ESPN's image killing agenda | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN's image killing agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes. The state should pressure ESPN to the point that Uconn wins even if that means that ESPN leaves the state and thousands lose jobs. Because at least the BY would be happy. Which is really the only thing that matters.

Reaction Score
Another month, another thread blaming ESPN for a uconn problem.

Reaction Score
This thread is about on the same level of lunacy as the Obama generating Ebola argument
Wait....you mean Ebola wasn't really generated by Obama? So, that means Donald Trump is the most trustworthy man in America? Come on.......

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
How many games does @tduconn think we're supposed to be favored to win? Honest question.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
ESPN will toot UConn's horn loud and clear when they deserve it but you got to win a few that your not supposed to. That gets attention. That gets you on Sports Center, not losing to USF, SMU and Army. Beat BYU and Mizzou. That's a guaranteed ticket to Sports Center.

Pffft.

They'll just call them the 'upsets of the century' or something, toss out a few back-handed compliments and then start shopping Diaco to every open 'P5' gig.

Whoopty-doo...

Reaction Score
ESPN helps the students so much. When I was there we locked down some internship spots which are some of the most sought after nation wide. UConn had guaranteed spots. That is how molly qerim got on tv.

Reaction Score
Pffft.

They'll just call them the 'upsets of the century' or something, toss out a few back-handed compliments and then start shopping Diaco to every open 'P5' gig.

Whoopty-doo...
No, that is BD's agent who will be telling ESPN that his guy is a hot commodity which they will then talk up.

And if that is happening, then Uconn is relevant again and this board will be having a meltdown for some over losing the best coach ever while others will tell you he has reached his limit and we just need someone new to get to the next level. And then BD will use that leverage to sign a long term contract with Uconn. And the whiners will cry and rah rahs will rejoice.

Reaction Score
Many have remarked , or suggested, how ESPN may be going "out of its way" not to help UConn.

Saw their ESPN College football preview in which they suggest UConn's chances of winning AAC title is less than 1%.

The chances of beating any of our opponents, outside of Villanova, is less than 30%, and some odds are far worse than that.

Of course UConn has no one worth mentioning among elite AAC players.

I don't see why our Governor goes out of his way monetarily to keep them in the state, when in return ESPN basically "spits" on the State's most valuable commodity.

Don't want to upset any one, but I've become very...to put it in politically correct language, annoyed.

More bulletin board material if you ask me.. They did it to us before... Let's kick a** then take names (on ESPN) later at season's end when we're bowling... I really feel that we didn't really show anybody anything last year because we were too busy evaluating what we had to work with... We have enough talent on this squad to beat our fair share of teams on this schedule.. If we show any (any) improvement on offense, in terms of ball control, and converting 5 more first downs a game (which should happen), our win total triples with a possible extra W...

Reaction Score
oh, btw, quick reminder guys... remember this, ESPN is a HUGE part of that billion dollar industry they call FBS Football.. If we're not a program generating guaranteed millions then we're pretty much irrelevant..

Reaction Score
Uconn football is unwatchable.. that last season was one of the worst I have ever witnessed. Some of those home games made me want to cry. Which if I hadn't been enjoying my tailgate so much beforehand I would have. So there really isn't anything positive ESPN can say anyway. Other then there is a football team in CT and they may or may not play on Saturday. Depends if the coach needs more practice time or not. However ESPN should allow those free tours to visiting recruits. I don't see how that is an issue :) or at least you get them free when you go to the university....

Reaction Score
Did ESPN want to kill the Big East? Highly probable. Did/do they want to kill UConn? Highly unlikely.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how anyone can objectively look at this team right now and expect anything in terms of wins. It's a hard sell to get talented players here and things were absolutely destroyed under Pasqualoni. If things are going to be fixed, it's going to take a few years and a couple of unexpected recruiting coups to do it.

Reaction Score
I totally agree however we should be able to out recruit Villanova and beat them... which I highly doubt we can do. We were barely able to beat Stony Brook last year. We probably would be a 500 team in FCS if we were lucky

Reaction Score
I would say ESPN hasn't gone out of their way to help us in CR, and some of their on-air personnel had their own bias against us. But we have to stop underperforming on the FB field. Basketball has and will continue to hold form under Ollie and company but FB has been a train wreck. ESPN, CBS, NBC FOX whoever are looking to maximize revenue and build THEIR brand not ours. If it makes sense to devalue a conference in order to cut costs and build up other assets that's what they'll do because it's not a charity it's a business.

We need to overperform to change the narrative. No more anemic offense, musical chairs at QB or losses to schools we should beat. And we need some statement wins. We can't cry about our recruiting or conference because nobody else cares. And we need to continue to build relationships within the athletic and academic institutions we would consider our peers for the long-term. When the next scramble occurs we need to be positioned as a natural fit without the baggage of mediocrity or sanctions or ongoing personal and political animosity. That's how we get from here to there.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
ESPN will toot UConn's horn loud and clear when they deserve it but you got to win a few that your not supposed to. That gets attention. That gets you on Sports Center, not losing to USF, SMU and Army. Beat BYU and Mizzou. That's a guaranteed ticket to Sports Center.
EXACTLY... Anyone remember back in the days when we were in the BE going to bowls every year... We were mentioned in the national conversation! You have to win to be included. Why do they talk about Bosie State, even tho they are in the Mtn. West (a non-P5 conference)? Because they win, consistantly. Diaco will get this ship turned around and back in the right direction. I don't buy into the odds makers who don't know this team, or follow it's progression and roster like we all do here on the BY. My prediction is 6-6... Anything less than going bowling this December is a failure IMO for this team. 33.5 underdogs to Missouri may be the truth however...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom