ESPN- UConn matters | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ESPN- UConn matters

Reaction Score
Must be selective when they use the rankings and when it doesn't.

View attachment 80636

The article you link to is actually sourced from the Associated Press... so yes the AP uses their own rankings (ESPN contracts with the AP to post their recaps, it doesn't produce its own game recap content). ESPN's scoreboard and other college football pages switch to the CFP ranking data once they are released (they are one of the polls earlier in the season).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am convinced Meghan had never watched a football game before this season. And Fauria isn't much better which is saying something considering he played football.
You guys make me glad I can't really hear the play by play. She is a Canadian, so maybe American football is foreign to her. Fauria is a nice enough guy, used to see him all the time, his kids went to school with mine (Tedy Bruschi too).

Reaction Score
She had no clue the game ended on that play. That's one where Fauria should've stepped in and announced that just sealed the win for UConn. My guess is the guy is walking on eggshells.
People aren’t being fair to him. He is in an impossible position. Most likely some suit at CBS thought it would be great to have the first black female doing football play by play without testing her out (and as I’ve said, she was hired mostly for hoops and I’ve heard her do hoops and she is competent). So Fauria showing her up is showing up a suit, and I’m sure he knows how that will go for him.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
People aren’t being fair to him. He is in an impossible position. Most likely some suit at CBS thought it would be great to have the first black female doing football play by play without testing her out (and as I’ve said, she was hired mostly for hoops and I’ve heard her do hoops and she is competent). So Fauria showing her up is showing up a suit, and I’m sure he knows how that will go for him.
I thought Kara Lawson did some college football games. She’s knowledgeable because she played LB and RB in football as a kid. But being head coach at Duke makes her unavailable, unfortunately, since she’s a terrific announcer. She’s also friendly to UConn even though she did graduate from Tennessee

• Played linebacker and running back for the Fairfax County Football League, led her squad in rushing, scoring and interceptions.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Dave Hale is a certified tool. He went out of his way to diminish the win. Cheap shot the program. Cheap shot Mora. Cheap shot the quality of play. Fact is we just beat No. 19. So, go… yourself.
Seriously, at least UConn is relevant and people are talking about the program

1668449125616.jpeg

Reaction Score
Black? yes
Female? yes
Competent? no

“Two Outta Three Ain’t Bad”…Meat Loaf

Reaction Score
There are women who would be competent play by play callers. She is not one. You really need to have a basic understanding of the game. Honestly you don’t need to be an expert. But you can’t be that clueless. You need to know the basics. I hoped she would improve over the season. Didn’t happen. I keep expecting her to say Rue hits the 3 on field goals, and Zion Turner will be shooting 1 and one after a penalty.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There are women who would be competent play by play callers. She is not one. You really need to have a basic understanding of the game. Honestly you don’t need to be an expert. But you can’t be that clueless. You need to know the basics. I hoped she would improve over the season. Didn’t happen. I keep expecting her to say Rue hits the 3 on field goals, and Zion Turner will be shooting 1 and one after a penalty.
I think you could walk into any sorority in SEC country and come up with somebody who knows football better than Megahn seems to. There's really excuse for it. Plenty of women have followed football all of their lives. Most of them aren't Canadian basketball players.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think you could walk into any sorority in SEC country and come up with somebody who knows football better than Megahn seems to. There's really excuse for it. Plenty of women have followed football all of their lives. Most of them aren't Canadian basketball players.
There are plenty of working and non-working sideline reporters who would take the gig, too. Even several local beat reporters/TV personalities.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I posit that UConn games ARE her test. There were 15,000 people in the stands and the bulk of the TV audience was likely limited to Central/Eastern CT and Lynchburg, VA. I haven't seen the ratings, but untested would be doing the 3:30 SEC GotW. UConn/Liberty on CBSSN is practice.

She's fine for what she is...Play by play on the M crew of CBS football. That said, she's probably on CBSSN unless she improves.

Reaction Score
I posit that UConn games ARE her test. There were 15,000 people in the stands and the bulk of the TV audience was likely limited to Central/Eastern CT and Lynchburg, VA. I haven't seen the ratings, but untested would be doing the 3:30 SEC GotW. UConn/Liberty on CBSSN is practice.

She's fine for what she is...Play by play on the M crew of CBS football. That said, she's probably on CBSSN unless she improves.
she... doesn't... know... anything... about... the... sport.

Reaction Score
Some people aren’t fluid speakers. I am not ignorant but I’m not a good extemporaneous speaker. I have some sympathy for Meghan.
She sucks as an announcer of college football. If you aren't a fluid speaker should you have a career in speaking? Even if she were a fluid speaker, it might help if she had the slightest clue about football.
She has laid a turd this entire season and saying it doesn't smell so bad doesn't make it not a turd.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She sucks as an announcer of college football. If you aren't a fluid speaker should you have a career in speaking? Even if she were a fluid speaker, it might help if she had the slightest clue about football.
She has laid a turd this entire season and saying it doesn't smell so bad doesn't make it not a turd.
Read my post again. I said I had sympathy, period. You made up the rest of the stuff

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
she... doesn't... know... anything... about... the... sport.

In a world that saw Dennis Miller get primetime exposure in front of 16-some million every Monday night for two seasons, this doesn't really matter?

From CBS's POV, the McPeak experiment was low risk/high reward. She is not doing Georgia games on the flagship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom