solid team, but Belgium has talent all over the field. I think they put it together in this game
Germany over Slovakia - The Hun always seem to coast thru qualifying, and then turn up the heat during the knockout stages
Italy over Spain - Toss up. Both teams have lost a game they shouldn't have, but Italy has been better so far this tournament
France over Ireland - I picked France to win it all pre-tournament, sticking with it (would love to see Ireland pull off the upset though)
England over Iceland - Walker, Rose, Dier, Alli, and Kane will put it to Iceland

This sets up a QF of:
Croatia v Poland - Croatia
Belgium v Wales - Belgium
Germany v Italy - Germany
France v England - France

I agree on every single game. Spain v Italy is a toss up.

Reaction Score
Poland will advance to the Final Four, I have faith. Lewandowski and Milik will finally feliver goals.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree with many of your picks SAMCRO. My only difference might be that I could see Wales beating Belgium. I have yet to be convinced that Belgium are a real team and not just 11 studs playing soccer on the same side. It was the same story in the World Cup two years ago. Wales has really gelled and they can beat Belgium. First they need to beat N. Ireland.

Gonna be some solid games!

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Hungary. Or I at least want to see former Sporting KC forward Krisztian Nemeth score one of his Golazos.

Reaction Score
Other than blasting a penalty kick wide left, Suisse appeared to outplay Polska especially in the 2nd half.

Do boju Polsko. Polska, bialo czerwoni!
(Go Poland. Poland, white red!)

Reaction Score
Funny how the two brackets ended up so lopsided.

Historical results make it look that way ... but current form make it a little more balanced. I think I'd much rather be facing England instead of Croatia.

Reaction Score
Other than blasting a penalty kick wide left, Suisse appeared to outplay Polska especially in the 2nd half.

Do boju Polsko. Polska, bialo czerwoni!
(Go Poland. Poland, white red!)

Jeszcze Polska nie zginęła!!!!

Very perplexing that Poland totally parked the bus in the 2nd half ... and what was with Nawalka waiting so long to sub? Good to have 3 very dependable goalies!!

Reaction Score
Historical results make it look that way ... but current form make it a little more balanced. I think I'd much rather be facing England instead of Croatia.
Croatia is probably playing the best in that group

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
LOL and just like that, Croatia goes down.

And Portugal looked stronger throughout. Their defense surprised me, it was very solid.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Italy vs Spain in 30 minutes. Fire up ESPN 3

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Italy looking quite strong. The usual Italian defense, and a very quick strike offense.

Reaction Score
Spanish tiki taka not looking so hot against 5 man back line. Spain has completed like 500 meaningless passes.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Spanish tiki taka not looking so hot against 5 man back line. Spain has completed like 500 meaningless passes.

And Italy transitions from defense to offense faster than anyone I've watched in either tournament. Without that slow build/short pass approach, the Spanish are struggling to get back. It's a style I wish the U.S. would play more. Spanish keeper is the only reason it isn't 3-0

Reaction Score
Italy looked good. Great counter attack. DeGea made some big saves to keep it closer than it really was, and Buffon had some nice saves down the stretch too when it was still 1-0. Italy v Germany makes for a great quarter-final.

One to grow on (for the gamblers)... Germany has never beaten Italy in a competitive match.

Reaction Score
First 20 minutes of England- Iceland has been entertaining. England is playing really tight/anxious, and Iceland is playing like they don't give a F! Hart let in a weak goal on the 2nd one.

Reaction Score
This will be the last time Hart is in goal for England.

Reaction Score
LOL at England, they had 70% of the possession and a couple dozen scoring opportunities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom