ESPN- UConn matters | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ESPN- UConn matters

Reaction Score
So much great national press and all over NY media/social media...

UConn football completes unbelievable turnaround with stunning upset

Reaction Score
Kinda like your cheap shots on Charlton, every chance you get
Cheap shots are gratuitous. Calling out things that are objectively problematic is not. But, to appreciate that requires moving beyond an uninformed pom pom waver.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Gotta be honest with you unless I’m blind I don’t think the Antichrist put the score on the bottom line…WTF

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Methinks there are some very things skinned people in this thread.

UConn being roasted is a nice way of acknowledging how God awful this program has been and how they're a feel good story this season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If he corrected what she said it would be horrible, he would be lecturing/teaching her the entire game. She doesn't understand the sport at all. He just has to listen to her say stupid stuff for 3+ hours and he's not allowed to laugh, I don't envy his position.
He does correct her, but he does it very subtlety. If you listen she will absolutely butcher her name and then he will say it correctly when he responds. I’ll give him credit for that

Reaction Score
Gotta be honest with you unless I’m blind I don’t think the Antichrist put the score on the bottom line…WTF
This time of year they show the Playoff Top 25, not the AP, so it wouldn’t show during T25, but rather the less seen independents part of the scroll.

Reaction Score
Did anyone expect CBS Sports Network to assign better announcers to a team that was 1-11 last year? She is terrible but at least she isnt bitter about the assignment like some veteran announcer might be. She will get better plus we might not get them assigned to us next year... hopefully.

Reaction Score
That Hale piece is so annoying to be me. He's trying to be funny and instead writes a condescending, low blow piece. Just annoying that even when UConn Football playing well we still get crapped on my national guys.

Reaction Score
Cheap shots are gratuitous. Calling out things that are objectively problematic is not. But, to appreciate that requires moving beyond an uninformed pom pom waver.
Maybe if you saw the process as a whole instead of nitpicking individual instances. You might realize and appreciate that Charlton is better than what/who has been in his position...for a long time.

Reaction Score
That Hale piece is so annoying to be me. He's trying to be funny and instead writes a condescending, low blow piece. Just annoying that even when UConn Football playing well we still get crapped on my national guys.
He works at ESPN. What would expect. ESPN sucks

Reaction Score
Did anyone expect CBS Sports Network to assign better announcers to a team that was 1-11 last year? She is terrible but at least she isnt bitter about the assignment like some veteran announcer might be. She will get better plus we might not get them assigned to us next year... hopefully.
No one is surprised we’re getting their least respected announcers. Everyone is surprised that CBS hired her to call football games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If he corrected what she said it would be horrible, he would be lecturing/teaching her the entire game. She doesn't understand the sport at all. He just has to listen to her say stupid stuff for 3+ hours and he's not allowed to laugh, I don't envy his position.
No corrections just funny/sarcastic comments like when she says "Looks like the refs are giving them the first down" (8 yards past the line). He could say "The refs are really generous today" or "They should check the video on that spot"

Reaction Score
No corrections just funny/sarcastic comments like when she says "Looks like the refs are giving them the first down" (8 yards past the line). He could say "The refs are really generous today" or "They should check the video on that spot"
Yeah, I’m not sure gently mocking your co-announcer for a laugh is a good means towards career advancement. He is in a no win position.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I’m not sure gently mocking your co-announcer for a laugh is a good means towards career advancement. He is in a no win position.
He literally laughed at her a couple of times. By the way, Fauria stinks as well. They are well suited for each other.

Reaction Score
He literally laughed at her a couple of times. By the way, Fauria stinks as well. They are well suited for each other.
There was no sound where I was watching. If he did I understand, but I stick by my statement that by doing so he’s showing up a suit and that isn’t likely to end well for him.

Reaction Score
There is a reason her is her co-host, and it ain't to teach her. She is bad because she is clearly new at it. He flat out stinks!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom